1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

So is Texas the new Buffalo Bills? Was 2011 the Year of the Choke?

There were articles on Texas being the new "dynasty" once they wrapped up this year's WS.  After their collossal choke in Game 6, they remind me more of the Buffalo Bills or the 90's Atlanta Braves as Championships losers to me.

Really, was this year not noticible by the massive chokes?  Atlanta's choke was the worst ever until a few hours later when Boston completed a worse one.  Philly was supposed to win walking away and lost to St Louis.  Then Texas is 2 runs up, with one strike to go IN CONSECUTIVE INNINGs before they peed down their legs.  Wow.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: So is Texas the new Buffalo Bills? Was 2011 the Year of the Choke?

In Response to So is Texas the new Buffalo Bills? Was 2011 the Year of the Choke?:
    [QUOTE]There were articles on Texas being the new "dynasty" once they wrapped up this year's WS.  After their collossal choke in Game 6, they remind me more of the Buffalo Bills or the 90's Atlanta Braves as Championships losers to me. Really, was this year not noticible by the massive chokes?  Atlanta's choke was the worst ever until a few hours later when Boston completed a worse one.  Philly was supposed to win walking away and lost to St Louis.  Then Texas is 2 runs up, with one strike to go IN CONSECUTIVE INNINGs before they peed down their legs.  Wow.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

I really wanted to see Texas win the World Series this year.  Their closer just couldn't handle the pressure of pitching an important game in the World Series.  He is still very young and not experienced in pitching in such situations.  I also agree that Philadelphia was the favorite to win the World Series this year.  They just didn't get enough production from their offense to win this year.  This is an area where they should improve upon for next season.  Not sure who they need to sign, but they definitely need to sign another big bat.  That is why I was surprised that they would spend the money to sign Papelbon when they really need to improve their offense not their pitching. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Well one more time is the hat trick.

Honestly people started following here (Austin) when they were IN the world series. Basicallly something to watch until the .500 Cowboys start up. Love cocaine washington!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to So is Texas the new Buffalo Bills? Was 2011 the Year of the Choke?:
    [QUOTE]There were articles on Texas being the new "dynasty" once they wrapped up this year's WS.  After their collossal choke in Game 6, they remind me more of the Buffalo Bills or the 90's Atlanta Braves as Championships losers to me. Really, was this year not noticible by the massive chokes?  Atlanta's choke was the worst ever until a few hours later when Boston completed a worse one.  Philly was supposed to win walking away and lost to St Louis.  Then Texas is 2 runs up, with one strike to go IN CONSECUTIVE INNINGs before they peed down their legs.  Wow.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Nolan Ryan is a smart guy who will keep the Rangers contenders for years to come.  Losing Wilson but grabbing Darvish won't hurt them all that much, especially since CJ was horrible in the PS.  If Hamilton keeps it together and the team stays healthy their chances are as good or better than ours.

I do see them changing managers if they don't win it soon.  I'm not sure I would give Washington a lot of credit for their recent success.