1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

How about them A's!

Anyone?  Hello?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: How about them A's!

Nada.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

As I asked back in April, How about them A's?  As usual I was right.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

On March 28, the Athletics lost their season opener 3-1 to the Seattle Mariners in Tokyo.

On April 19, the Athletics won their third straight, 4-2 over the Los Angeles Angels, to move to 7-7 on the year.

How about that?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The A's and O's will return to about .500 baseball by the end of September.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

or where the Sox are in July

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

They don't have an Ellsbury and Papi returning to their teams.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Neither do the Sox in 2013...:-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Perhaps, but if Papi walks, we'll have $15M for someone else.

Trading Ellsbury makes some sense, but it would be to a contender for top prospects. If we are not giving up on this year, that would mean a third team would have to be involved to get the prospects from the other contender, and then we get a player who fills a need for us, hopefull beyond 2013.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: How about them A's!:
    [QUOTE]Trading Ellsbury makes some sense, but it would be to a contender for top prospects. Ellsbury is already worth Type A Comensation. To trade him for Type A compensation makes no sense. Ellsbury should be traded with a pool of young talent for a MLB star player the farm has not produced.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]

He has butcher feet and clumsy hands.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Ellsbury, last of the American Indians

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]Trading Ellsbury makes some sense, but it would be to a contender for top prospects. Ellsbury is already worth Type A Comensation. To trade him for Type A compensation makes no sense. Ellsbury should be traded with a pool of young talent for a MLB star player the farm has not produced.
    That assumes Jacoby Ellsbury's team makes a qualifying offer of about $12.5 million and that Ellsbury declines.

According to the WAR salary conversion, Ellsbury has been worth at least $12.5 million in only two of his six MLB seasons:

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=4727&position=OF

If 2012-13 resemble 2009-10 more than 2008 and 2011, a team might be reluctant to make the qualifying offer to a 30-year-old Jacoby Ellsbury.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How about them A's! : That assumes Jacoby Ellsbury's team makes a qualifying offer of about $12.5 million and that Ellsbury declines. According to the WAR salary conversion, Ellsbury has been worth at least $12.5 million in only two of his six MLB seasons: http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=4727&position=OF If 2012-13 resemble 2009-10 more than 2008 and 2011, a team might be reluctant to make the qualifying offer to a 30-year-old Jacoby Ellsbury.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

Yes, softy pretends he knows all about MLB, but the rules have changed.

Also, we need to trade him before next year starts for any chance to get comp picks.

Trading Ellsbury for prospects will probably net us better prospects than the possible comp picks. Those prospects could be dealt for a player with longer team control than Jacoby and who plays a position we need going forward more than OF.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

That sort of makes sense until you tell us the MLB star player is Justin Upton, who right now only hopes to be a star players.  Oh, and the star player you claim the farm has not produced is Jacoby Ellsbury who last year probably had the best single season as centerfielder in Boston Red Sox history. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]Oh, and the star player you claim the farm has not produced is Jacoby Ellsbury who last year probably had the best single season as centerfielder in Boston Red Sox history.   No probably about it, both the falsity of your qualified claim "as CF'er" and my claim that the farm has failed to produce the RH OF"er that has resulted in the absuridy of playing two goldbrickers named Ellsbury and Crawford, a total of 30 million a year. Lynn was superior in 1975, while Speaker is the best CF'er in MLB history, just to name a few. No average baseball fan in Erstad's generation will remember him, nor will anyone remember goldbrick Ellsbury when his career is over.  

You go girl!  Pleeeeeeeease tell us some scary stories about his reverse pivot swing!!!!!

I could listen to you sing the same song for days on end, as you are want to do.  Forget that, you could sing the wrong words for a year straight, & we'd all hang on every repetitious word!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Once we trade Jake, who will softy's next target?

We know he hates CC, but if he became the next Jake, softy would have to call himself a racist.

We know he hates Lackey, but bringing up his post signing remarks abour being ÖK with the signing, especially with the injury clause included" would be problematic, although full-fledged denialsand flip-flops have not been a problem for the Trotskite.

We know he hates Aviles, but Mike will probably be our utility IFér next year, and as with Jed, there's just not enough interest to generate discussion, although softy did a pretty good job with hundreds of Wake-bashing threads started over the last few years.

We know he hates Ross, because he bashed me for supporting us getting him this past winter, and woe and behold the time softy ever admits he was wrong, let alone that someone else was right.

We know he hates Beckett. We know he hated " ïnEpstien"and now has transfered that hate to Ben. We know he hated fully one-third of our team last year and the year before, but my money goes with...

We know he hates Salty, and he's the next softy target.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Does anybody remember when softy was accusing RS fans of hating Crawford for racial reasons???

Telling???

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]Does anybody remember when softy was accusing RS fans of hating Crawford for racial reasons??? Telling???
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

I was one of Bill Hall's greatest supporters on this site, but when I started a thread on Jed leading the team in Slg% at one point last year, softy called me a racist for showing him that Jed had about the same HR rate as Bill.

He called me a racist for saying that Lugo "was a bust". (It doesn't matter that I married a Mexican woman. I just did that to satisfy some "liberal need to atone for America's past sins".)

softy has made several racial comments about Jake's heritage.
    softy made several anti-semetic comments, including against fivekatz.
    softy claims anyone being even slightly critical of a black player is a racist, that's why he never criticizes CC, instead, he criticizes InEpstien for signing him-never CC directly.

The one thing I never understood, was softy's fierce devotion for JD Drew, even though he went to a liberal indoctrination camp..., I mean FSU.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

moon, you are a racist. first of all, you denigrate the Earth by using "moon" in your avatar, and then you have this thing against Slavs and Slaves, not to mention you insult the 1960s with the "59"....damn racist. Also you fiercely defended white guys in Varitek, Wakefield, but you turned right around and criticized the "soft"est player quite possibly in Sox history--CC. Also you're posting on Mondays...sorry, that's a no-no.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmm21. Show gmm21's posts

Yeah how about dem A's - Reddick, Moss, Crisp, all former Sox hands making an impact with the A's.

.500 by the end of the year? you all could be right, but this A's team has an outstanding Pitching staff. In addition to that, they hit HR's, and Cespedus has been a huge lift for this team.

Lets see I predict A's make the play offs this year and you can take that to the bank. If they don't, I'll eat Crow in September.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

You mean the winner of the AL West? What about them?