1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Happy birthday Melky

Yankmesteins' thread is actually interesting to Sox fans to a degree:  Was it the right thing for the Yanks to do to give up on Melky so soon, when he is suddenly blossoming into a mighty fine hitter?  Its fun to muse upon potential mistakes the Yankee organization makes, no?

FWIW, IMO, (LOL), it was tough to tell with Melky.  He always showed just enough potential to have value, but, he just never quite got his thang together in the Bronx.  I am surprised he is hitting so well for KC this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

If we are going to Yanks personnel decisions on a Sox board, then I would like to say I find it ironic and sweet that Ian Kennedy may end up being the best pitcher of the big 3(Kennedy, Hughes, Chamberlain)....based on that decision, Yanks have a good chance of trading away the best of Betances, Banuelos and Brackman and the other two will end up busts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

The Yankees gain a game in a half in the past 2 days so Yankeestein comes trotting out of the woodworks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

And why do we care about this?

I don't agree with Kim's nonsense about making all of the yankee fans wear Stars of David on their clothes "identify themselves", but this thread would be better served on a yankee forum.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Re: Happy birthday Melky:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy birthday Melky : I apologize for going off-topic here, but I figured since there are 18 threads about a giant lizard running for president that there might be some latitude's for discussions on this board.
    Posted by Yankenstein2[/QUOTE]

A b-day is basis for a "discussion"?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy birthday Melky : I think your avatar leaves little doubt which side of the fence you are on. You are a credit to your fan base.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

Thanks, and only recently changed it based on Kim's accusations that I was hiding my fandom intentionally, after which our heroic board crusader fell silent on the subject. Actually, I can't win, I used to have this avatar; but removed it based on harness's request. When she accused me of deception, even attacking my username in this regard (which I've used often for the past 20 yrs, partly because I live in nh), I decided harness shall just have to get over it. Note: Harness asked me over a yr ago to use a Bosox cap as penance based on Burrito's penitience thread (arguably his best board contribution); I then changed it to neutral a few months back based on Kim's request (I changed it to a pyschedlic flavored avatar). Now she'll just have to rant on something else, which I'm sure won't be hard for her.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

What did the Yankees get back for Melky?  Ah yes, our old friend J. Vazquez.  How does Cashman get away with this stuff?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

trust me Tom, i was definitely upset that they gave up on IPK, granted at times he didn't make it easy, often bristling at the suggestion he didn't pitch well during an obvious(to others) horrid start...but all in all i liked him and wanted the Yanks to stick by him...fortunately for him he landed in a good situation..i'll always support him...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]And why do we care about this? I don't agree with Kim's nonsense about making all of the yankee fans wear Stars of David on their clothes "identify themselves", but this thread would be better served on a yankee forum.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

What's funny is, she doesn't really identify herself either, (is that a Red Sox flower?), that is, until you start reading one of her vitriolic tirades.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

but anyway...Happy B-Day to the Melk-Man...Edit...i still feel he was scapegoated for Robbie's previous nonchalance towards the game..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

You were probably in the minority at the time Jete.....too many baseball fans are swayed by the Radar gun and not the total pitching package....he seems like a good kid and you have to give him credit for continuing to perservere and making himslef inot a succesful ML pitcher

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxforlife22. Show soxforlife22's posts

This is a red sox board. You know that right?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy birthday Melky : What's funny is, she doesn't really identify herself either, (is that a Red Sox flower?), that is, until you start reading one of her vitriolic tirades.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

I think your avatar leaves little doubt which side of the fence you are on. You are a credit to your fan base. Wink

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy birthday Melky :   Doing your best Kim inpersonation here.
    Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]

Trying to discourage posters from commenting on their own board Yankee fan who refuses to identify himself?  I wish there were more posters who would start to question the influence Yankee fans have on what's acceptable on this board.

This thread doesn't belong here, and the funny thing is, I couldn't even see his post initially because for whatever reason, I put this guy on ignore so long ago I didn't even remember. lol  And I didn't know I had anyone on ignore. That should tell you something about him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]but anyway...Happy B-Day to the Melk-Man...Edit...i still feel he was scapegoated for Robbie's previous nonchalance towards the game..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

I think your conjecture is spot on.

by the by, that barehanded play Robbie made last night was sweeeeeet.  There was a trace of non-chalance in it, as there always is when he makes hi-lite reel plays.  So smooth.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I am what I am.

As for Melky - I am not so sure he can translate these numbers back in NYC.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy birthday Melky :   Doing your best Kim inpersonation here.
    Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]

Has nothing to do with Kim. A happy birthday to a FORMER Yankee parlaying into a question about what the Yanks should do in the offseason?

Yeah, not the place for it.

THere's this other board, on THIS SITE, called "fans of other teams." Have fun.