1. You have chosen to ignore posts from matsuigoesMo. Show matsuigoesMo's posts

Re: Game Thread Tigers @ Yankees

[QUOTE]

Verlander seems to be all over the place so they sohuld be out there taking pitches.

Posted by lvanDrago[/QUOTE]

Tex took a pitch, deep into the right field stands.

Sitting at 1-1, w/ 3 rbi's along w/ a bb is not too bad a start for a guy who is notoriously slow out of the gate.

If you are paying attention to the pitch count, the Yankees have been taking plenty of pitches. It appeared that Gardner was bunting for a base hit against a guy who is throwing serious heat in the cold.

Martin gets a solid hit in his 1st Yankee at bat, then proves his hip and knee must be feeling pretty darn good by stealing 3rd.

It would seem that neither starter is in line to pitch much beyond the 5th, maybe 1, or 2 outs at most, into the 6th.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lvanDrago. Show lvanDrago's posts

Even when drunk, Cabrera can still get the job done.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lvanDrago. Show lvanDrago's posts

Considering how easy it is to hit a HR to RF at Taxpayer Stadium, "small balled" it over the fence is probably an accurate description.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dangerfeld. Show Dangerfeld's posts

No YES network on DIRECTV after tomorrow due to a failure to negotiate a contract.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Gotta admit, even though it is a Yankees games, and it was started by Frankie baby, I do love to see a game thread on this here board.  let the games begin!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babeinsawxland. Show Babeinsawxland's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread Tigers @ Yankees:
    [QUOTE]I can only "watch" on gamecast and i saw Gardner sac'ed to 1st to move Martin along. Are the yanks really playing 'small ball' in the 3rd inning? what gives? Plus Verlander seems to be all over the place so they sohuld be out there taking pitches.

Yup, and Tex "small balled" it over the fence!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FR's26Rings. Show FR's26Rings's posts

Game Thread Tigers @ Yankees

Go Yankees!
    Top 2nd
    Detroit 1 Yankees 0

123456789RHE
    DET 01       1 2 0
    NYY 0        0 0 0

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

Ya know, I heard that VMart is going to mostly DH for Detroit. 

If I'd a known he was going to mostly DH, I might have been for keeping him and letting Papi go. 

It's just a passing thought, but...

-Daf. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]I can only "watch" on gamecast and i saw Gardner sac'ed to 1st to move Martin along. Are the yanks really playing 'small ball' in the 3rd inning? what gives? Plus Verlander seems to be all over the place so they sohuld be out there taking pitches.
    Posted by lvanDrago[/QUOTE]man, pace yourself ID, 161 to go....Tongue outWink

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lvanDrago. Show lvanDrago's posts

I can only "watch" on gamecast and i saw Gardner sac'ed to 1st to move Martin along. Are the yanks really playing 'small ball' in the 3rd inning? what gives? Plus Verlander seems to be all over the place so they sohuld be out there taking pitches.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babeinsawxland. Show Babeinsawxland's posts

[QUOTE]Considering how easy it is to hit a HR to RF at Taxpayer Stadium, "small balled" it over the fence is probably an accurate description.

It actually was a pretty good blast but you couldn't tell by watching gamecast from the confines of your cubicle.

How's the telemarketing going?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from matsuigoesMo. Show matsuigoesMo's posts

Joba goes 1, 2, 3.

That 7th inning role is going to fit the big guy just fine.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from matsuigoesMo. Show matsuigoesMo's posts

Curtis GRANDerson looks ready to have some fun this year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Looks like plenty of great seats available for the game.  I guess the weather isn't fair enough to fill the house.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from matsuigoesMo. Show matsuigoesMo's posts

[QUOTE]

lol mo YOU CAN TELL ALL THIS FROM ONE GAME? IS SABATHIS GOING TO NOT PITCH ACE LIKE ALL SEASON TOO?

Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Granderson finished last year in a groove, and yes, I expect both he and Joba will have big years.

I'll take 2 earned runs from CC every game.

Add in a strong start from Tex (a rope line out in the 7th), and a hard shot from Arod that would have been out on most any other day, yup, it 's lookng good.

Time for Soriano to prove his pinstripe mettle.

You didn't delete quick enough J.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from matsuigoesMo. Show matsuigoesMo's posts

Soriano is perfect in his pinstripe debut against the heart of the order.

Jeter plays good d and knocks in an insurance run. Other than the dropped toss by Cano, it's been a real nice day.

I think CC, and the rest of the team, will be satisfied if the Yankees come away with their 11th straight victory in home openers on a day that they faced a guy as talented as Verlander.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Typical Yankee line score: 5 runs on 4 hits. They always seem to make the most out of their offense and the opposition's free passes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from matsuigoesMo. Show matsuigoesMo's posts

Yankees extend their home opener winning streak to 11.

Jeter, Mo, Posada officially extend their record (all major sports included) to a 17th year as teammates.

Granderson not only comes back from a rib injury that came close to having him miss the opener, he goes on to win the Chevy player of the game.

As a bonus I extend the following to J-Bay:

New York Yankees
    PitchersIP H RERBBSOHRPC-STERA
    C Sabathia6.0632270106-703.00
    J Chamberlain
    (W, 1-0)
    1.000001013-80.00
    R Soriano
    (H, 1)
    1.000001014-80.00
    M Rivera
    (S, 1)
    1.000001012-90.00
    Totals9.06322100145-95 
    PITCHING
    First-pitch strikes/Batters faced: C Sabathia 17/27; J Chamberlain 1/3; R Soriano 1/3; M Rivera 2/3