1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Congratulations to Mariano Rivera on his 600th save

The save is an overrated stat. That said, Rivera is the king. Congrats indeed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

until the day the wheels fall off...Enter Sandman...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In Response to Re: Congratulations to Mariano Rivera on his 600th save:
    [QUOTE]Unlike Wastefield, it was quanity reached with all quality.  
    Posted by napalmball[/QUOTE]

Really? Let's be fair. Takes atleast 5 innings to get a win and (usually) 1 inning to get a save. The Save, as an official stat, is a little over 40 years old. The Win is as old as baseball itself. Congrats to both! But you, sir, are a qweef.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from napalmball. Show napalmball's posts

Unlike Wastefield, it was quanity reached with all quality.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene-. Show Bad-Scene-'s posts

[QUOTE]Under "Report Abuse" Choose "Other" Say " Move to MLB related forum since it is not Red Sox related. This is not a Yankee forum
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your comment Pike.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Bogus Kim - there aren't enough imposters on this board that you feel it is a good idea to create a new one?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Congratulations to Mariano Rivera on his 600th save : Can't you get it straight, Bad-Scene insists that he is not Mikeyinthebronx. He has told Kim that over and over again.
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE] well, if one has to protest that often..............just sayin.. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene-. Show Bad-Scene-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Congratulations to Mariano Rivera on his 600th save : well, i'll reserve judgement on that, but my main point stands...don't want to interrupt the topic..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

I can assure you of this #2, this is my only screename and I don't know who the "Kim" imposter is.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene-. Show Bad-Scene-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Congratulations to Mariano Rivera on his 600th save : so Mikey, how about you respect that and stop mocking Kim?...

I know Mikey, Mikey is a friend of mine....."Kimsaysthat" is no Mikey.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

WOW!   The guy has had a most extraordinary career !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Congratulations to Mariano Rivera on his 600th save : so Mikey, how about you respect that and stop mocking Kim?...

Can't you get it straight, Bad-Scene insists that he is not Mikeyinthebronx. He has told Kim that over and over again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

BoooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Congratulations to Mobot.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene-. Show Bad-Scene-'s posts

Congratulations to Mariano Rivera on his 600th save

Heck of an accomplishment.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]As a Braves fan who went 15 straight years in desperate need of a closer (when we had a good one he was a racist jerk, and he choked post-season as well) I have a unique appreciation of Mr. Rivera. There is no doubt that he is the greatest closer to ever play the game. He also seems like a classy guy, I remember him getting the sarcastic standing "O" from the Fenway crowd in '05 and laughing about it. Good stuff. Good guy. Congrats.      On that note (this being a Sox board and all) y'all should be very proud of Tim Wakefield, I know hw is kind of a polarizing figure on these boards, and I am not trying to debate his merit to THIS YEARS team one way or the other, but he has been a Red Sox through and through, and 200 wins is a terrific accomplishment. Yes knuckleballers pitch forever, my team had the worst 300 game winner of all time Phil Niekro for years (well maybe Don Sutton is worse, but I don't think so), yet there is something to be said for longevity, and Wakefield has always seemed like a classy guy. Congrats to Wake as well.
    Posted by athens7676[/QUOTE]

What about Gaylord Perry?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]Unlike Wastefield, it was quanity reached with all quality.  
    Posted by napalmball[/QUOTE]

New name..same game..*YAWN*

Congrats to the best closer in the game...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from athens7676. Show athens7676's posts

Perry was a much better pitcher than both Sutton & Niekro, IMO... I am open to being proven wrong statistically. :0)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Congratulations to Mariano Rivera on his 600th save : I know Mikey, Mikey is a friend of mine....."Kimsaysthat" is no Mikey.
    Posted by Bad-Scene-[/QUOTE] well, i'll reserve judgement on that, but my main point stands...don't want to interrupt the topic..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

gotta respect him

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthat. Show kimsaysthat's posts

In Response to Congratulations to Mariano Rivera on his 600th save:
    [QUOTE]Heck of an accomplishment.
    Posted by Bad-Scene-[/QUOTE]

This is a red sox board.  You are not allowed to mention yankee accomplishments.  Go to a yankee board.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Under "Report Abuse"
    Choose "Other"
    Say " Move to MLB related forum since it is not Red Sox related.

This is not a Yankee forum

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

No matter what team he is on, it is a great accomplishment. It would have been nicer if he had gotten all those saves for the Sox but congrats to Mariano anyway. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from athens7676. Show athens7676's posts

As a Braves fan who went 15 straight years in desperate need of a closer (when we had a good one he was a racist jerk, and he choked post-season as well) I have a unique appreciation of Mr. Rivera. There is no doubt that he is the greatest closer to ever play the game. He also seems like a classy guy, I remember him getting the sarcastic standing "O" from the Fenway crowd in '05 and laughing about it. Good stuff. Good guy. Congrats.     

On that note (this being a Sox board and all) y'all should be very proud of Tim Wakefield, I know hw is kind of a polarizing figure on these boards, and I am not trying to debate his merit to THIS YEARS team one way or the other, but he has been a Red Sox through and through, and 200 wins is a terrific accomplishment. Yes knuckleballers pitch forever, my team had the worst 300 game winner of all time Phil Niekro for years (well maybe Don Sutton is worse, but I don't think so), yet there is something to be said for longevity, and Wakefield has always seemed like a classy guy. Congrats to Wake as well.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Congratulations to Mariano Rivera on his 600th save : This is a red sox board.  You are not allowed to mention yankee accomplishments.  Go to a yankee board.
    Posted by kimsaysthat[/QUOTE] so Mikey, how about you respect that and stop mocking Kim?...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Congratulations to Mariano Rivera. Great accomplishment by a great player and by all accounts great guy. I've told this before, so for those who heard it, my apologies.

My niece is a junior at Quinnipiac University in Hamden, Ct. In December of '09, she called and said guess who was at Quinnipiac today...Mariano Rivera. The obvious question was, why? He was touring the school with his son. masses of people were following him around, said he "was so cool", gracious and took pictures. His son is now a student at quinnipiac and playing baseball.

Sections
Shortcuts