1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time

Don't care at all about this Siena, NY Post, Hung Far Low or whatever poll. Why? Clearly the result is incorrect on so many levels, the demographics of the respondents and or how the question was specifically posed led to Jeter. Jeter better than Mantle, than Dimaggio, than Ruth, than Gehrig? No way, no how. And those are just the Yankees, if I did the research, and I would never research New York for anything, there are many other atheletes playing for New York amateur teams that are better than Jeter, plus Giants, Knicks, Rangers, Dodgers, Giants....C'mon Man, if you agree with the poll you are disrespecting some very good athletes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

Is HUNG FAR LOW  just down the street from SUM BUM CHOW ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dangerfeld. Show Dangerfeld's posts

In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time:
    In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time : actually, it was very good chardanay, with no oak. she told me oak gives her a headache.  i mean, c'mon, i paid $10.00/bottle for that stuff. as for FEVER PITCH, that was the best baseball movie JIMMY FALLON was ever in. and remember, NEVER is a long time.
    Posted by GARCIA1

It is spelled CHARDONNAY.

You can take the boy out of the country but you can't take the country out of the boy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time : A troll does more than just to illicit responses. You need to look up the definition again. Google internet trolls and you will see a detailed definition.
    Posted by losmediasloco

I didn't think I needed to explain the rest.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Wait, didn't Mark Messier already win this?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

I am both an 80 year old man AND a female, so I am gung ho on this.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

gung ho or hung go?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Clyde Frazier gets my vote  ...
    Posted by soxmeister

I agree on your choice.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to It's official; Jeter best of all time:
    According to the NY Post, the empire state residents have voted Derek Jeter as the greatest athlete in New York history. (over Mantle, Ruth, Joe D, Namath, The Duke, et al).  This would appear to make him the greatest athlete of all time, would it not?
    Posted by piersall

well the first thing that's wrong with your post is that it came from the NY Post which just about every intelligent new yorker uses to line the bottom of their bird cages. also, the empire state residents that voted are between the ages of 8 - 16.
    sorry to say but jetes has one helluva long line in front of him in that respect.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

Gee, I wonder if GreatestNYY voted in that poll.  He seems like part of the core demographic. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time : you have my sympathies. btw, new york isn't any dumber than the rest of the country. funny, when i said NY, you and jessey just assumed i was speaking of the city. the sheer arrogance. no, i was referring to the whole state. i live in upstate NY, which is loaded with yankee fans. they hate me and i hate them. however, i did convert a female yankee fan into a SOX fan. i had her watch FEVER PITCH and fed her a lot of wine; also, gave her one of my unworn SOX caps. in other words, i'm making the world a better place. one person at a time.
    Posted by GARCIA1

Fever Pitch and a lot of wine sounds like a recipe for a hugging-the-toilet session and subsequent break-up ... i would have broken up with you

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time : you have my sympathies. btw, new york isn't any dumber than the rest of the country. funny, when i said NY, you and jessey just assumed i was speaking of the city. the sheer arrogance. no, i was referring to the whole state. i live in upstate NY, which is loaded with yankee fans. they hate me and i hate them. however, i did convert a female yankee fan into a SOX fan. i had her watch FEVER PITCH and fed her a lot of wine; also, gave her one of my unworn SOX caps. in other words, i'm making the world a better place. one person at a time.
    Posted by GARCIA1

It has just dawned on me you look to illicit responses; they call this ... a troll.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GARCIA1. Show GARCIA1's posts

Yeah, Garcia, you mess with one of us, you mess with ALL of us!!  I'll be at Taco Bell too.  And, FWIW, I am both an 80 year old man AND a female, so I am gung ho on this.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

you have my sympathies.
    btw, new york isn't any dumber than the rest of the country.
    funny, when i said NY, you and jessey just assumed i was speaking of the city.
    the sheer arrogance. no, i was referring to the whole state. i live in upstate NY, which is loaded with yankee fans. they hate me and i hate them.
    however, i did convert a female yankee fan into a SOX fan. i had her watch FEVER PITCH and fed her a lot of wine; also, gave her one of my unworn SOX caps.
    in other words, i'm making the world a better place. one person at a time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time :  hung lo
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

It's a nice place

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Never had a problem with Jeter as a player, one of the All-Time best "professional"...but player...I dont think so...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time : gung ho or hung go?
    Posted by CTJake14

hung lo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time :  hung lo
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Yo Space! I think I met your brothah,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, One!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Babe Ruth and the Iron Horse are the top two NY pro athletes of all time IMO.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time : I beg your pardon? Who the h--- are you. You little twirp. You want a piece of me? Meet me at lunch hour behind Taco Bell's on East 45th. I'll kick your azz into the East River. www.fangraphs.com/not/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Crane-Kick.jpg " alt="" width="400" height="316" />
    Posted by Soxchemistry

Ah yes, the hit & run poster who disappears when discredited. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

One thing for sure--Derek Jeter dates the hottest women.  

20. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts