1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Pull the pitcher Fran-coma!

I'm listening to the game last night in New Mexico through mlb feed.  Wakefield's got nothing hopping, no movement whatsover according Joe C. & Co, is getting shelled (5 or 6 straight hits) but we've still got a slim lead.  Get him out of there! I yell.  No.  'Coma waits for the grand-slam and a 4-run deficit before taking the obvious action but by then it's far too late.  You gotta wonder.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Re: Pull the pitcher Fran-coma!

In Response to Pull the pitcher Fran-coma!:
    I'm listening to the game last night in New Mexico through mlb feed.  Wakefield's got nothing hopping, no movement whatsover according Joe C. & Co, is getting shelled (5 or 6 straight hits) but we've still got a slim lead.  Get him out of there! I yell.  No.  'Coma waits for the grand-slam and a 4-run deficit before taking the obvious action but by then it's far too late.  You gotta wonder.
    Posted by soxnewmex

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Posted by soxnewmex

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Well, I was watching the game (also on MLB.com) last night, as well as the night before when Dice K was walking every other hitter. I can tell you, that neither "had it" from the first pitch on. If I can say to abuddy who was watching the game with me, "this is going to be a bad night", right from the word GO, then why can't Terry.

By the way, Terry, except for never bunting, and handling his pitchers, is not a bad manager. Just a litle too sympathetic with his players.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtsnewmex. Show celtsnewmex's posts

Exactly bosox.  Why can't he see the obvious, and act accordingly?  Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, he's great with the players, but he loses games on the field this way, and it drives me bonkers.  Another maddening thing: a reliever is on on a given night, gets an easy one - two - three, then why not leaving him in for another inning?  Why bring in another guy who may or may not be on that night?  In other words, why not allow the reality of the situation to dictate your moves instead of submitting to the dictates of some pre-planned program that says: this guy pitches the 6th, this guy the 7th, this guy the 8th, and so on?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

This was vintage Francona. Wakefield had nothing. He couldn't throw a first pitch strike, he was constantly way behind in the count and his knuckler was high with almost no movement. He was lucky to be ahead 5-2 and had already escaped a couple of jams, but this is how Francona manages veterans like Beckett and Wakefield---you stay with them til they've given up 6 or 7 runs. Sadly, in this case it was 9 and the Sox couldn't come back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenexprime. Show xenexprime's posts

peerhaps because he can't pull a pitcher on the first inning every game after a couple of pitches simply because it looks liek he got nothing, otherwise we will have a exausted bullpen? maybe we don't have anyone to trust on a long game on the bullpen? maybe the FO tells him not to pull them? there's many possible reasons, since you are at your house sitting on your butt and not on the dugout next to terry you got no idea what the reason is, so reserve your "Coma" words for yourself to describe your own clueless brain.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougwinspear. Show dougwinspear's posts

I know what you're talking about. Seems like Francona is a bit too "by the book". I just remember that Yankees game. Myself, over fifty years a Sox fan, stranded in Montreal, and finally there's a Sox/Yankees game on the Tv in the bar across the street. It's bad enough that I'm sitting with these Frenchmen who just want to talk about "le foot" and the writer Bukowski. But, I'm watching the screen. Sox come back in the late innings, take a lead. Bard comes in to pitch the eighth. His breaking ball is wicked, but missing the strike zone, but he's throwing 100mph bb's and gets through the inning pretty easily. So, will he come and close it out? No, in comes Pap, and he's pumped and throwing nothing but fastballs, with no movement. zip. Batting practice...A-rod takes him deep. Game over. What's with Francona? He could have just brought in Bard, and if he'd gotten in trouble, then brought in the guy who used to throw that hard. And Wakefield. When he doesn't have it, he's throwing beach balls up there. How much Wakefield should a Sox fan be subjectd to in a lifetime? How many years ago was it when he threw that tenth inning gopher ball to the Yanks in the one game play-off? Another century, correct?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

At least Wakefield throws well once in a while.

What I want to know is what does Manny Delcarman have on the coach? He must have seen him wearing a dress or something. No one can be this bad and still pitching in the majors.

Delacarmen may be on the team to act as a handycap so that they don't win so many games.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from poe1raven. Show poe1raven's posts

In Response to Re: Pull the pitcher Fran-coma!:
    peerhaps because he can't pull a pitcher on the first inning every game after a couple of pitches simply because it looks liek he got nothing, otherwise we will have a exausted bullpen? maybe we don't have anyone to trust on a long game on the bullpen? maybe the FO tells him not to pull them? there's many possible reasons, since you are at your house sitting on your butt and not on the dugout next to terry you got no idea what the reason is, so reserve your "Coma" words for yourself to describe your own clueless brain.
    Posted by xenexprime

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from poe1raven. Show poe1raven's posts

Posted by xenexprime

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from poe1raven. Show poe1raven's posts

Posted by xenexprime

Maybe maybe maybe... perhaps maybe francona is plain stupid and oblivious to what is going on around him.  I doubt that the FO is that stupid that he would tell francona not to pull him in these circumstances.  francona has a history that is very consistent of not making the right decisions.  you cannot give francona a bad player because he will use him over and over again.  The other night, last of the ninth, one out, and he leaves Cash in.  Was francona actually expecting Cash to get a hit.  Of course he was! Except he was the only one who thought this way.  francona and Cora made a real bad combination.  Cora was worthless in a tight situation at bat.  And francona never took him out.  This cost the Red Sox a lot of games and a Worl Series.  But then I have to realize there are a lot of fans who know nothing about baseball.  So, of course, these fans will get defensive when francona gets criticised for his collosal lack of strategic ability.  I have put a lot of thought into this subject.  francona simply cannot be as stupid as he acts.  So I think maybe his dad put too much pressure on him as a child, so he freezes up when he has to make a decision as an adult.  So with all your 'maybe', would any decent Coach be swayed by these 'maybe' you listed?  I don't think so.  At least I never witnessed it when I see other Coaches make decisions.  Can you visualize Torrez maybe, maybe maybe leaving Cora in to bat in the ninth inning against the Yankees with no outs and the bases loades and a three point deficit playing at home so that Cora can hit into a double play and end the rally?  Or starting Cora in the final game of the playoffs against Tampa Bay when he had Lowrie to play.  I don't think so.  I aso think the Coaches of the other teams know that francona makes extremely dumb decisions on a regular basis.  So the other Coaches don't give up when they play against francona.  Because sooner or later, he will give up as many points as the other team needs to catch up and get back into the baseball game.  As over the years this has certainly been his M O.  While the Players like francona, this is draining for the players to lose so many games due to his maybe, maybe , maybe and maybe, maybe, maybe, maybe.  Poe 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Posted by soxnewmex

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Terry is not good with pitchers.  Why would we come out of the all-star game break starting Wake and then a kid from the minors?  Everyone just had 3 days rest and that is the best we can figure out for the rotation?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xfiles45. Show xfiles45's posts

FrancBONEHEAD the bubbleGummer has struck again...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joker7. Show Joker7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pull the pitcher Fran-coma! : Maybe maybe maybe... perhaps maybe francona is plain stupid and oblivious to what is going on around him.  I doubt that the FO is that stupid that he would tell francona not to pull him in these circumstances.  francona has a history that is very consistent of not making the right decisions.  you cannot give francona a bad player because he will use him over and over again.  The other night, last of the ninth, one out, and he leaves Cash in.  Was francona actually expecting Cash to get a hit.  Of course he was! Except he was the only one who thought this way.  francona and Cora made a real bad combination.  Cora was worthless in a tight situation at bat.  And francona never took him out.  This cost the Red Sox a lot of games and a Worl Series.  But then I have to realize there are a lot of fans who know nothing about baseball.  So, of course, these fans will get defensive when francona gets criticised for his collosal lack of strategic ability.  I have put a lot of thought into this subject.  francona simply cannot be as stupid as he acts.  So I think maybe his dad put too much pressure on him as a child, so he freezes up when he has to make a decision as an adult.  So with all your 'maybe', would any decent Coach be swayed by these 'maybe' you listed?  I don't think so.  At least I never witnessed it when I see other Coaches make decisions.  Can you visualize Torrez maybe, maybe maybe leaving Cora in to bat in the ninth inning against the Yankees with no outs and the bases loades and a three point deficit playing at home so that Cora can hit into a double play and end the rally?  Or starting Cora in the final game of the playoffs against Tampa Bay when he had Lowrie to play.  I don't think so.  I aso think the Coaches of the other teams know that francona makes extremely dumb decisions on a regular basis.  So the other Coaches don't give up when they play against francona.  Because sooner or later, he will give up as many points as the other team needs to catch up and get back into the baseball game.  As over the years this has certainly been his M O.  While the Players like francona, this is draining for the players to lose so many games due to his maybe, maybe , maybe and maybe, maybe, maybe, maybe.  Poe 
    Posted by poe1raven[/QUOTE]

well....GOSH!!!!...I think you have hit the proverbial 5 run homer....you know,when you got guys like Papsy and Joshy and Okey...and they are crapping the sheets...well GOSH...you know...you gotta try to just "get 'em goin! GOSH!!", because, unless you blow too many games using this pretzel, seed spittin',home spun Conacoma logic, you're gonna need these guys in the playoffs. As everyone knows, blowing gift wrapped 3 run leads in the 9th,and letting your Oki-dopey walk the bases loaded AFTER giving up a two run bomb to start an inning is a neccessary part of the "Gotta Get 'Em Going" philosophy. The philosophy behind this run to the playoffs...oh wait....throwing away games in July and August DROPS the Sox in the standings...well...GOSH!!!!...all I gotta say is God Bless Our Ter and it's EVERYBODY else's fault!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xfiles45. Show xfiles45's posts

[QUOTE]you're gonna need these guys in the playoffs
    Posted by Joker7[/QUOTE]

Where have you been IDIOT - there isn't going to be any playoff's for the Red Flops ...!!! Wake the F up...?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from badgealbert. Show badgealbert's posts

FOR YEARS I'VE BEEN SAYING WHAT A GREAT LITTLE LEAGUE MGR. THAT FRANCOMA IS , BUT HOW IN H**L CAN ANYONE, EXCEPT AN IDIOT' SAY HE IS A GREAT MGR? WHEN YOUR BEST STARTING PITCHERS GIVE UP SIX OR SEVEN RUNS BEFORE BEING YANKED DON'T TELL ME HE IS ONE OF THE BEST MGRS IN BASEBALL AND THE BEST IN RED SOX HISTORY . COMAS MAIN CONCERN IS TO  GIVE EVERYONE A CHANCE TO PLAY SO ALL WILL LIKE HIM. I KNOW THE SOX HAVE HAD A VERY BIG PROBLEM WITH INJURIES THIS YEAR , BUT THAT DOES NOT EXCUSE LEAVING A PITCHER IN IF HE IS GIVING UP EVEN 4 OR 5 RUNS IN THE FIRST 2 OR 3 INNINGS. I WOULD MUCH RATHER SEE VERITEK AS MGR. EVEN IF HE HAS NO MGR EXPERIENCE . I EVEN THINK MY GRANDMOTHER WOULD BE AS GOOD AS COMA  ,AND SHE DOESN' EVEN KNOW WHAT A BASEBALL IS.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mascmen7. Show mascmen7's posts

WHY IN HELL IS WAKEFIELD ON THIS TEAM? His butt is taking up Danny Nava's or a pitcher's seat. Fran COMA is horrible at running a game. Demarlo Hale is helping him to improve but FranCOMA is terribly stupid.He is good at massaging egos by losing games with misfits playing,his old buddies. Safety squeeze is unheard of as are sacrifices. Pitchers must stay in for 7 runs. Any player who goes on a hitting streak is benched as a rest reward. (Where did he learn to think?). Relief pitchers doing well can only get 3 outs no matter how many pitches he threw. Papelbon must pitch last even if game is in danger of being lost. Forget day games and extra inning games as Tito is clueless and always loses those games. Joe  Torre and Joe Girardi know how to manage unlike clueless FranCOMA. It is Theo's fault who hired him and does not reform him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from b2bshima. Show b2bshima's posts

Exactly. This is why fans are not watching in droves. We have a "press" that insults fans when they question Frandumba's moves and a manager who refuses to let this team when 5 or 6 in a row. Leaves Lackey in to give up any chance of pulling to within 5 with 6 games left against Yanks! Wow! Don't the owners like money? Don't these geniuses understand that they could make money if they forced Frandumba to try to win some more games while both the Yanks and Rays are losing? Lackey clearly stinks today (as usual) and yet Frandumba lets him toss the game completely away before bringing in the AA guy. And why is Lowell even on the bench here? Kids are hitting and winning games for us and we have to see the losers back in the lineup. What is Frandumba "resting" people again for tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow?????

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from b2bshima. Show b2bshima's posts

Another example of Frandumba's "genius". Lester has 2 starts left -- one inning here and then the next game. He has thrown 103, not a big deal for him. Bard was used yesterday and has been clearly off (tired?) his last 6 + times out. So why in f not just let Lester throw the 8th?!? Pis= off the fans. Have a chance to close out the season nicely by beating the Yanks -- and god help us if they are allowed to maybe sweep the Yanks! -- and dumb f blows it again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from xfiles45. Show xfiles45's posts

Goodbye FrankBona, goodbye Varijerk, goodbye Papelgone, goodbye Ellsbench, goodbye Dice K-lown, goodbye Orca-tiz, goodbye Wakemeupfield,...

and Good Riddance

I pray that all that comes around Cool

Sections
Shortcuts