1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Reds want Ellsbury, Giants want Ross, Dodgers/Braves/Rangers lookin at Beckett

Just heard some rumors that the Reds have called the Sox asking about jacoby Ellsbury...If this is true and you were BC, who would you ask for in return?
    Peter gammons was the one who said it...
    I edited the title of the post since we could, and probably will start talking about all these possibilities...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Reds want Ellsbury

I'm sure they do, but for what? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Thats what Im wondering...Im not really familiar with the reds system, although i know they got some 21yr old RHP in AA whos supposed to be something special...Daniel Corcino I think...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

the only way i would part with ells was if we got a big haul in return. with a year+ left before he hits FA i don't see that happening. hang onto him and win another ring

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Reds want Ellsbury:
    [QUOTE]the only way i would part with ells was if we got a big haul in return. with a year+ left before he hits FA i don't see that happening. hang onto him and win another ring
    Posted by mef429[/QUOTE]

depends on what they offer Mef...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

The other question is who would you play in CF if Els is traded?  I know this would not happen, but I would bring up Bradley and let him play.  He is supposedly ready to play the outfield at a MLB level, and would bring a much stronger arm.  The question is his bat. 

I would trade Ellsbury for the Red's top pitching prospect at AA and a servicable utility player.  That is better than they will get when he hits FA.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reds want Ellsbury : depends on what they offer Mef...
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]
    not to me. ellsbury is my favorite player. IMO theres no one better than him.

IF we could get a bonafide ace for ells, straight up then i would consider..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I'm sure several are interested in Ellsbury, as they should be. The question is, what are they willing to part with?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Aroldis Chapman would be just fine.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Thats what Im wondering...Im not really familiar with the reds system, although i know they got some 21yr old RHP in AA whos supposed to be something special...Daniel Corcino I think...
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]I( was advocating for this deal yesterday. Corcino has a mid 90s fastball and a plus curve. He's also very very consistent. He's the number 1 prospect on baseball america's hot sheet this week.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxforlife22. Show soxforlife22's posts

I would like to get Daniel Corcino (Robert Stephensen or JC Sulbaran if he is not available), along with Shortstop DiDi Gregorius and maybe another prospect.

Corcino looks like he will definitely end up in the major leagues (whether that is as a starter or reliever is unknown). And while Gregorius is not the game changer that Billy Hamilton is, he is a solid shortstop with a lot of tools.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]The other question is who would you play in CF if Els is traded?  I know this would not happen, but I would bring up Bradley and let him play.  He is supposedly ready to play the outfield at a MLB level, and would bring a much stronger arm.  The question is his bat.  I would trade Ellsbury for the Red's top pitching prospect at AA and a servicable utility player.  That is better than they will get when he hits FA.
    Posted by parhunter55[/QUOTE]I don't think there's much question about JBJ's bat. He did have a down year his last year in college, but I think injury had a lot to do with that. He's been maintainin a .400+ OBP this year at high A and AA.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Just looking at the scouting reports, etc. I like Stephensen better than Corcino, but either would be a good starting point.  My worry with Corcino is whether he ends up in the bullpen.  The Sox should not trade Ellsbury for a potential reliever, IMO.  

I would add their 24-yr old lefty reliever prospect and their best OF prospect, the 19-year old with all the tools.  Then I would see what the Phillies want for Pence and Blanton.  Trade Beckett for the best prospects you can get to throw at the Phillies and you have about the same payroll, Pence in the OF instead of Ellsbury, Blanton in the rotation in place of Beckett, and when Crawford goes back on the DL, you have Ross, Sweeney, and Pence in the OF.  Blanton, Lester, Buchholz, Doubront and Morales in the rotation (it is time to trade Cook if he has any value at all, as I am afriad we have seen the real Cook the last few starts).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reds want Ellsbury : I don't think there's much question about JBJ's bat. He did have a down year his last year in college, but I think injury had a lot to do with that. He's been maintainin a .400+ OBP this year at high A and AA.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you on this, I just sense that the Sox brass want to see Bradley prove his hitting is ML ready by going through the entire system before getting his shot.  I think that kind of rigid thinking results in a waste of talent and energy, myself.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reds want Ellsbury : I totally agree with you on this, I just sense that the Sox brass want to see Bradley prove his hitting is ML ready by going through the entire system before getting his shot.  I think that kind of rigid thinking results in a waste of talent and energy, myself.
    Posted by parhunter55[/QUOTE]It's enough to make you miss the days when guys like Bob Stanley were making the jump from New Britain to Boston isn't it? My personal feeling is that Bradley could be a better leadoff hitter than Ellsbury right now. Not as fast granted, but better at getting on base and with much better D in CF.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I think besides Corcino, the Sox could get one of their OF'ers since one will be out of a job if Ells is there...I would look for a 3-1 deal...Corcino, a ML Of'er and maybe a lower level prospect with a high ceiling...I dont think that is unrealistic since Ells would still have one more year of control at a reasonable salary...Sox could even send one of their blocked prospects if needed to get the deal done...
    I know the Dodgers dont want to part with 20yr old Zach Lee, but if we pay 25mm of Becketts deal and throw in another prospect, we might be able to get the talks moving...
    Also, the Giants want Ross back...What do you think they would give up, knowing what hes done for them already? We could also add one of our prospects to the deal if needed, depending who were talking about getting back...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

ARE Bench And Rose available!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

[QUOTE]I think besides Corcino, the Sox could get one of their OF'ers since one will be out of a job if Ells is there...I would look for a 3-1 deal...Corcino, a ML Of'er and maybe a lower level prospect with a high ceiling...I dont think that is unrealistic since Ells would still have one more year of control at a reasonable salary...Sox could even send one of their blocked prospects if needed to get the deal done... I know the Dodgers dont want to part with 20yr old Zach Lee, but if we pay 25mm of Becketts deal and throw in another prospect, we might be able to get the talks moving... Also, the Giants want Ross back...What do you think they would give up, knowing what hes done for them already? We could also add one of our prospects to the deal if needed, depending who were talking about getting back...
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

I'd hate to see Ross go, personally.  His RH power and energy are much needed on this team.  However, if Punto and Ross can bring a decent return of two low-level, high ceiling prospects, then those prospects could be used to help trade Beckett.  And if the Sox got one of the Reds OFers in return (a RH bat of course) then this would make real sense.  (I suggest Punto, only because he also has good history with SF if I recall, and he is absolute dead weight, IMO).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pkgoode. Show pkgoode's posts

Re: Reds want Ellsbury, Giants want Ross, Dodgers/Braves/Rangers lookin at Beckett

The Reds and 28 other teams.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reds want Ellsbury : I'd hate to see Ross go, personally.  His RH power and energy are much needed on this team.  However, if Punto and Ross can bring a decent return of two low-level, high ceiling prospects, then those prospects could be used to help trade Beckett.  And if the Sox got one of the Reds OFers in return (a RH bat of course) then this would make real sense.  (I suggest Punto, only because he also has good history with SF if I recall, and he is absolute dead weight, IMO).
    Posted by parhunter55[/QUOTE]

If we could deal Beckett and Cook I think Morales and/or tazawa could take their place...I really think Tazawa, with the 3-4MPH hes gained on that FB, could really be a solid starter...I said earlier when I was at the game that Lester gave up 11 runs against Toronto he was making batters look silly up there...hes got great secondary stuff and with more seperation from his FB, they (offspeed pitches) look that much better...
    As far as Ross goes, that was the idea to pick up a RHH from an Ells trade to replace his bat...
    I really hop BC makes some moves before tomorrow at 4pm...We might have to give up a couple prospects to get some deals done, but some of the suggestions here would make perfect sense IMO...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Reds want Ellsbury, Giants want Ross, Dodgers/Braves/Rangers lookin at Beckett

there was just 20 posts here...why is there only 2 now????

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Is this pikes revenge?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

we were just having a good discussion here and now theres this thread and a bunch from a month ago... this is BS!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

whats going on with this board today???

Sections
Shortcuts