1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

To ALL FRANCONA lovers...Is it time yet????

The guy needs to be fired!!!!! 2-10...they suck! They haven't lost yet to the Blue Jays but im giving up like Francona does.....If your mgr doesn't win soon he will have to be kicked to the curb??!!!!!!! Francona lovers...give me the reasons why he should be here???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: To ALL FRANCONA lovers...Is it time yet????

• He is really nice
    • He is really fair
    • He has 2 WSC rings
    • He is really really nice
    • He is really really fair
    • um..........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

i dont know... i've always been on titos side but...
    jenks shouldve been out earlier.
    we need to run more
    and finally darnell should've pinch hit for ells.
    this game is still winnable but still cmon!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bretb27. Show bretb27's posts

you can't win games,especially one run ball games, with your leadoff man going 0 for 5.  if you guys want a single answer as to why the redsox suck, it's carl crawford.  The most over rated piece of sh*t i've ever seen. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: To ALL FRANCONA lovers...Is it time yet????:
    Wait, hold that previous post. It is now 7-6. Maybe this is the comeback game the Sox need to get it going forward.....
    Posted by antiqueman1

Ha ha...fooled us didn't they? I think I've got it now though. The Sox are actually switching uniforms with every opponent they play--you know--just to mess with us? "Then how do they change their facial appearances? That guy that popped out with RISP in the 8th really LOOKED like Ellsbury you know." Hey, stop being so analytical, it's what's happening, I just know it. Now it all makes sense.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

i dont know... i've always been on titos side but... jenks shouldve been out earlier. we need to run more and finally darnell should've pinch hit for ells. this game is still winnable but still cmon!
    Posted by zack5042

Very interesting points. I can't deny the validity of any of them. Could it be that we have gotten to see Tito as untouchable and tend to blame the players when the wrong button was pushed? Hmmmm....Could also be that he is spending up most of that captial and more and more the attention is going to be pointed at him. You know what I think some of it is? I think he's SO "nice" that, like tonight, he was more concerned about preserving Ellsbury's fragile state of mind that he passed up an opportunity to gain an advantage for his team. Too much of a "players manager" maybe? These guys need a knot jerked in their tail right now, not to be coddled.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DEBeardsr. Show DEBeardsr's posts

It is past time to fire all the coaches and poor excuse for a manager.We have no hitting coach,no pitching coach and certainly no field manager.They all should be tarred and feathered and rode out of town on a rail.Look at that pathetic Crawford and Gonzalez. Compare Gonzalez and Teixeira stats and you can see how terrible Gonzalez is. I would much better have Teixeira. Looks like Red Sox stuck with another long term,non productive,expensive contract,with nothing to show for it. Only thing Saltalamacia is good for is to take up roster space an see how many times he can strike out. King Varitek is batting an astounding .100. Those turkeys stink more and more every day.Get rid of that poor excuse for coaches and field manager and bring someone in off the street.They couldn't do any worse.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mollyandmary. Show mollyandmary's posts

FIRE the manager, it is time

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evans24RF. Show Evans24RF's posts

Francona was hired to replace Gump Little, and manage a group of individual players... Manny, Pedro, Nomar, Derek Lowe, Johnny Damon, etc., and they added Schilling, Millar, Mueller, Timlin, Foulke, etc. Francona had the luxury of a great team bursting with talent, and those guys were all driven, they had fire and wanted to win. This year's team, while loaded with talent, does not seem to have the fire burning, at least not yet. But this group of guys seems very different than the idiots of 2003 and 2004.

It may be time for the Red Sox to bring in a different kind of manager to motivate the team. I usually like to give a team 40-50 games to evaluate and see where adjustments need to be made, but at this rate the Red Sox may be 15-35 by then.

One thing nobody mentions is the loss of John Farrell, now the manager of the Blue Jays. I think the change of pitching coaches from Farrell to Curt Young has impacted the pitching staff, and also clubhouse leadership.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Every year Tito costs us 10 games in his poor managing of the pitching staff and really the whole game.  At what point should Jenks have been pulled?  Do we really need to watch 4 hits, 4 runs a wild pitch etc before there's some inkling that he isn't on?  If Tito had pulled him after 1 or 2 runs we would have come back and won that game but the rally fell short, Tito let the team dig too big a hole.

How about the game where Lester gave up 9 runs?  Hmm, do you think Terry maybe he didn't bring his A game a little before that?  Remember watching him leave Papelbon out there last year to give up 3, 4 runs or more, blowing save after save but still kept giving him the ball.  It reminded me of Grady Little sticking with Pedro one hitter two long.

Can someone please tell me why Salty is batting 7th?  He should be 9th or on the bench.  Tek certainly can't do any worse at the plate and with a struggling pitching staff, maybe Tek can settle them down.

We didn't win those 2 WS because of Francona.  We won them in spite of Francona.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scylla. Show scylla's posts

i love your suggestion to bring in valentine . if nothing else he would add some energy that mr. passive , francoma , is incapable of doing .In Response to Re: To ALL FRANCONA lovers...Is it time yet????:
    Wow. Stunned again to come home and view the score. 2-10. I am not sure, but maybe Bobby Valentine can turn this club around starting with his knowledge on Dice-k. This has become a bit funny now. The Sox were a better bunch when they played and had lesser known players and did not pay boatloads to suposed super stars. Just saying...
    Posted by antiqueman1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Wait, hold that previous post. It is now 7-6. Maybe this is the comeback game the Sox need to get it going forward.....
    Posted by antiqueman1

It might have been had TF brought in Doubront to face Lind rather than keep the struggling Jencks out there. Lind singles to drive in a lead extending run. TF probably took a look at Lind's BA,about .150, and said to himself," Aw shucks,my man Bobby can take take care of this guy". When he should have been thinking, let me bring in lefty Doubront to face lefty Lind and see how that scenario plays out. If he goes that way and eventually loses the game, no complaints. He made the right move. By going the way he did, he's forced to look at the double steal, wild pitch, more runs being scored and a 7-3 deficit. The Sox came back to score 3 to make it 7-6 which ended up being the final score.             This is TF's "by the seat of his pants" style of baseball managing. All things that happen in a game reflect back to the players. If the Bullpen blows up we'll get something like this,"the ball wasn't coming out of his hand good" or "he was up in the zone" or some other insider baseball babble.If things go well and the Sox win with PAPS closing it out we'll get something like,"yeah,he had late life on his fastball through the zone or he commanded all of his pitches tonight." "T" try something like  this if you're going to hang a bad game on the BP." We had difficulty locating the strike zone tonight and when we did,balls were hit hard somewhere". "T" when you give the post game wrap up, you're taking questions from the media and talking to the fans and spectators.We're not baseball insiders. Talk to us about what we just saw in easy english. It's late at night for the most part, we have to go to work the next day, If you lost we're going to bed grouchy, tossing and turning in the wee hours of the morning only to awake trying to figure out what you meant by "the ball didn't come out of his hand good" comment.We know you can talk the talk but can you walk the walk?                                                                                                                                                                                       

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsnfm. Show rsnfm's posts

To all you Francona Haters out there!!! SCREW YOU!!! You're nothing but ignorant assh***s!! Is HE leaving runners on base? Is HE throwing BP to the other teams hitters? Is HE dressed up as Carl Crawford and going Ofer?You crab about how he's leaving his starters in too long, so you want him to blow his bullpen by May? You bunch of idiots! If you knew anything about baseball (I highly suspect you do) it's a streaky game. You're thinking if Bobby Valentine becomes the Mgr. Crawford starts driving the ball in the gap Bucholz, Lackey,Dice-K all turn into Pedro! What the hell is wrong with you people? Chill the F out. If you're lining up on the Tobin Bridge, PLEEEAASSEE jump. We're gonna be alright. Then you emotionally disturbed cry babies can find something else to whine about cuz that's all you want. You want the Sox to suck so your own sad lives don't seem to bad. Have a nice Summer ;)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

RSNFM, We don't hate Francona.I like to think of him as a "frenemy", a friend I have issues with. I'm sure he's a nice guy, loves his wife, goes to church and does all that good stuff nice guys do. He's been here going on what eight years now? We have a seven year plus sample to evaluate his performance. It isn't all that good. But I like your misplaced passion for him. If we liked Bobby Valentine for his job it's because Bobby Valentine represents a change in attitude and hopefully direction. Francona was lousy in Philadelphia the 4 yrs. he was there going 5,3,3,5....five represents last in the division. The Phillies get Charlie Manuel who goes; 2,2,1,1,1,1, the last 6 years. Because the RS won the WS in '04 and '07, the TF lovers think he's some kind of baseball wizard, who cannot be questioned or criticized for the moves he makes. In Philly, some of the same mistakes he made there he's making here, goes too long with his starting pitchers, goes too late to the bullpen, gives up on games he's behind too early, falls in love with some of his players ( Marco Scutaro ). I mention this to make the point that we got what Philly had ...a stiff. In eight years he hasn't changed, nor will he. We'll go through the remaining games of this season with a bottle of DI-GEL handy and watch the Wizard grab defeat from the jaws of victory more than a few times.                                                                                    Which brings us back to you RSNFM. I suggest you get off your knees and let some air out of your life size TF vinyl blowup doll and pay closer attention to the games. Do come back though, we like your passion.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

No one thinks that Francona is beyond reproach.  But some of us think he's forgotten more about baseball than the Francona bashers will ever know.

Francona is clearly the best manager the Red Sox have had in past 90 years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsnfm. Show rsnfm's posts

RSNFM, We don't hate Francona.I like to think of him as a "frenemy", a friend I have issues with. I'm sure he's a nice guy, loves his wife, goes to church and does all that good stuff nice guys do. He's been here going on what eight years now? We have a seven year plus sample to evaluate his performance. It isn't all that good. But I like your misplaced passion for him. If we liked Bobby Valentine for his job it's because Bobby Valentine represents a change in attitude and hopefully direction. Francona was lousy in Philadelphia the 4 yrs. he was there going 5,3,3,5....five represents last in the division. The Phillies get Charlie Manuel who goes; 2,2,1,1,1,1, the last 6 years. Because the RS won the WS in '04 and '07, the TF lovers think he's some kind of baseball wizard, who cannot be questioned or criticized for the moves he makes. In Philly, some of the same mistakes he made there he's making here, goes too long with his starting pitchers, goes too late to the bullpen, gives up on games he's behind too early, falls in love with some of his players ( Marco Scutaro ). I mention this to make the point that we got what Philly had ...a stiff. In eight years he hasn't changed, nor will he. We'll go through the remaining games of this season with a bottle of DI-GEL handy and watch the Wizard grab defeat from the jaws of victory more than a few times.                                                                                    Which brings us back to you RSNFM. I suggest you get off your knees and let some air out of your life size TF vinyl blowup doll and pay closer attention to the games. Do come back though, we like your passion.
    Posted by eggplants

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsnfm. Show rsnfm's posts

Eggplants, you seem to have your head on straighter than the other clowns on this thread. But the crap that these so called "knowledgable" fans spew is idiotic. They're all a bunch of Monday morning quarterbacks who do nothing but blame Tito for all that goes wrong and it's the player when all goes right. For instance Dice-K was lights out yesterday, did Tito get credit for giving him a chance to redeem himself? Not to most of these posters but you can bet if Dice-K threw a stinker they would be screaming from Bunker Hill "shoulda started Wake"!! He should get alot of credit for 04 and 07. Would Schill have come? No way! would we have won if we didn't have Schill in 04? Nope. Little things like that. Remember pro athletes have HUGE egos if the Mgr loses confidence in them, they either pout and demand a trade or get worse. How about when Pedroia was hitting his weight and everyone was screaming "play Cora". Tito stuck to his guns and look what we have now. Does anyone remember how horrible Joe Torre's managment career was before he came to NY? Pretty bad, Philly was Tito's 1st with a lousy team them comes here and wins his 1st year.
    Look, he's not perfect but is by far the best Red Sox Mgr in their history and he has the hardware to prove it. God himself could be the Manager and these posters will whine and cry then too, cuz that's all they know. BTW the dolls are of Heidi, not Tito LOL. stay cool 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfanwest. Show soxfanwest's posts

Eggplants, you seem to have your head on straighter than the other clowns on this thread. But the crap that these so called "knowledgable" fans spew is idiotic. They're all a bunch of Monday morning quarterbacks who do nothing but blame Tito for all that goes wrong and it's the player when all goes right. For instance Dice-K was lights out yesterday, did Tito get credit for giving him a chance to redeem himself? Not to most of these posters but you can bet if Dice-K threw a stinker they would be screaming from Bunker Hill "shoulda started Wake"!! He should get alot of credit for 04 and 07. Would Schill have come? No way! would we have won if we didn't have Schill in 04? Nope. Little things like that. Remember pro athletes have HUGE egos if the Mgr loses confidence in them, they either pout and demand a trade or get worse. How about when Pedroia was hitting his weight and everyone was screaming "play Cora". Tito stuck to his guns and look what we have now. Does anyone remember how horrible Joe Torre's managment career was before he came to NY? Pretty bad, Philly was Tito's 1st with a lousy team them comes here and wins his 1st year. Look, he's not perfect but is by far the best Red Sox Mgr in their history and he has the hardware to prove it. God himself could be the Manager and these posters will whine and cry then too, cuz that's all they know. BTW the dolls are of Heidi, not Tito LOL. stay cool 
    Posted by rsnfm

rsnfm, I sometimes feel the same frustration. What you have to keep in mind, is that most of those who post here, do so based on complete emotion with no insight that a baseball season is a marathon and not a sprint. People forget how many injuries this team suffered last season and that there were more than 10 guys on the DL. They forget we finished a respectable third and that Francona's own peers i.e. fellow managers, felt he could have been considered for manager of the year last season, based on all those injuries.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

RSNFM..........The best manager in RS history was Dick Williams. He did far more with a lot less and almost pulled it off. That was the Impossible Dream season, '67. He didn't last long because he braced the star player,Yaz, on more than one occasion.He made more moves in a month than TF has made since he's been here. He moved players defensively throughout the game. When's the last time you saw TF move a player defensively? Playing at double play depth doesn't count. It hasn't happened in the games I've seen this year. I'll give TF credit in a certain area of managing; Nobody manages those 9-1,8-1, 4-1, 4-0 winning games better than "T",he's great at spreading the praise around, he's looking for more questions during the post game wrap-up, he's the best. Now look at how he does in the close 1 or 2 run games late. Not good. Extra innings? Not good. His problem is he doesn't feel the danger coming. Try this for an example, 2nd game against Toronto, Sox win 4-1. Middle portion of the game around 4th or 5th inning, Toronto is already down 4-1.  First 2 batters reach for the Sox, single + walk, Farrell goes to his bullpen, relief pitcher retires sox without allowing a run to score. The point here is that the RS would never have a pitcher ready to come in this early in an inning never mind a game they were losing, probably not even if they were winning. This from  a guy who never managed  a game before this month, a guy who claims everything he learned he learned at the hand of the Wizard. Kind of makes you wonder a little.....who's fooling who?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeftyGrove. Show LeftyGrove's posts

SPARE ME THE HYSTERIA!!!!
    n Response to To ALL FRANCONA lovers...Is it time yet????:
    The guy needs to be fired!!!!! 2-10...they suck! They haven't lost yet to the Blue Jays but im giving up like Francona does.....If your mgr doesn't win soon he will have to be kicked to the curb??!!!!!!! Francona lovers...give me the reasons why he should be here???
    Posted by patriots1a2

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to To ALL FRANCONA lovers...Is it time yet????:
    The guy needs to be fired!!!!! 2-10...they suck! They haven't lost yet to the Blue Jays but im giving up like Francona does.....If your mgrdoesn't win soon he will have to be kicked to the curb??!!!!!!! Francona lovers...give me the reasons why he should be here???
    Posted by patriots1a2

He makes you cry like a little girl.

He understands the season is pretty close to 162 games long ... before the play-offs.

He isn't your manager, so I'll be more than happy to consider you're not a Sox fan.  Because I'm a Sox fan and I trust him to help make things work out for my team.   You really shouldn't go on so in public.  It shows you can't handle pressure, if you're a Sox fan.  That's something Tito can do ... handle the bad and the good.

He trusts the players he has to come around and play as they should.  Instead of throwing away such assets as Justin Pedroia and David Ortiz, he let them work through their problems.  Can you imagine not having Pedey?  Or Papi? 

So.

No.

It's not time yet.

See you in November, weak of heart.  I'll be celebrating the Red Sox and you'll have switched over to Bill Bellicek .... why do the Pats keep him?   He's only good in the regular season ...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

... time to give Francona a raise!

One of the hottest teams in the MLB .... only lost one game in the last eternal moment....  Almost the same lenght of time that you were crying over ....

That's fair, isn't it?  Fire him when they stink, raise when they make a great run?

Sections
Shortcuts