How long before Montero is called up by the Yanks to play DH?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Re: How long before Montero is called up by the Yanks to play DH?

Moderator: Please remove tis thread to the MLB forum since it is about the Yankee roster.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Ugh I released him from my fantasy team two weeks ago - partly because he was on the DL and partly just because he was a Yankee.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: How long before Montero is called up by the Yanks to play DH?:
    [QUOTE]How long before Wakefield retires?
    Posted by majorleague[/QUOTE]

when you stop beating that horse he probably will..Until then I will enjoy him tourturing you with his presence...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

In Response to Re: How long before Montero is called up by the Yanks to play DH?:
    [QUOTE]greetings boomer I guess you are suggesting that they give up on the kid being a catcher I think it's a tad early 4 that it's rare that the yanks even have a FT DH normally they rotate the other guys giving them a 1/2 day off I'm sure you are right about them talking about it but I'm thinking it's a panic move then again it's hard to argue that  the offence couldn't use a spark but I'm hoping we don't see him until there is an catching injury
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

That's right Zac, and for this reason I see no point in rushing - would be an interesting move, though.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

He's still extremely young. He can still work on his catching development and he's probably a couple years away from being ready for that anyway in all honesty. He still stinks defensively. They don't need him as a catcher right now anyway with Martin doing so well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

As I think the 32 bit version of Zac implied, the source of yesterday's controversy may well have been a discussion of Montero's readiness to contribute as DH on this team. Posada is under pressure and he knows it. It's probably impacting him and the Yanks are not playing well, not hitting as expected and not winning right now. They have lost this Redsox series and it's hitting the fan in terms of pressure in NY.

If the Redsox win today I think Montero will be in Tampa Monday. I don't know what they will do of course but I doubt if they cut Posada and his 13 mil salary. They will do something though unless they start winning again soon. Very soon. A DL stint for Posada? I'd bring Montero up today!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

greetings boomer

I guess you are suggesting that they give up on the kid being a catcher

I think it's a tad early 4 that

it's rare that the yanks even have a FT DH normally they rotate

the other guys giving them a 1/2 day off

I'm sure you are right about them talking about it

but I'm thinking it's a panic move

then again it's hard to argue that  the offence couldn't use a spark

but I'm hoping we don't see him until there is an catching injury

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

How long before Montero is called up by the Yanks to play DH?

The guy is one of the top hitting prospects in baseball, is an ideal DH and is hitting .330 in AAA ball. Posado is hitting like .160 as the Yanks current DH and now it does appear that some discussions are happening about something!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

For better or worse the Yanks are largely influenced by fan demands. They are going to want Montero and I would contend that Montero is still the best choice anyway. He can help this team right now and develop his hitting at the mlb level with regular DH AB. Vasquez may be the choice but I would just go with Montero right now and DL Posada. Give it 2 weeks and see what happens. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Tomorrow. Who else is going to DH if Posada won't?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

So it is OK for me to flood the forum with multiple threads about Yankee matters. How about another twenty threads about Tampa Bay players? In the past Dottie has moved such threads out of here. What is your agenda?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Posado does have 6 more HR than both of our pitchers put together. It would be great if he got released and the Yanks were paying his salary to play for us!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

In Response to How long before Montero is called up by the Yanks to play DH?:
    [QUOTE]The guy is one of the top hitting prospects in baseball, is an ideal DH and is hitting .330 in AAA ball. Posado is hitting like .160 as the Yanks current DH and now it does appear that some discussions are happening about something!
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]
    ===================================
      You should`ve included a "who cares" vote.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

How long before Wakefield retires?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

The Yankees have Jorge Vasquez leading the IL in HRs with 14.  He's a 29-year-old veteran of the Mexican leagues, and would seem like a better choice to DH than Montero, who despite his high average, has only a .802 OPS, and was completely over-matched in spring training.  I don't think Montero would jump in and contribute right away.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

It impacts us. It was started by a Redsox fan. It is salient.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

BFD. Have it your way. I've probably posted one Yankee related post in 6 months.