Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from >.TheBabe.<. Show >.TheBabe.<'s posts

Re: Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP

In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP:
    [QUOTE]No he isn't a team player ... that's why the Yanks lost all those games to the Sox.  Your boys swing for the fences, the Sox just have to pitch to prevent home runs.  And your guys, after losing 10 games, still haven't caught on.  Because that is all Granderson does.  Gonzo will hit a single or whatever just to get a run in.  granderson can't do that, he is just not that good a hitter.   His BA is 70 points lower than Gonzos, and Gonzo is in a slump.  Granderson is just not that good.  And babe, I said 40+ years ... thanks for proving my point.  And Granderson can come in second like Howard did, again, thanks for proving my point.  

Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

Ummm....dale murphy 1982....thanks for being wrong.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP : Well.....agon isn't going to get to the HR total you projected for him nor is your team going to win your "conservative" prediction of 112 games, let alone the 115-120 that you felt was "easily" within reach. So in that light this is a "godawful position". And the Yanks have had their share of injuries to their starters, including two guys that were putting up better numbers than your supposed "borderline ace".
    Posted by />.TheBabe.<[/QUOTE]

And your "Ace", the guy all you Yankee trolls said was the sure Cy Young winner, is 0-4 against the Sox.   Guess he is bordeline Burnett.  At least against the Sox and their inferior team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Ahhh, the past again.  But we all knew Colon would break down into a blob.   Garcia is the impressive one.  Great signing. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from >.TheBabe.<. Show >.TheBabe.<'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP : Ah, the post of the variety that admits failure and frustration; typical of a RS fan. Don't tell my wife or kids.

Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

I promise I won't mention it the next time she calls.......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Geez louise, funny.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]Just to clarify a small point. Granderson is hitting .281 and trending upward beautifully since the break.Terrible, we know. Reasonable Sox posters (of whom there are many who we all enjoy reading),please look away.Why all the fooling around on who wins the MVP or the Cy Young? It misses the point on a forum that is only about one upsmanship--mine is better than yours. This is all further aggravated by some in RSN frustrated that they're even in this godawful position to begin with their early expectations so high for the Sox---looking up in the standings at the EE in late August, the 50 HR season for Agon turning into a look alike contest with Casey Kotchman, etc.---and let's say, some other issues.  Back to "mine is better than yours" specifically for the soxmeisters, SPCs, slomags, andrewmitches, and UConns in the crowd----Granderson is putting up better #s across the board than any Sox player. Let's try that another way--statistically, Granderson is a more complete player than anyone on the Sox and has the #s to prove it. And the Yankees wake up today in first place and with the best offense in baseball. Should Grandy win the MVP? Who cares, soxmeister? Mine is better than yours.
    Posted by mfymfy[/QUOTE]

Don't lump my name in that group.  I stated that Granderson is the MVP as of right now.

"they're even in this godawful position"- Um, what godawful position is that?  A half game back?  The Sox 10-2 vs. the EE so far this season?  Is that really a "godawful position"?  I'm waiting for you to bust out that the Yanks have done it without A-Rod for the past few months yet fail to recognize that the Red Sox have done it without Buchholz, a borderline ace.  That would be a typical Yankee homer reaction.

Yeah AGon doesn't have 50 HR, but nobody saw him hitting .340.  Plus his RBI numbers are still very high and many believe his power is down because he's battling through a shoulder injury.  To compare him to Casey Kotchman is laughable.

You're one of the elite yankee trolls/homers on this forum and a post like that just adds to your list of garbage.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from >.TheBabe.<. Show >.TheBabe.<'s posts

When is the last time someone lead the league in RBI's, runs scored and quite possibly HR's and not win the MVP?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from >.TheBabe.<. Show >.TheBabe.<'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP : Who are those 2 guys?  Phil Hughes?  A guy that has yet to prove that he's a good starter in this league.  You know that.  Bartolo Colon only missed like a month and I wouldn't say he's had a better season than either Beckett or Lester.  You know that.  The Sox have missed a borderline ace-caliber pitcher for most of the season in Buchholz.  That has easily accounted for 5 fewer wins.

Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Well, before his stint on the DL Colon was certainly pitching better than buch, and now Garcia is on the DL and he has also pitched better than buch.

And whether you hate him or not, Hughes is looking a lot better in his more recent starts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Re: ESPN's ratings:

In Response to Re: ESPN's ratings::
    [QUOTE]In Response to ESPN's ratings: : Do you have a link?

LOL You need a link to ESPN?  And I said nobody batted .270 ... read what I wrote, or don't respond.  Time for your next banning yet? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from >.TheBabe.<. Show >.TheBabe.<'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP : Don't lump my name in that group.  I stated that Granderson is the MVP as of right now. "they're even in this godawful position" - Um, what godawful position is that?  A half game back?  The Sox 10-2 vs. the EE so far this season?  Is that really a "godawful position"?  I'm waiting for you to bust out that the Yanks have done it without A-Rod for the past few months yet fail to recognize that the Red Sox have done it without Buchholz, a borderline ace.  That would be a typical Yankee homer reaction. Yeah AGon doesn't have 50 HR, but nobody saw him hitting .340.  Plus his RBI numbers are still very high and many believe his power is down because he's battling through a shoulder injury.  To compare him to Casey Kotchman is laughable. You're one of the elite yankee trolls/homers on this forum and a post like that just adds to your list of garbage.

Well.....agon isn't going to get to the HR total you projected for him nor is your team going to win your "conservative" prediction of 112 games, let alone the 115-120 that you felt was "easily" within reach. So in that light this is a "godawful position".

And the Yanks have had their share of injuries to their starters, including two guys that were putting up better numbers than your supposed "borderline ace".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Leads the AL right now in runs and rbi's, which boggles the mind.  If he can keep that up, he is a shoo-in, regardless of any defensive metrics. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]As of right now, Curtis Granderson is the MVP.  There's no denying that and there are some Red Sox fans on here that need to just accept it.  It's not an automatic lock yet because anything can happen from here on out. But out of all honestly... who really cares?  The true award is the World Series.

I recall you seeming to care about the MVP/CYA earlier this yr. You seem to flip-flop based on the weather.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

Just to clarify a small point. Granderson is hitting .281 and trending upward beautifully since the break.Terrible, we know.

Reasonable Sox posters (of whom there are many who we all enjoy reading),please look away.Why all the fooling around on who wins the MVP or the Cy Young? It misses the point on a forum that is only about one upsmanship--mine is better than yours. This is all further aggravated by some in RSN frustrated that they're even in this godawful position to begin with their early expectations so high for the Sox---looking up in the standings at the EE in late August, the 50 HR season for Agon turning into a look alike contest with Casey Kotchman, etc.---and let's say, some other issues. 

Back to "mine is better than yours" specifically for the soxmeisters, SPCs, slomags, andrewmitches, and UConns in the crowd----Granderson is putting up better #s across the board than any Sox player. Let's try that another way--statistically, Granderson is a more complete player than anyone on the Sox and has the #s to prove it.

And the Yankees wake up today in first place and with the best offense in baseball.

Should Grandy win the MVP? Who cares, soxmeister? Mine is better than yours.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

CG and AGon are both way up there in the mix.  There is still plenty of ball to play, and there is no sense trying to nail it down this early.
    IMO, the MVP has to go to a player on a contending team, and that player had to have made substantial contributions to getting the team there.  When ARod won it on a last place team, I always wondered how valuable he could have been, since the team could certainly have gotten to last place with him or without him.

As a Yankee fan, at this stage, I think AGon is more valuable to the Sox than CG is to the Yanks, but it is close.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aquachuck. Show aquachuck's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP : I just figured it out, you're a closet RS fan trying to make Yankee posters look bad by your inane garbage, and, especially since I'm a Yankee poster with some teeth, in addition you're trying to discredit me as well, and from what better vantage point? How could I have ignored the obvious for so long?

We figured out that he was a closet Sox fan about 3K rants, I mean posts ago...what took ya so long?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

I'm surprised Colon and CC, with those chins hanging to their waistlines, aren't on the DL permanently. It's scary how huge those guys are. Very unhealthy!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from >.TheBabe.<. Show >.TheBabe.<'s posts

Re: ESPN's ratings:

In Response to ESPN's ratings::
    [QUOTE]1 Matt Kemp LAD CF 81.7 2 Ryan Braun MIL LF 80.6 3 Prince Fielder MIL 1B 79.0 4 Jose Bautista TOR RF 78.1 5 Adrian Gonzalez BOS 1B 77.5 6 Jacoby Ellsbury BOS CF 76.2   Miguel Cabrera DET 1B 76.2 8 Joey Votto CIN 1B 75.2 9 Curtis Granderson NYY CF 74.5 10 Justin Verlander DET SP 70.5

Do you have a link?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

As of right now, Curtis Granderson is the MVP.  There's no denying that and there are some Red Sox fans on here that need to just accept it.  It's not an automatic lock yet because anything can happen from here on out.

But out of all honestly... who really cares?  The true award is the World Series.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP : But they have won with lower batting averages before. Not to mention, Dawson won the award in 1987 with a .287 while having lower OB% and SLG% than Granderson does now. So it's not like it's not possible.

True Babe, but back then the voters didn't even use some of the sabermetrics they're in love with now.  In that era, power numbers stood out and I can't quite recall who Dawson's biggest challenger was for the MVP (happens at my age - lol :)).  While I think Granderson is ahead of the pack so far, there's alot of year left.  MVP's have been won by folks with incredible Septembers.  Also, I'd much rather have AGON, Ells, or Pedey (heck, any Sox player) win the WS MVP.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP : I know, but some of your fellow members of the red flops nation conveniently only want to count the last 40 years. Heck, from 1986 to 1989 you had four straight winners that didn't bat above .291.

I just figured it out, you're a closet RS fan trying to make Yankee posters look bad by your inane garbage, and, especially since I'm a Yankee poster with some teeth, in addition you're trying to discredit me as well, and from what better vantage point? How could I have ignored the obvious for so long?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Granderson has a very good shot at MVP becauase no one on the Yanks team has played anywhere near as well as him, the rest have not stepped up. On the Sox, Ellsbury will split votes with Gonzalez and maybe Pedroia, thus giving the vote to Granderson. I care more about how wins in the postseason so Granderson can have the MVP and may the Yankees trolls hearts beat with misplaced pride.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP : You only have some teeth? That must make your boyfriend happy.

Ah, the post of the variety that admits failure and frustration; typical of a RS fan. Don't tell my wife or kids.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from >.TheBabe.<. Show >.TheBabe.<'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson will be the AL MVP : I just figured it out, you're a closet RS fan trying to make Yankee posters look bad by your inane garbage, and, especially since I'm a Yankee poster with some teeth, in addition you're trying to discredit me as well, and from what better vantage point? How could I have ignored the obvious for so long?

You only have some teeth? That must make your boyfriend happy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Obviously , the MVP will be decided over the next six weeks.  Granderson is certainly a very good possibility.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

[QUOTE]Ahhh, the past again.  But we all knew Colon would break down into a blob.   Garcia is the impressive one.  Great signing. 

I honestly don't care about the MVP, if you and SPC will feel better about your singles hitting, non RBI producing, non home run hitting first baseman to win the award than so be it.  I mean so what if AGon got the vast majority of HR's and RBI's in the first half....it is the value of those few RBI's that he has produced here in the 2nd half.  Granted he has rarely driven in a run here in the 2nd half but the runs he drove in were so important!  Guys often win the MVP limping across the line...Babe you should just let it go, they're right!