Granderson beats Agon to 100 RBI's. No easy task with the numbers Agon had at the mid season break.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyintheboogiedown. Show mikeyintheboogiedown's posts

Re: Granderson beats Agon to 100 RBI's. No easy task with the numbers Agon had at the mid season break.

In Response to Re: Granderson beats Agon to 100 RBI's. No easy task with the numbers Agon had at the mid season break.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Granderson beats Agon to 100 RBI's. No easy task with the numbers Agon had at the mid season break. : Looks like sour puss is digging deep for ways to bash Ellsbury...
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Maybe so, but it looks like someone else is trying to put him in the HOF a little prematurely.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Re: Granderson beats Agon to 100 RBI's. No easy task with the numbers Agon had at the mid season break.

First: 8/17/2011
    Last: 8/25/2011
    "Curtis gets my MVP vote, and his glove is far better than some models indicate. A true five tool player coming into his own.

Agon excels with a few tools himself, but I was never keen on giving MVP considerations to a guy who doesn't run out groundballs."

Huh?  I've seen two games in which Granderson didn't run-out hit balls.  Both games were with Detroit about three years ago, and they came in the same series.

The first was a Texas-Leaguer that dropped in right field.  He almost got thrown out at first; had he run from the onset, he would've been standing on second base

The second was a ground ball to SS that got bobbled and he still got thrown out at first.

He's a phenomenal player, one of my favorites.  But please don't post out of ignorance.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Granderson beats Agon to 100 RBI's. No easy task with the numbers Agon had at the mid season break.:
    [QUOTE]I'm doing great jete02 how are you?
    Posted by PhilTheAce[/QUOTE] i'm good thanks, hoping our boys can get a roll going starting tonight, then hit Beantown and at least compete this series..gotta wins some games against the Sox while keeping the Rays at arm's length..they've been playing some pretty good ball the last week or so..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

As of 8/26

Granderson 103 RBIs
    Gonzo  102 RBIs

Wanna place bets on who ends up with more?  The slump is over.  No more fooling around, Gonzo carries the Sox, the best hitting team in baseball, into the playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from *The-Babe*. Show *The-Babe*'s posts

[QUOTE]AGon has had these numbers for his career ... Granderson, nope.  Bautista, yes, for two years.    Does it mean that Bautista is using HGH?  No, it doesn't.  It is stupid to even suggest that. But Granderson definitley is The guy weighs 180 fully dressed ... no way he hits that many HRs with that skinny frame without doping.   HGH testing = the end for Granderson.  Better hope the union turns down the testing. 

Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

You mean like ellsbury?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moremo. Show moremo's posts

[QUOTE]

RBI by Gonzo ... ties Granderson at 103 .... bye bye Curtis.

Granderson takes two more lefties yard. Bye bye squared.

The kid now has 10 triples, 38 HR's, 107 RBI's, 121 runs scored, all stats that top Agon, three by a very impressive margin. All that production from Curtis despite the fact that he is putting far less balls into play as compared to the ever steady Agon. If you wish good things for good people, then it's quite easy to enjoy the season that both players have put together. It's near impossible to believe that a true baseball fan would not have knowledge of how authentically honest and decent Curtis Granderson is.

Real fans of baseball, both near and far, have to also respect the fact that Granderson has delivered all those impressive numbers of his with 49 less hits than a fellow MVP candidate.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

"The Sox, the best hitting team in baseball..."---soxmeister

"...no way he hits that many HRs with that skinny frame without doping.   HGH testing = the end for Granderson"---soxmeister
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Boston leads in BA (.279 to .270)

The Yankees lead in Runs, HRs, RBIs, BBs, SBs, OBP, OPS and the Yankees have played two fewer games.

I know you're excited that A gon has hit a few homers in Texas, but shouldn't he be doing that?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Problem with naming Verlander the MVP is that Weaver (15-6, 2.034 CG and 2 SHO and .97 WHIP) could still beat him out for the Cy Young award.  And if the Angels overtake Texas for 1st place, Weaver will have as much to do with that as anyone on that team.

Give the MVP to the best every day hitter.  As of today, I would give the nod to Bautista.  Hopefully by the end of September it will be indisputably AGon.  That would mean he raked the last 5 weeks of the season and the Sox win the division.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Granderson beats Agon to 100 RBI's. No easy task with the numbers Agon had at the mid season break. : I never said he wasn't having a great year, so are some other players and others aren't starting threads about them possibly being the best in the game even if they have done it more than once.  He has to do it again for the best stuff to be taken seriously.  Period.
    Posted by mikeyintheboogiedown[/QUOTE]

I just threw out a topic that was discussed on Dennis and Callahan... What's wrong with that?  This is a Red Sox forum.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Baustista.
    Ave: .314
    OBP: .454
    Slug: .649
    Home Runs: 37
    RBIs and Runs Bautista cannot control, he's the MVP in every definition, performance definitely, team performance, I think there's no arguing that Toronto is a below 500 team without him. You shouldn't have to wear a Sox, or Yankees jersey to win the MVP.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyintheboogiedown. Show mikeyintheboogiedown's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Granderson beats Agon to 100 RBI's. No easy task with the numbers Agon had at the mid season break. : He was a good player before this year and now this year he's developing into a great player.  Just accept that.

SPC people often use the "term" great a bit too much and you're known for blowing things out of proportion.  He has to do it more than once before you can be taken seriously, for now your "best" threads are just silly.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Granderson beats Agon to 100 RBI's. No easy task with the numbers Agon had at the mid season break.:
    [QUOTE]Curtis gets my MVP vote, and his glove is far better than some models indicate. A true five tool player coming into his own. Agon excels with a few tools himself, but I was never keen on giving MVP considerations to a guy who doesn't run out groundballs.
    Posted by moremo[/QUOTE]

Insignificant.   All I know is last night Coco Crisp laid the 'smackdown' on the Yanks  in such a way that would have made Judge Judy proud.  It may well have been the game that decides who wins the AL East.

MVP, HOF, CY Young, I couldn't give a hoot. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Granderson beats Agon to 100 RBI's. No easy task with the numbers Agon had at the mid season break. : Granderson is not an above average outfielder, sorry.  And his BA is not even close to Gonzos ... 70 points lower in fact.  Gonzo just added 3 RBIs ... and the game has not ended.  Granderson has played great.  Just not as valuable as Gonzo.   

You are of the minority opinion; sorry.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Granderson beats Agon to 100 RBI's. No easy task with the numbers Agon had at the mid season break. : You forgot that Granderson has more RBI's and a better SLG%....the difference in OPS is negligible. Last I checked the object of a batter is to generate runs. The fact that Granderson has generated 31 more runs than agon is huge.
    Posted by *The-Babe*[/QUOTE]

Yeah, 1 more RBI ... great point!!!!   But as I said, Gonzo is out of his slump.  5 HRs in the last 3 days.  You guys handed the award out too soon, change the name on it to "Gonzo".    You would be a fool to think Granderson will end up with more RBIs than Gonzo.   Gonzo will also have over 200 hits, he is at 181 already ... 50 more hits (!) than Granderson, and it is still August.

Granderson is one skinny dude.  Amazing he hits it so far.  Even the HGH usage doesn't explain that.  Els doesn't have nearly as many HRs as Granderson, but point taken.  How these guys with those frames crush the ball I will never understand. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Granderson beats Agon to 100 RBI's. No easy task with the numbers Agon had at the mid season break. : So are a lot of players. He has to do it more than once before all the talk of best in the game can even begin.
    Posted by mikeyintheboogiedown[/QUOTE]

He was a good player before this year and now this year he's developing into a great player.  Just accept that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Hey, Grandy is having a stellar year.  And I certainly think Verlander is having the sort of season in which you can easily give the MVP to a pitcher.  I am fine if either of these guys get the award over Adrian.  Just as long as Adrian is putting on a Red Sox uniform every night.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Granderson beats Agon to 100 RBI's. No easy task with the numbers Agon had at the mid season break.:
    [QUOTE]Curtis gets my MVP vote, and his glove is far better than some models indicate. A true five tool player coming into his own. Agon excels with a few tools himself, but I was never keen on giving MVP considerations to a guy who doesn't run out groundballs.
    Posted by moremo[/QUOTE]

Curtis is having a good year but if Agon ends up with more RBI's and the batting trophy he wins the MVP.  Switching teams and leagues for the first time and accomplishing this is more deserving. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyintheboogiedown. Show mikeyintheboogiedown's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Granderson beats Agon to 100 RBI's. No easy task with the numbers Agon had at the mid season break. : A 270 hitter mvp hahahaha get real
    Posted by bnoaton[/QUOTE]
    I'm not saying he will or won't win but thats happened, I don't know what you're laughing at.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]1. Bautista (hgh?) 2. Granderson (hgh?) 3. AGon
    Posted by S0ftl@w[/QUOTE]
    Really? All good players are not necessarily on HGH. Way to be a petty name-caller.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyintheboogiedown. Show mikeyintheboogiedown's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Granderson beats Agon to 100 RBI's. No easy task with the numbers Agon had at the mid season break. : Ummm... no.

I figured that would be the next thread after your best player in the game thread, silly thread.  Hes having a good year, let him do it more than once.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

[QUOTE]Granderson made some significant changes in his batting stance.  I highly doubt there are any PED's involved in his improvement.  He's always had this potential.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Yes. CGran is having his career year.  However he won't be MVP if he does not hit over .300.  He need some hitting streak in September to reach .300 mark.  I rarely see MVP who hits under .300.  He strikes out alot at the plate.  He does not walk that many.  He should finish in 2nd or 3rd in MVP voting.  MVP this year should go to Jacoby Ells.  with his OPS, much improved power, speed, defense, much better hitting avg., he should win the award.  Unless he goes into deep slump in September.

Voting result should be...

1. Jacoby Ells

2. Jose Bautista

3. CGran

4. Justin Verlander

5. Agon

Any disagreememt?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]Watched a few more replays of that 3 run rocket shot from Granderson last night? That was a thing of beauty, and off another leftie. Granderson has gone yard 15 times against lefties this year. Agon has a total of 2 against southpaws. That said, there are no goofy arms in the Yankees rotation. Damn, where's Andy Pettitte when you need him? Granderson had 84 x-basehits in 2007, when he hit .302. He has averaged 25 HR's in the 4 seasons prior to 2011, years where he had far less success against lefties. To date this season he has 68 extra base hits. Considering his alterations at the plate that have given much improved success against lefties, his numbers are in line with his past efforts.  Curtis has crossed the plate 121 times to date, which leaves him but 22 shy of matching Arod's total of 143 runs scored in 2007, easily the top number over the course of the last decade. Had your morning coffee yet Jim? And your contributions to this thread are beyond weak, so go elsewhere.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
    Posted by moremo[/QUOTE]

What does that mean?  Morning Coffee?  Whatever.  I still don't get the point.  I have always been a Granderson fan.  I'm glad he is having a great season and if he wins the MVP, I guess that would make you very happy also.  This would also make sense on the NY Post forum, I guess.  While I have been on that forum I can assure you that I didn't quote stat after stat of Pedroia's MVP campaign to those folks because they would not have really cared.  I guess you think that Sox fans want to have a game by game blow of what the GrandyMan does.  If that is your quest, have at it.  BTW Moremo, you telling me to go away really cuts deep. Or, maybe not.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"1. Bautista (hgh?)
    2. Granderson (hgh?)
    3. AGon"

LMFAO Softy one of the funniest things you've posted ever, way to undermine the MVPs...by the way can you remind us why AGon is not on your HGH list?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Granderson beats Agon to 100 RBI's. No easy task with the numbers Agon had at the mid season break. : Exactly.
    Posted by PhilTheAce[/QUOTE]hey PTA, how the heck are ya?...long time..