1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moremo. Show moremo's posts

Granderson beats Agon to 100 RBI's. No easy task with the numbers Agon had at the mid season break.

Curtis gets my MVP vote, and his glove is far better than some models indicate. A true five tool player coming into his own.

Agon excels with a few tools himself, but I was never keen on giving MVP considerations to a guy who doesn't run out groundballs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Re: Granderson beats Agon to 100 RBI's. No easy task with the numbers Agon had at the mid season break.

Gonzo, 5 HRs, 3 games ... and he has 181 hits already.   Look out MVP, here Gonzo comes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Re: Granderson beats Agon to 100 RBI's. No easy task with the numbers Agon had at the mid season break.

Lots of baseball left to play.

Let's not distribute the hardware just yet.

Or count any chickens...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Verlander gets my vote. He is having one of those rare, exceedingly exceptional years. He could get close to 25 wins.

19-5
    2.28 ERA
    212 Ks in 209-1/3 innings with only 45 walks.
    28 starts - 7+ innings in 22 of those games, including his last 7
    0.88 whip
    in those 28 starts, has given up 4 or more earned runs only THREE times with a high of 6
    4 CG, 2 SO, 1 no hitter
    4 10+ K games

He's puting together a season to rival Pedro in '99.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Granderson beats Agon to 100 RBI's. No easy task with the numbers Agon had at the mid season break.:
    [QUOTE]Curtis gets my MVP vote, and his glove is far better than some models indicate. A true five tool player coming into his own. Agon excels with a few tools himself, but I was never keen on giving MVP considerations to a guy who doesn't run out groundballs.
    Posted by moremo[/QUOTE]

What are you basing the comment him not running out groundballs?
    What "models" are you talking about?
    What about Ellsbury?
    What about Verlander?

Troll

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moremo. Show moremo's posts

Is my wife the moderator?

Wow, with all the nasty stuff I read on this board, a few good natured jabs at a guy who purposely brought discord to this thread is swept away.

Baseball is a funny game, and that was some funny stuff you took away.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: Granderson beats Agon to 100 RBI's. No easy task with the numbers Agon had at the mid season break.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Granderson beats Agon to 100 RBI's. No easy task with the numbers Agon had at the mid season break. : Granderson takes two more lefties yard. Bye bye squared. The kid now has 10 triples, 38 HR's, 107 RBI's, 121 runs scored, all stats that top Agon, three by a very impressive margin. All that production from Curtis despite the fact that he is putting far less balls into play as compared to the ever steady Agon. If you wish good things for good people, then it's quite easy to enjoy the season that both players have put together. It's near impossible to believe that a true baseball fan would not have knowledge of how authentically honest and decent Curtis Granderson is. True baseball fans, near and far, have to respect the fact that Granderson has delivered those impressive numbers of his with 49 less hits than a fellow MVP candidate.
    Posted by moremo[/QUOTE]

What is the point of this thread?  Give Curtis the MVP.  I have no problem with that.  I am perfectly happy to have Gonzalez finish second in that voting.  All I care about is the playoffs and advancing.  All this other talk is simply noise.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

In Response to Re: Granderson beats Agon to 100 RBI's. No easy task with the numbers Agon had at the mid season break.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Granderson beats Agon to 100 RBI's. No easy task with the numbers Agon had at the mid season break. : I was just asking about AGon...I suppose if you're throwing the PED thing at Yankees, playing at Fenway Park explains the dramatic increase in AGon's batting average. Unless he was a .350 hitter before? Or PED's have nothing to do with batting average?  To be honest, I think neither him nor Granderson are on PED's...this argument is silly.
    Posted by mikeyintheboogiedown[/QUOTE]

No argument,  they would walk Gonzo in SD, not give him anything to hit.  That is why his avg is so good, you can't walk him anymore with great hitters behind him.   He has benefited from Youk and Papi big time.   His OBP has been about .400 the last 3 years, he lead the league with 119 BBs in 2009.  Only 59 BBs this year.  Huge difference there. 

But Granderson has really jumped in production, you have to admit that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyintheboogiedown. Show mikeyintheboogiedown's posts

[QUOTE]Granderson?  .270 ... with a slugging % of .496 ... and he is almost 100 points higher this year.   Gonzo was .298 avg last year, but has had  plus .500 slugging percentage for the last 6 years.  And Gonzo averages over 30 HRs a year the last 5 years. Granderson is the aberration, not Gonzo.  He never had a 100 RBI season before, only hit 30 HRs (exactly) once before ... no, Gonzo was always a hitting star. Are you trying to say Gonzo wasn't? RBI by Gonzo ... ties Granderson at 103 .... bye bye Curtis.
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]
    I was just asking about AGon...I suppose if you're throwing the PED thing at Yankees, playing at Fenway Park explains the dramatic increase in AGon's batting average. Unless he was a .350 hitter before? Or PED's have nothing to do with batting average? 

To be honest, I think neither him nor Granderson are on PED's...this argument is silly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

AGon has had these numbers for his career ... Granderson, nope.  Bautista, yes, for two years.    Does it mean that Bautista is using HGH?  No, it doesn't.  It is stupid to even suggest that.

But Granderson definitley is Tongue outTongue outTongue outTongue out

The guy weighs 180 fully dressed ... no way he hits that many HRs with that skinny frame without doping.   HGH testing = the end for Granderson.  Better hope the union turns down the testing. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moremo. Show moremo's posts

[QUOTE]

What is the point of this thread?  Give Curtis the MVP.  I have no problem with that.  I am perfectly happy to have Gonzalez finish second in that voting.  All I care about is the playoffs and advancing.  All this other talk is simply noise.

Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

Mr. Jim Cranky Davis, if all you "care about is the playoffs and advancing" you haven't had a care in the world since 2008.

Granderson is having a spectacular season, as is Agon, and the point was simple enough. Agon appeared to be on a path to easily end the season leading the league in RBI's, that is no longer the case.

Should this board have been shut down once the Red Sox were swept out in 2009?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Granderson made some significant changes in his batting stance.  I highly doubt there are any PED's involved in his improvement.  He's always had this potential.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyintheboogiedown. Show mikeyintheboogiedown's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Granderson beats Agon to 100 RBI's. No easy task with the numbers Agon had at the mid season break. : If you're in the MVP discussion then you are having a great year.  Period. 
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Nobody said he wasn't having a great year.  He has to do it more than once for the best in the game stuff to even begin. Period.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Granderson beats Agon to 100 RBI's. No easy task with the numbers Agon had at the mid season break. : Yeah, 1 more RBI ... great point!!!!   But as I said, Gonzo is out of his slump.  5 HRs in the last 3 days.  You guys handed the award out too soon, change the name on it to "Gonzo".    You would be a fool to think Granderson will end up with more RBIs than Gonzo.   Gonzo will also have over 200 hits, he is at 181 already ... 50 more hits (!) than Granderson, and it is still August. Granderson is one skinny dude.  Amazing he hits it so far.  Even the HGH usage doesn't explain that.  Els doesn't have nearly as many HRs as Granderson, but point taken.  How these guys with those frames crush the ball I will never understand. 
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

It's the wrist action; ever hear of Hank Aaron? As far as HGH is concerned, are you accusing, implicating, speculating or all of the above? And, while you're at it, what about a few of the good guys?  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from davescout. Show davescout's posts

Agon has - 49 more hits, 70 points better in Average, 18 more doubles, 45 less strike outs, better OBO, 14 more total bases

Granderson has - 30 more runs, 7 more triples, 23 more stolen bases, everthing else is close......I think Agon wins it if the season eneded today

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

In fact, most players are likely on hgh, but you don't know if they are or not!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

It think it comes down to the division. Who wins is going to affect a lot of votes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

bautista's numbers are the best.  then agon, then granderson in my mind.  Sox foters split their vote i bet.  agon ells will be 3rd 4th, and pedroia and papi will also get votes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

I'm doing great jete02 how are you?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Granderson beats Agon to 100 RBI's. No easy task with the numbers Agon had at the mid season break.:
    [QUOTE]Curtis gets my MVP vote, and his glove is far better than some models indicate. A true five tool player coming into his own. Agon excels with a few tools himself, but I was never keen on giving MVP considerations to a guy who doesn't run out groundballs.
    Posted by moremo[/QUOTE]

We are certainly glad you are not keen.  How many ground balls did Bonds run out?  BTW, Agon hit 2 tonight and will give Curtis a run for his MVP. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Not such a feat with the numbers Agon had in July and the first 3 weeks of August.  Granderson has been in a slump recently.  To me, Bautista, Ells, Pedroia, Agon and Granderson all have pretty good (and just about equal as of now) shots at it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]Baustista. Ave: .314 OBP: .454 Slug: .649 Home Runs: 37 RBIs and Runs Bautista cannot control, he's the MVP in every definition, performance definitely, team performance, I think there's no arguing that Toronto is a below 500 team without him. You shouldn't have to wear a Sox, or Yankees jersey to win the MVP.      
    Posted by NUSoxFan[/QUOTE]

Bautista will win a Silver Slugger, but not the MVP.  With him, the Blue Jays are a distant 4th place.  Without him, they are a more distant 4th place.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Posted by moremo[/QUOTE]

Granderson is not an above average outfielder, sorry.  And his BA is not even close to Gonzos ... 70 points lower in fact.  Gonzo just added 3 RBIs ... and the game has not ended. 

Granderson has played great.  Just not as valuable as Gonzo.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Granderson beats Agon to 100 RBI's. No easy task with the numbers Agon had at the mid season break. : Bautista will win a Silver Slugger, but not the MVP.  With him, the Blue Jays are a distant 4th place.  Without him, they are a more distant 4th place.  
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Alex Rodriguez and Andre Dawson won MVP's for last place teams.  Let's not pretend you have to win the division to get the award...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Posted by moremo[/QUOTE]

You used to be MatsuiGoes before, right? Please introduce yourself as a diehard Yankee fan.