1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GARCIA1. Show GARCIA1's posts

Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time

In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time : Which is why polls are useless. if we were to poll today's youth, they would probably vote Justin Dribbler over the Beatles as the greatest musical entity of all-time. Who the f'k cares about polls?
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

jesseyeric,

being POLISH, i take offense to that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to It's official; Jeter best of all time : your moniker says it all. fyi, NY residents tend to be on the DUMB side; this is more proof.
    Posted by GARCIA1[/QUOTE]

Garcia - I take serious offense to your comment.

As to the Jeter vote - if the poll that was taken was mostly  20 -30 year olds, then I can see why Jeter took a majority of the votes. That is the world we live in today.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GARCIA1. Show GARCIA1's posts

In Response to It's official; Jeter best of all time:
    [QUOTE]According to the NY Post, the empire state residents have voted Derek Jeter as the greatest athlete in New York history. (over Mantle, Ruth, Joe D, Namath, The Duke, et al).  This would appear to make him the greatest athlete of all time, would it not?
    Posted by piersall[/QUOTE]

your moniker says it all. fyi, NY residents tend to be on the DUMB side; this is more proof.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Wait twenty years and take the poll again. Jeter's riding a wave of popularity since he is currently playing. He been a real good ballplayer, but there is no way he's better than Ruth, or Mantle.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GARCIA1. Show GARCIA1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time : I beg your pardon? Who the h--- are you. You little twirp. You want a piece of me? Meet me at lunch hour behind Taco Bell's on East 45th. I'll kick your azz into the East River. www.fangraphs.com/not/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Crane-Kick.jpg " alt="" width="400" height="316" />
    Posted by Soxchemistry[/QUOTE]

if i'm not there, please start w/o me.
    btw, i'm not a female or an 80 year old man, so you may want to re-think your statement.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

It's official; Jeter best of all time

According to the NY Post, the empire state residents have voted Derek Jeter as the greatest athlete in New York history. (over Mantle, Ruth, Joe D, Namath, The Duke, et al).  This would appear to make him the greatest athlete of all time, would it not?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Garcia - I have never seen you make such comments and am somewhat surprised by it. You want to bust on Yankee fans, go for it. But do not even think about questioning the intelligence of NYer's in general. It just makes you look ridiculous.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to It's official; Jeter best of all time : your moniker says it all. fyi, NY residents tend to be on the DUMB side; this is more proof.

In deference to my moniker; my tongue was planted firmly in cheek.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Jeter was born in NJ...  grew up in Michigan.  I think this disqualifies him as the greatest NY athelete of all time.

But seriously...  People tend to live in the "what have you done for me lately" state of mind.  Jeter over Ruth, Gehrig or Mantle as greatest Yankee of all time is a joke.  He's not even the greatest Yankee on his present team...  that accolade goes to Mo Rivera.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Clyde Frazier gets my vote  ...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Wait twenty years and take the poll again. Jeter's riding a wave of popularity since he is currently playing. He been a real good ballplayer, but there is no way he's better than Ruth, or Mantle.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

Which is why polls are useless. if we were to poll today's youth, they would probably vote Justin Dribbler over the Beatles as the greatest musical entity of all-time. Who the f'k cares about polls?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Yeah, Garcia, you mess with one of us, you mess with ALL of us!!  I'll be at Taco Bell too.  And, FWIW, I am both an 80 year old man AND a female, so I am gung ho on this.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time :  hung lo
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Yo Space! I think I met your brothah,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, One!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

Is HUNG FAR LOW  just down the street from SUM BUM CHOW ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dangerfeld. Show Dangerfeld's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time : actually, it was very good chardanay, with no oak. she told me oak gives her a headache.  i mean, c'mon, i paid $10.00/bottle for that stuff. as for FEVER PITCH, that was the best baseball movie JIMMY FALLON was ever in. and remember, NEVER is a long time.

It is spelled CHARDONNAY.

You can take the boy out of the country but you can't take the country out of the boy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time : A troll does more than just to illicit responses. You need to look up the definition again. Google internet trolls and you will see a detailed definition.
    Posted by losmediasloco[/QUOTE]

I didn't think I needed to explain the rest.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

Gee, I wonder if GreatestNYY voted in that poll.  He seems like part of the core demographic. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time : you have my sympathies. btw, new york isn't any dumber than the rest of the country. funny, when i said NY, you and jessey just assumed i was speaking of the city. the sheer arrogance. no, i was referring to the whole state. i live in upstate NY, which is loaded with yankee fans. they hate me and i hate them. however, i did convert a female yankee fan into a SOX fan. i had her watch FEVER PITCH and fed her a lot of wine; also, gave her one of my unworn SOX caps. in other words, i'm making the world a better place. one person at a time.

It has just dawned on me you look to illicit responses; they call this ... a troll.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Wait, didn't Mark Messier already win this?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

[QUOTE]I am both an 80 year old man AND a female, so I am gung ho on this.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

gung ho or hung go?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Clyde Frazier gets my vote  ...
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

I agree on your choice.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time : gung ho or hung go?
    Posted by CTJake14[/QUOTE]
     hung lo

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time : I beg your pardon? Who the h--- are you. You little twirp. You want a piece of me? Meet me at lunch hour behind Taco Bell's on East 45th. I'll kick your azz into the East River. www.fangraphs.com/not/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Crane-Kick.jpg " alt="" width="400" height="316" />
    Posted by Soxchemistry[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, the hit & run poster who disappears when discredited. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to It's official; Jeter best of all time:
    [QUOTE]According to the NY Post, the empire state residents have voted Derek Jeter as the greatest athlete in New York history. (over Mantle, Ruth, Joe D, Namath, The Duke, et al).  This would appear to make him the greatest athlete of all time, would it not?
    Posted by piersall[/QUOTE]

well the first thing that's wrong with your post is that it came from the NY Post which just about every intelligent new yorker uses to line the bottom of their bird cages. also, the empire state residents that voted are between the ages of 8 - 16.
    sorry to say but jetes has one helluva long line in front of him in that respect.

Sections
Shortcuts