Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Re: Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP

In Response to Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP:
    [QUOTE]No doubt about it. Great all-around player.
    Posted by Mr.YankeeBabe[/QUOTE]

If he is ? Do you really think we care? Well i guess your here because nobody on the Yankee site  really cares either.Go back and try to sell  some Yankee tickets to help fill those empty seats.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP:
    [QUOTE]No he isn't a team player ... that's why the Yanks lost all those games to the Sox.  Your boys swing for the fences, the Sox just have to pitch to prevent home runs.  And your guys, after losing 10 games, still haven't caught on.  Because that is all Granderson does.  Gonzo will hit a single or whatever just to get a run in.  granderson can't do that, he is just not that good a hitter.   His BA is 70 points lower than Gonzos, and Gonzo is in a slump.  Granderson is just not that good.  And babe, I said 40+ years ... thanks for proving my point.  And Granderson can come in second like Howard did, again, thanks for proving my point.  
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

Yeah he's playing a lot of team ball and getting a lot of RBI's in since the all star break.....he has so many more than Granderson.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from >.TheBabe.<. Show >.TheBabe.<'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP : Like I said, nobody wins it with that low a BA or with that low a WAR.   Granderson has had a fine year, but as ESPN and most other sites agree, he just isn't as valuable as you Yankee dreamers wish.

Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

But they have won with lower batting averages before. Not to mention, Dawson won the award in 1987 with a .287 while having lower OB% and SLG% than Granderson does now. So it's not like it's not possible.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from >.TheBabe.<. Show >.TheBabe.<'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP : You forgot Maris, who won back-to-back MVPs with .283 and .269.

Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

I know, but some of your fellow members of the red flops nation conveniently only want to count the last 40 years. Heck, from 1986 to 1989 you had four straight winners that didn't bat above .291.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpanther98. Show bigpanther98's posts

Granderson is not the AL MVP right now, but he's in the mix. Defensive metrics, along with of course the insightful critique of ESPN and MLB Network analysts, put Granderson as the worst fielding center fielder in the game. I'm not coming up with that out of thin air; they were just talking about it on ESPN. His batting average and OBP are far too low to be considered the MVP right now. He is surrounded by Teixeira, Cano, ARod (when he's healthy), and others, and that hurts his cause, just as it hurts the cause for Ellsbury or Gonzalez, but Ellsbury might have an edge as he's the table setter as the leadoff man rather than hitting in a power position and flanked by two other power hitters. If the Blue Jays end up with a winning record or especially if they have a quite decent record, and Bautista puts up huge numbers, then I think he's the favorite as he's the ONLY guy really in that lineup. Lind has been hurt for huge stretches of the season. Cabrera is right there too as the Tigers are the leaders in that division and doesn't have the hitting help that the Yankees and Red Sox have. If the Tigers make the playoffs, then I think Cabrera is right there with Bautista as the two favorites. Ellsbury is third and Granderson is fourth if he finishes with more HRs and RBIs than Gonzalez. There are your top five, and Granderson is most definitely NOT the shoe-in winner, far from it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Although I agree that he is the MVP, Jacoby Ellsbury is the best 5-tool player in the game.  Curtis Granderson only has 4 tools.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]
    then why isn't Els the MVP?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

What a joke topic!!  All he do is hit homeruns and strikeouts!!! 

Elsbury will win the MVP easily!!

14Jacoby EllsburyBOS50589158313227933114178.313.370.517.887

2Curtis GrandersonNYY45911312920103497231065130.281.375.590.965

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

BA is too low, sorry ... nobody with a BA that low has won in the last 40+ years.   Again, if it was just HRs then Dunn would have won a bunch.  Granderson is like Dunn.  A minus UZR player who just swings for the fences all the time. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

"You forgot Runs Scored; I still think (so far, despite the recent power outage)"

He never need to run to score runs.  Mark Texeria/Cano have been smacking alot of homeruns too where Granderson just jog around the base!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from >.TheBabe.<. Show >.TheBabe.<'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP : You forgot Runs Scored; I still think (so far, despite the recent power outage) it's AGon, with CG close behind, followed by Verlander, Bautista, Ells, Mig Cabrera, Pedroia, Young, and Ads Cabrera

Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Recent power outage? He's got 1 HR since the break....that's more than recent. Not to mention Granderson has more than twice as many RBI's and twice as many runs scored since the break.

And you wonder why people think you are a sawx fan.......... 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

[QUOTE]What a joke topic!!  All he do is hit homeruns and strikeouts!!!  Elsbury will win the MVP easily!! 14 Jacoby Ellsbury BOS 505 89 158 31 3 22 79 33 11 41 78 .313 .370 .517 .887 14 Jacoby Ellsbury BOS 505 89 158 31 3 22 79 33 11 41 78 .313 .370 .517 .887
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Very informative, UConn. Well, I guess that solves that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP : But they have won with lower batting averages before. Not to mention, Dawson won the award in 1987 with a .287 while having lower OB% and SLG% than Granderson does now. So it's not like it's not possible.
    Posted by />.TheBabe.<[/QUOTE]

You forgot Maris, who won back-to-back MVPs with .283 and .269.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

ESPN's ratings:

1Matt KempLADCF81.7
    2Ryan BraunMILLF80.6
    3Prince FielderMIL1B79.0
    4Jose BautistaTORRF78.1
    5Adrian GonzalezBOS1B77.5
    6Jacoby EllsburyBOSCF76.2
     Miguel CabreraDET1B76.2
    8Joey VottoCIN1B75.2
    9Curtis GrandersonNYYCF74.5
    10Justin VerlanderDETSP70.5

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

In Response to Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP:
    [QUOTE]No doubt about it. Great all-around player.
    Posted by Mr.YankeeBabe[/QUOTE]
    ====================================
        Who cares?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I don’t think any Sox player will win the award, dspite the seasons from Ellsbury, Pedroia and Gonzalez.  There is an old adage in football  - “If you have 2 quarterbacks, then you don’t have a quarterback.”  The same logic applies to MVP candidates.  These 3 will split votes among Boston players.  Two of them probably are among the top ten vote getters; none of them get the award.

The top AL candidates who could take the award are Granderson and Bautista.  However, a very deserving name no one is mentioning who should also be a serious candidate is Ben Zobrist.  I think Justin Verlander is a dark horse, and an unlikely winner, but is certainly worthy of a mention.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Let him win it.  Just let the Yanks get knocked out early.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

No he isn't a team player ... that's why the Yanks lost all those games to the Sox.  Your boys swing for the fences, the Sox just have to pitch to prevent home runs.  And your guys, after losing 10 games, still haven't caught on.  Because that is all Granderson does.  Gonzo will hit a single or whatever just to get a run in.  granderson can't do that, he is just not that good a hitter.   His BA is 70 points lower than Gonzos, and Gonzo is in a slump.  Granderson is just not that good. 

And babe, I said 40+ years ... thanks for proving my point.  And Granderson can come in second like Howard did, again, thanks for proving my point.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Re: ESPN's ratings:

In Response to Re: ESPN's ratings::
    [QUOTE]In Response to ESPN's ratings: : Oh well that settles it than, you showed us.
    Posted by Mikeyinthebronx2[/QUOTE]

I didn't show anything, ESPN did .. I am sure in all your infinite wisdom you fancy yourself smarter than an entire sports network.  Because after all, you are a Yankee fan. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Granderson does not hit for average not to mention he strikes out a ton and his stealing % is quite poor

So, you value BA and CS% more than OPS and RBIs. You are a delusional homey.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP : Of course he will be, Jeter has been in the offices of MLB ( under every desk he can get under) ensuring the votes of everyone he thinks may help.
    Posted by FenwayChuck[/QUOTE]

This makes alot of sense.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP : I promise I won't mention it the next time she calls.......

She's charitable thay way; calling those who need someone to talk to. It just disproves the myth that you never talked to a female.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Again, ESPN doesn't agree with you guys on Granderson ... stomp and snort all you want, it wasn't my stats that came up with that list, go read it and send comments to them. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP : Well.....agon isn't going to get to the HR total you projected for him nor is your team going to win your "conservative" prediction of 112 games, let alone the 115-120 that you felt was "easily" within reach. So in that light this is a "godawful position". And the Yanks have had their share of injuries to their starters, including two guys that were putting up better numbers than your supposed "borderline ace".

Who are those 2 guys?  Phil Hughes?  A guy that has yet to prove that he's a good starter in this league.  You know that.  Bartolo Colon only missed like a month and I wouldn't say he's had a better season than either Beckett or Lester.  You know that.  The Sox have missed a borderline ace-caliber pitcher for most of the season in Buchholz.  That has easily accounted for 5 fewer wins.