1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP

Leads the AL right now in runs and rbi's, which boggles the mind.  If he can keep that up, he is a shoo-in, regardless of any defensive metrics. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

I'm surprised Colon and CC, with those chins hanging to their waistlines, aren't on the DL permanently. It's scary how huge those guys are. Very unhealthy!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Ahhh, the past again.  But we all knew Colon would break down into a blob.   Garcia is the impressive one.  Great signing. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP:
    In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP : Don't lump my name in that group.  I stated that Granderson is the MVP as of right now. "they're even in this godawful position" - Um, what godawful position is that?  A half game back?  The Sox 10-2 vs. the EE so far this season?  Is that really a "godawful position"?  I'm waiting for you to bust out that the Yanks have done it without A-Rod for the past few months yet fail to recognize that the Red Sox have done it without Buchholz, a borderline ace.  That would be a typical Yankee homer reaction. Yeah AGon doesn't have 50 HR, but nobody saw him hitting .340.  Plus his RBI numbers are still very high and many believe his power is down because he's battling through a shoulder injury.  To compare him to Casey Kotchman is laughable. You're one of the elite yankee trolls/homers on this forum and a post like that just adds to your list of garbage.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WilcyMoore. Show WilcyMoore's posts

Curtis Granderson with an inside the park home run...the league leader in RBI's is just having an amazing season! Not to be outdone the man with the second most RBI's in the league Mark Teixeira hits a home run right after The Grandyman!
    Posted by Mikeyinthebronx2

Many knowledgeable and mature Yankee fans could care less whether Granderson is named the AL MVP in 2011.  He has been the one position player on the 2011 roster who has had a "career year."  So what?  Unto itself that does not warrant an MVP Award on a team loaded with outstanding players. 

Yankee players have been named Most Valuable Player 20 times and it's interesting that the first, Ruth, and the most recent, Rodriguez, were not home grown or "real Yankees" by definition.  All of the others were.  The St. Louis Cardinals not surprisingly are the 2d most decorated team in MLB history with with 19 MVP's.  The Boston Red Sox who are essentially an average franchise (middle of the pack) among the original 16 teams) historically have a total of 11 MVP's, one of whom was a former Yankee (Jackie Jensen) and the other of whom was the equivalent of a free agent (Jimmie Foxx), but was a guy the owner bought for cash like Ruth and A Rod.  It's largely irrelevant whether or not Granderson wins an MVP Award or he does not.  Most long time fans could care less about individual awards in a team sport.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP : I posted ESPN's ratings, you have only made more Mikey comments.   Mikey comments do not outweigh what the rest of the sport's world says. Sorry.   I hope you read this before you get banned again .....
    Posted by soxmeister

Oh well the ESPN rating means everything! I had no idea that the ESPN Rating was "what the rest of the sport's world says"  Excuse me how silly of me not to know that lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP : Many knowledgeable and mature Yankee fans could care less whether Granderson is named the AL MVP in 2011.  He has been the one position player on the 2011 roster who has had a "career year."  So what?  Unto itself that does not warrant an MVP Award on a team loaded with outstanding players.  Yankee players have been named Most Valuable Player 20 times and it's interesting that the first, Ruth, and the most recent, Rodriguez, were not home grown or "real Yankees" by definition.  All of the others were.  The St. Louis Cardinals not surprisingly are the 2d most decorated team in MLB history with with 19 MVP's.  The Boston Red Sox who are essentially an average franchise (middle of the pack) among the original 16 teams) historically have a total of 11 MVP's, one of whom was a former Yankee (Jackie Jensen) and the other of whom was the equivalent of a free agent (Jimmie Foxx), but was a guy the owner bought for cash like Ruth and A Rod.  It's largely irrelevant whether or not Granderson wins an MVP Award or he does not.  Most long time fans could care less about individual awards in a team sport.   
    Posted by WilcyMoore

I don't care, I didn't start this thread.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP : I supported what I said ... and you .... well, you just made comments. Guess that makes you the winner.  Granderson is the MVP.  Let's throw a parade.
    Posted by soxmeister

Mikey is the same guy that thinks a pitcher's win total means more than ERA when evaluating how good that pitcher is.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

If the Red Sox win the division A-Gon or Ellsbury deserve it, if the Yankees win Granderson deserves it. Pedroia and Cano both have been really hot since the ASB too, should be fun the next month.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

Please post things that are relevant to the OP. thank you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

Have you noticed that Mikey only posts when the Yankees are in first.  What a troll he is!

I can't help that the Yanks are in first don't be upset.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP : Mikey is the same guy that thinks a pitcher's win total means more than ERA when evaluating how good that pitcher is.

Not true SPC you just spin things....I just told you last year that Bucholz did not have enough innings pitched nor decisions to win the Cy Young and guess what.....he didn't.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP : Many knowledgeable and mature Yankee fans could care less whether Granderson is named the AL MVP in 2011.  He has been the one position player on the 2011 roster who has had a "career year."  So what?  Unto itself that does not warrant an MVP Award on a team loaded with outstanding players.  Yankee players have been named Most Valuable Player 20 times and it's interesting that the first, Ruth, and the most recent, Rodriguez, were not home grown or "real Yankees" by definition.  All of the others were.  The St. Louis Cardinals not surprisingly are the 2d most decorated team in MLB history with with 19 MVP's.  The Boston Red Sox who are essentially an average franchise (middle of the pack) among the original 16 teams) historically have a total of 11 MVP's, one of whom was a former Yankee (Jackie Jensen) and the other of whom was the equivalent of a free agent (Jimmie Foxx), but was a guy the owner bought for cash like Ruth and A Rod.  It's largely irrelevant whether or not Granderson wins an MVP Award or he does not.  Most long time fans could care less about individual awards in a team sport.   
    Posted by WilcyMoore

I always love your intelligent, coherent, and reasonable posts. Keep posting. The forum need more like you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP : I supported what I said ... and you .... well, you just made comments. Guess that makes you the winner.  Granderson is the MVP.  Let's throw a parade.
    Posted by soxmeister

I didn't say he was, I said AGon is not.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Posted by WilcyMoore

Many knowledgeable and mature Yankee fans could care less whether Granderson is named the AL MVP in 2011.

It's largely irrelevant whether or not Granderson wins an MVP Award or he does not. Most long time fans could care less about individual awards in a team sport.

that's true

but then again any one who has read

some  of SPC  '' best ever ''   posts

might tend to care a tad more

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

Mikey and Babe, are you the same dude?  Or is Mikey just following in Babe's footsteps? Maybe you two can get banned simultaneously, wouldn't that be special?!!!!! As I have said many times over, Granderson is having a fine year.   But he is not the MVP.   I will conceed that if Gonzo continues his slump much longer he will be out of the running.   He has his swing back ... so we shall see. 
    Posted by soxmeister

AGon is already not the MVP, hes not even the MVP of the Red Sox.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP : No, but you could be a true fan and actually post here throughout the season instead of hiding when the Yankees struggle.

Funny coming from you, when the Sox lose you go into hiding or post at 3 am and then scatter!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP : I can't help that the Yanks are in first don't be upset.

No, but you could be a true fan and actually post here throughout the season instead of hiding when the Yankees struggle.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP : Oh well the ESPN rating means everything! I had no idea that the ESPN Rating was " what the rest of the sport's world says "  Excuse me how silly of me not to know that lol

I supported what I said ... and you .... well, you just made comments.

Guess that makes you the winner.  Granderson is the MVP.  Let's throw a parade.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP : AGon is already not the MVP, hes not even the MVP of the Red Sox.

I posted ESPN's ratings, you have only made more Mikey comments.   Mikey comments do not outweigh what the rest of the sport's world says.

Sorry.   I hope you read this before you get banned again .....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

Posted by Your-Echo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Posted by WilcyMoore

Not to nitpick, but Babe Ruth never won an MVP - he won a League Award, which was voted by players and coaches and had different rules.  I'm sure he would have won an MVP, but that award didn't start until 1931.  Also, Roger Maris (who won 2) was not a 'home grown' Yankee.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stormcrow7878. Show stormcrow7878's posts

Posted by WilcyMoore

Roger Maris (1960 and 61 MVP) was not home grown.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

Jacoby has no arm.  Curtis Granderson does.  That makes Ellsbury a four tool player if you know the players and what they actually do between the lines.  Until this year, Ellsbury was a 3 tool player who could run, catch and hit for average.  His power surge was surprising to most which added the 4th tool. 
    Posted by WilcyMoore

No no no, SPC said 5 tools so it must be true.  He also said the Sox would win 114 games this season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stormcrow7878. Show stormcrow7878's posts

In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP : Roger Maris (1960 and 61 MVP) was not home grown.
    Posted by stormcrow7878

Woops Slomag beat me 2 it!

Sections
Shortcuts