Welcome to the Yankee pharmacy Russell Martin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Welcome to the Yankee pharmacy Russell Martin

In Response to Re: Welcome to the Yankee pharmacy Russell Martin:
    [QUOTE]Why can't people make accusations about PEDs?  Players admittedly took them.  Why wouldn't they still be taking PEDs that can't be tested?  The players are the ones that dirtied the game The entire reason Sosa, McGwire, Bonds were allowed to set Home Records was because no one made accusations about PEDs.  People should be questioning how clean players are. It's no different that speculating on which college players were given money to go to a school or were given grades to keep them eligible. But if you want to bury your head in the sand, then feel free to do so. 
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

If there was even the slightest hint of some kind of connection, then absolutely.  But you need some kind of smoking gun somewhere before you start pointing fingers. Accusation and speculation are two different things.

So to point at Martin or Beckett now just because they seem to be leaning towards past numbers as opposed to what they did last year is completely hypocritical. Players work hard to come back from injuries or bad years. So let's try and give them the benefit of the doubt here.

If everyone is now under the suspicion of PED use, then just legalize it. Don't get me wrong, I don't think fans owe players anything. The Players Union has earned our distrust. But if we are going to continue to love the sport, then we have to hope that MLB is doing the right thing when it comes to testing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think Martin is on PEDs or if he is, that it's a recent thing.  He's been great in the past but some questioned his head. No one is forcing anyone to participate in a thread discussing who is and who isn't on the juice.  It's a legitimate topic.  Again, the players brought it on themselves. Posters speculate all the time on BDC about the motivation of a player or a coach without having anything resembling insight on the issue.  There's nothing wrong with speculating about how a player prepares for a game. Just because some great Yankees in the recent past have admitted being on PEDs doesn't mean anything.  I think that the Yanks having more players that admitted to being on PEDS is natural simply because of the money involved.  the more money at stake, the larger the incentive to bend the rules. If someone were to give you 2 choices - either take PEDS and get a 5 year contract for $60 or be out of a job next year, which would you do? I don't have a problem with professional taking PEDs except for the influence it has on kids.  If a professional wants to take PEDS, then be my guest.  But what do you do with a 16 year old who wants to be a professional or a 17 year old in Single A ball who has high hopes.  That to me is where the morals of PEDs takes a beating.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

Cannot argue with you there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chain-reaction. Show chain-reaction's posts

[QUOTE]Here is the question. Cashman did not want to sign Soriano and the Yankee FO did not heed his input. If Soriano fails as a set-up man at that ridiculous salary, do you think Cashman will get a new contract and the FO go back to his game plan? Or is Cashamn finished no matter what?
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]
    Cashamn deserves credit for his brilliant filenes basement shopping picks this post season and should get more control of the team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Here is the question. Cashman did not want to sign Soriano and the Yankee FO did not heed his input. If Soriano fails as a set-up man at that ridiculous salary, do you think Cashman will get a new contract and the FO go back to his game plan? Or is Cashamn finished no matter what?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]Here is the question. Cashman did not want to sign Soriano and the Yankee FO did not heed his input. If Soriano fails as a set-up man at that ridiculous salary, do you think Cashman will get a new contract and the FO go back to his game plan? Or is Cashamn finished no matter what?

Only time will tell.  I can't see throwing Soriano out there in the 8th if continues to dissappoint no matter what he makes. I feel that Robertson may even be the heir apparent to Mo.  He has demonstrated an ability to get big outs and work out of jams for awhile now.  Personally, I don't think Cashman should be fired no matter what and I don't think he will be.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Where are NHSteven, Spaceman, and Babe. Did they go AWOL or are MIA?
    Posted by Natick-Ned[/QUOTE]

I'm 4 poster entries before you; perceptive you're not.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChrisHouse. Show ChrisHouse's posts

Yeah where is the Spaceman and Babe. Are they at the Irish Haven in Brooklyn?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stormcrow7878. Show stormcrow7878's posts

Texieria? Really? That is fishing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Welcome to the Yankee pharmacy Russell Martin : Rogers Maris did it clean, although with the yankees, you never know.
    Posted by Big-Thoughts[/QUOTE]

"I definitely was a little bit careless back in those days when I was buying supplements and vitamins over the counter -- legal supplements, legal vitamins over the counter -- but I never buy steroids or use steroids"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

shhhhhhhhhhhh! you'll wake em up.  No I've been wondering the same thing, Babe was always one of those you love to hate kinda posters.  He could be very critical and illogical at times and obviously very biased but he was never dull, and it provided for great entertainment. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

No worries- Girardi will do the same. I still think he is a horrible manager.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Welcome to the Yankee pharmacy Russell Martin : so true BT, so true..
    Posted by chain-reaction[/QUOTE]

Mark David Chapman & Sybil, you have company.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingman23. Show Wingman23's posts

Martin was hurt last year idot.  Joe Torre ran Martin into the ground the last few seasons playing him behind the plate more than any other catcher in baseball.  He's been hurt and battling injuries the past 2 seasons and had not looked good at all.  before that he was a 2 time all-star and one of the top 2 or 3 catchers in the game, putting up good numbers in a pitchers ball-park.  Now he's finally healthy and playing in hitters park and taking advantage.  Red Sox were stupid to chose Salty over Martin.  They easily could have had them.  They didn't want to offer him a guaranteed contract, the Yankees did.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

Wow shocker...I post a reply to a thread that was last dealt with at 10:53 in the morning by "mikeyinqueens" and Chain-Reaction shows up and has something to say.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Natick-Ned. Show Natick-Ned's posts

No Yankees on YES tonight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response; to Welcome to the Yankee pharmacy Russell Martin:
    [QUOTE]Russell Martin hit only 5 home runs for the Dodgers last year and looked washed up.  No he comes to the Yankees and has 6 homers in 3 weeks.  Are we supposed to believe that he found the fountain of youth in the Bronx?  Or is it more likely that A-Rod introduced him to his friend, Dr. Galea?
    Posted by Smart-Perception[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]I was on here two days ago bashing Soriano after I saw him let a popup fall in the infield. I also was critical of his pitching. As I recall my brilliant perceptions were dismissed by my fellow Yankee fans who had their rose colored glasses on.
    Posted by MikeyinQueens[/QUOTE]

Hey Mikey at least we don't have the same glasses on that SmileyBeni has on about the Red Sox.....that guy is going to be SOOOOO let down when he realizes all that money that Theo spent won't get his Sox to the World Series buck up Mikey we're the Evil Empire we'll be fine.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from justbaseball. Show justbaseball's posts

On this day in 1961, Roger Maris hit his 1st of 61 home runs. Grandyson is way ahead of his pace.

Isn't Ellsbury way ahead of his pace right now also..........that must mean Ellsbury is on steroids

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]No worries- Girardi will do the same. I still think he is a horrible manager.

Robertson needs to become the 8th inning guy

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chain-reaction. Show chain-reaction's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Welcome to the Yankee pharmacy Russell Martin : Rogers Maris did it clean, although with the yankees, you never know.
    Posted by Big-Thoughts[/QUOTE]
    so true BT, so true..