To ALL FRANCONA lovers...Is it time yet????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ubahero. Show ubahero's posts

Re: To ALL FRANCONA lovers...Is it time yet????

You don't win two World Series Championships at the Major League Baseball Level on your own;  it does take team work from all angles, front office, ownership, players performing in the clutch, etc. along with a manager leading all of that on the field.  Grady Little represents what you get when you don't follow the numbers and just manage from your heart.  Francona has some values that he does follow.  For example, we all could see that Jed Lowrie needed to play more and we all wanted that done at a lot sooner than it happened.  TF could not do this transition quicker because of his high valued played on being in a starting player's corner (Marco Scuttaro).  He remembered how last year he played thru many ailments and was out on the field when lots others wouldn't have been.  That is what Francona wants in his players, a guttiness, a scrapiness, a GRINDER.  So that is why he had to give Scuttaro the "first chance" at shortstop and if the team had been playing better, he could have and would have given Scuttaro more time.  Because of the way Tito handled this, he has the support of the clubhouse and those players in that clubhouse are going to play as hard as they can, they are going to grind it out.  A quote that you hear Terry saying a lot these days is:  "If I did that, I wouldn't want to play for me."  What he is doing, is managing in a way that players want to play for him and want to play the way that he knows they will have to play if they want to reach the pinnacle---a third World Series in 8 years!! Wow!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

In Response to Re: To ALL FRANCONA lovers...Is it time yet????:
    [QUOTE]You don't win two World Series Championships at the Major League Baseball Level on your own;  it does take team work from all angles, front office, ownership, players performing in the clutch, etc. along with a manager leading all of that on the field.  Grady Little represents what you get when you don't follow the numbers and just manage from your heart.  Francona has some values that he does follow.  For example, we all could see that Jed Lowrie needed to play more and we all wanted that done at a lot sooner than it happened.  TF could not do this transition quicker because of his high valued played on being in a starting player's corner (Marco Scuttaro).  He remembered how last year he played thru many ailments and was out on the field when lots others wouldn't have been.  That is what Francona wants in his players, a guttiness, a scrapiness, a GRINDER.  So that is why he had to give Scuttaro the "first chance" at shortstop and if the team had been playing better, he could have and would have given Scuttaro more time.  Because of the way Tito handled this, he has the support of the clubhouse and those players in that clubhouse are going to play as hard as they can, they are going to grind it out.  A quote that you hear Terry saying a lot these days is:  "If I did that, I wouldn't want to play for me."  What he is doing, is managing in a way that players want to play for him and want to play the way that he knows they will have to play if they want to reach the pinnacle---a third World Series in 8 years!! Wow!!
    Posted by ubahero[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Speedyrpm. Show Speedyrpm's posts

This team was supposed to be so great that they were going to win in spite of Francona.  Unfortunately it hasn't worked out that way and the losing has become acceptable.  The pitching is nowhere near as good as projected, the hitters aren't hitting their weight and I have never seen a major league team that doesn't have at least one decent catcher that can play everyday.  I still have high hopes for the season but somebody needs to step up and lead this team......and it's not going to be Francona!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from opsoxfan. Show opsoxfan's posts

2 w.s. Rings
    He stays calm he knows a lot more than people give him credit for that is for sure .
    This team is streaky would any one believe that most of our starters would bat below thier own weight in April,or that this rotation would be so bad as well in April.The team will get right and then T.F. will look smart the Sox are 17-13 after the first 6 games only Tampa has played better during that stretch. Relax do not jump off the Band Wagon have faith in Our Team Terry will lead this team in to Soxtober. Jump on now before the wagon is full. I will have faith .
    Terry has won 2 W.S.'s here he can manage make no mistake about it.
    You may not have all the info he has as to why some one sat or why he could not pull a pitcher when we wanted. not only did he win to W.S.'s he is 8-0 when he has got the team there. and I am the Guy who used to call him Grady Francona. I was wrong. I have FAITH in Terry he is the Best Manger the sox have had in my Life time. and yes this includes Dick Williams. Dick would not and could not manage the ball players of today. Tip your hat to Terry he is a lot better than you think. he has studied this game since he was a kid watching his dad whose teammates included Hank Arron,the man knows more about Baseball than you think. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oldgater. Show oldgater's posts

The man can't directly win a game but we can count on him to lose at least a few every year, and shouldn't we look at how he is preparing the team in spring training ? Two years in a row slow start why?  Get rid of him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CRA492. Show CRA492's posts

Why is it.... that every time Francona  bends his elbow..... his mouth opens!  note there is NO question mark after the question!FrownWe don't see bb (x2) coaches chewing and spitting we don't  see hockey coaches chewing and spitting.  What gives with this  nut case?  Someone should whack him on the back..... and see if he aspirates one of the shells