1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Congratulations to Mariano Rivera on his 600th save

No question, Mo is the standard.  Well done, Mariano. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from werk45. Show werk45's posts

I was at a cancer fundraiser and had a chance to meet Mo in person. He was so kind and gracious to my kid and myself. I asked him where he liked to play the most besides Yankee Stadium....he says "anywhere in the world series (with a laugh) and then....Boston, definately Boston....the place....the people...it means a lot to me when i pitch there."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Congrats to Mariano....clearly the greatest Closer of all time....with second a distant one at that....and considering how easy it is to despise Yankees...I have always found it hard not too like Mariano....quiet ...professional and humble.....if it is true that it aint braging if you can do it....he had every right to brag....but he never does.....class act.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Congrats to Rivera. The greatest closer ever. Without question, a first ballot Hall of Famer.  And a good guy. This whole forum has become so convoluted , you need a scorecard to keep track of the posters, what with the frequent name changes and such.  Who really is who ? Who knows? Who cares?   Bad Scene on Beacon Hill might make a good title for Affleck's next flick , though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: Congratulations to Mariano Rivera on his 600th save:
    Congrats to Rivera.  Without question, a first ballot Hall of Famer. However , this whole forum has become so convoluted , you need a scorecard to keep track of the posters, what with the frequent name changes and such.  Who really is who ? Who knows? Who cares?   Bad Scene on Beacon Hill might make a good title for Affleck's next flick , though.
    Posted by dgalehouse

LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

Congrats Mo.  Best closer evah, a good man and class act.  Too bad he's a Yanqui but, hey, no one's perfect ... let's give him a score of 3/4.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Re: Congratulations to Mariano Rivera on his 600th save : so Mikey, how about you respect that and stop mocking Kim?...
    Posted by jete02fan

hi jetes, said poster is mocking the imposter kim.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene-. Show Bad-Scene-'s posts

In Response to Re: Congratulations to Mariano Rivera on his 600th save :  well, if one has to protest that often..............just sayin.. 
    Posted by jete02fan

Kind of like all the charges on BeaconHill and Kimsaysthis that they are Pike.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Zac - are you messing with me?

Just in case u r serious, if Mo has 600 saves now, how does he finish with 450?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

As far as this Yankee fan is concerned - the most important Yankee since Mickey Mantle and my favorite Yankee of all-time. Don't be shocked if he reaches 650 by the end of his latest contract. Although, as far as I am concerned, the total number is not what really counts. It is the consistent excellence for such a long period of time (16 years ad counting) which is just astounding to me.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Congratulations to Mariano Rivera. Great accomplishment by a great player and by all accounts great guy. I've told this before, so for those who heard it, my apologies.

My niece is a junior at Quinnipiac University in Hamden, Ct. In December of '09, she called and said guess who was at Quinnipiac today...Mariano Rivera. The obvious question was, why? He was touring the school with his son. masses of people were following him around, said he "was so cool", gracious and took pictures. His son is now a student at quinnipiac and playing baseball.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Congrats to Mariano....clearly the greatest Closer of all time....with second a distant one at that....and considering how easy it is to despise Yankees...I have always found it hard not too like Mariano....quiet ...professional and humble.....if it is true that it aint braging if you can do it....he had every right to brag....but he never does.....class act.
    Posted by tomnev

Great post !  He is definitely one of the classiest players ever.  The Yankees are really going to miss him when he retires. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mick711. Show mick711's posts

In Response to Re: Congratulations to Mariano Rivera on his 600th save : Really? Let's be fair. Takes atleast 5 innings to get a win and (usually) 1 inning to get a save. The Save, as an official stat, is a little over 40 years old. The Win is as old as baseball itself. Congrats to both! But you, sir, are a qweef.
    Posted by emp9

winning 200 games dosent mean much anymore.

Sections
Shortcuts