1. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time

In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time:
    In Response to It's official; Jeter best of all time : your moniker says it all. fyi, NY residents tend to be on the DUMB side; this is more proof.
    Posted by GARCIA1

In deference to my moniker; my tongue was planted firmly in cheek.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to It's official; Jeter best of all time : your moniker says it all. fyi, NY residents tend to be on the DUMB side; this is more proof.
    Posted by GARCIA1

Garcia - I take serious offense to your comment.

As to the Jeter vote - if the poll that was taken was mostly  20 -30 year olds, then I can see why Jeter took a majority of the votes. That is the world we live in today.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GARCIA1. Show GARCIA1's posts

In Response to It's official; Jeter best of all time:
    According to the NY Post, the empire state residents have voted Derek Jeter as the greatest athlete in New York history. (over Mantle, Ruth, Joe D, Namath, The Duke, et al).  This would appear to make him the greatest athlete of all time, would it not?
    Posted by piersall

your moniker says it all. fyi, NY residents tend to be on the DUMB side; this is more proof.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Garcia - I have never seen you make such comments and am somewhat surprised by it. You want to bust on Yankee fans, go for it. But do not even think about questioning the intelligence of NYer's in general. It just makes you look ridiculous.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Wait twenty years and take the poll again. Jeter's riding a wave of popularity since he is currently playing. He been a real good ballplayer, but there is no way he's better than Ruth, or Mantle.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GARCIA1. Show GARCIA1's posts

In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time : I beg your pardon? Who the h--- are you. You little twirp. You want a piece of me? Meet me at lunch hour behind Taco Bell's on East 45th. I'll kick your azz into the East River. www.fangraphs.com/not/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Crane-Kick.jpg " alt="" width="400" height="316" />
    Posted by Soxchemistry

if i'm not there, please start w/o me.
    btw, i'm not a female or an 80 year old man, so you may want to re-think your statement.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Jeter was born in NJ...  grew up in Michigan.  I think this disqualifies him as the greatest NY athelete of all time.

But seriously...  People tend to live in the "what have you done for me lately" state of mind.  Jeter over Ruth, Gehrig or Mantle as greatest Yankee of all time is a joke.  He's not even the greatest Yankee on his present team...  that accolade goes to Mo Rivera.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Clyde Frazier gets my vote  ...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Wait twenty years and take the poll again. Jeter's riding a wave of popularity since he is currently playing. He been a real good ballplayer, but there is no way he's better than Ruth, or Mantle.
    Posted by MikeNagy

Which is why polls are useless. if we were to poll today's youth, they would probably vote Justin Dribbler over the Beatles as the greatest musical entity of all-time. Who the f'k cares about polls?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Yeah, Garcia, you mess with one of us, you mess with ALL of us!!  I'll be at Taco Bell too.  And, FWIW, I am both an 80 year old man AND a female, so I am gung ho on this.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GARCIA1. Show GARCIA1's posts

In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time : Which is why polls are useless. if we were to poll today's youth, they would probably vote Justin Dribbler over the Beatles as the greatest musical entity of all-time. Who the f'k cares about polls?
    Posted by jesseyeric

jesseyeric,

being POLISH, i take offense to that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

It's official; Jeter best of all time

According to the NY Post, the empire state residents have voted Derek Jeter as the greatest athlete in New York history. (over Mantle, Ruth, Joe D, Namath, The Duke, et al).  This would appear to make him the greatest athlete of all time, would it not?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChrisHouse. Show ChrisHouse's posts

In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time : It is spelled CHARDONNAY. You can take the boy out of the country but you can't take the country out of the boy.
    Posted by Dangerfeld

You can dress up Garcia but you can't take him out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GARCIA1. Show GARCIA1's posts

In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time : I understand you have difficulty with reading comprehension so let me help you out. Not one poster agreed with the poll.
    Posted by Babeinsawxland

he suffers from SOCK-FACE disease.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babeinsawxland. Show Babeinsawxland's posts

In Response to It's official; Jeter best of all time : well the first thing that's wrong with your post is that it came from the NY Post which just about every intelligent new yorker uses to line the bottom of their bird cages. also, the empire state residents that voted are between the ages of 8 - 16. sorry to say but jetes has one helluva long line in front of him in that respect.

Posted by Hammah29r2

It was actually a poll taken by Siena College Research Institute, not the NY Post.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2011/03/16/2011-03-16_derek_jeter_tops_babe_ruth_as_new_yorks_alltime_greatest_athlete_in_siena_colleg.html

They must have polled people born in 1986 or later.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time : A troll does more than just to illicit responses. You need to look up the definition again. Google internet trolls and you will see a detailed definition.
    Posted by losmediasloco

Googling "troll" is a conundrum in it self...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babeinsawxland. Show Babeinsawxland's posts

Don't care at all about this Siena, NY Post, Hung Far Low or whatever poll. Why? Clearly the result is incorrect on so many levels, the demographics of the respondents and or how the question was specifically posed led to Jeter. Jeter better than Mantle, than Dimaggio, than Ruth, than Gehrig? No way, no how. And those are just the Yankees, if I did the research, and I would never research New York for anything, there are many other atheletes playing for New York amateur teams that are better than Jeter, plus Giants, Knicks, Rangers, Dodgers, Giants....C'mon Man, if you agree with the poll you are disrespecting some very good athletes.

Posted by sindarin-erebor

I understand you have difficulty with reading comprehension so let me help you out.

Not one poster agreed with the poll.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GARCIA1. Show GARCIA1's posts

In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time : It is spelled CHARDONNAY. You can take the boy out of the country but you can't take the country out of the boy.
    Posted by Dangerfeld

thanks dangerbreath,

i didn't like it enough to check the spelling.
    also, you sure know how to ruin a good time. esad!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GARCIA1. Show GARCIA1's posts

In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time :   The 80 year old man in me would have puked from the Fever Pitch viewing, and the female in my would have puked from the wine.  I'm glad that date never happened between us.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

actually, it was very good chardanay, with no oak.
    she told me oak gives her a headache.  i mean, c'mon, i paid $10.00/bottle for that stuff.
    as for FEVER PITCH, that was the best baseball movie JIMMY FALLON was ever in.
    and remember, NEVER is a long time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time : It was actually a poll taken by Siena College Research Institute, not the NY Post. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2011/03/16/2011-03-16_derek_jeter_tops_babe_ruth_as_new_yorks_alltime_greatest_athlete_in_siena_colleg.html They must have polled people born in 1986 or later.
    Posted by Babeinsawxland

Maybe the respondants thought the poll was about best mansion of all time.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pppggg. Show pppggg's posts

In Response to It's official; Jeter best of all time:
    Posted by piersall

This poll comfirms that NY fans are as dumb as I thought they were.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time : no, i would have broken up with you 1st; i mean, c'mon, you're an 80 year old man and a female. i wish you both only the best.
    Posted by GARCIA1

The 80 year old man in me would have puked from the Fever Pitch viewing, and the female in my would have puked from the wine.  I'm glad that date never happened between us.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasloco. Show losmediasloco's posts

In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time : It has just dawned on me you look to illicit responses; they call this ... a troll.
    Posted by nhsteven

A troll does more than just to illicit responses. You need to look up the definition again. Google internet trolls and you will see a detailed definition.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GARCIA1. Show GARCIA1's posts

In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time : Fever Pitch and a lot of wine sounds like a recipe for a hugging-the-toilet session and subsequent break-up ... i would have broken up with you
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

no, i would have broken up with you 1st; i mean, c'mon, you're an 80 year old man and a female. i wish you both only the best.

Sections
Shortcuts