1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smart-Perception. Show Smart-Perception's posts

Re: Welcome to the Yankee pharmacy Russell Martin

In Response to Re: Welcome to the Yankee pharmacy Russell Martin:
    [QUOTE]Martin has dealt with some injuries for a while hasn't he?
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]

Yes, just like how Mark McGwire dealt with some injuries in Oakland and then found the fountain of youth in St. Louis.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jh13. Show jh13's posts

So basically, this thread is about finding another name to add to the ignore list.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]The Yankees have a history of guys finding the fountain of youth and putting up career numbers in the last year of their contracts.  In 2007, AROD put up numbers comparable to what he did when he was in Texas (admitted he was on the juice in Texas).  And Posada puts up his best power numbers in the final year of his contract and hasn't done anything since. This is why PEDS became a problem in the MLB to begin with - people put their head in the sand.  Mysteriously discovering (or rediscovering) power is a sign of PEDs.  And since this isn't a court of law and because of the league's history with PEDS, suspicion is warranted. I don't blame anyone for taking PEDs.  I's take them for a 4 year $70 million contract.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

I agree that PED's are a definite problem in MLB.  The Yankees certainly have players that have been aided by PED's but so have just about every other team including the Sox. It has been mentioned in previous posts that a person would have difficulty finding a world series winning team in the last 20 years that did not have a juicer on it in. Certain posters on this forum can't stop bringing up the Yankees, but make no mistake that this is a league wide problem. I could care less about the Yanks, my main concern is the Sox.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Sounds more like sour grapes to me since we have 2 catchers, neither of which can hit or play defense, and Theo passed on Martin. Even though I told him it was a huge mistake.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

dumbazz thread

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smart-Perception. Show Smart-Perception's posts

Not only Martin apparently, but also Granderson, who is on pace to break Roger Maris AL home run record.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smart-Perception. Show Smart-Perception's posts

Welcome to the Yankee pharmacy Russell Martin

Russell Martin hit only 5 home runs for the Dodgers last year and looked washed up.  No he comes to the Yankees and has 6 homers in 3 weeks.  Are we supposed to believe that he found the fountain of youth in the Bronx?  Or is it more likely that A-Rod introduced him to his friend, Dr. Galea?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]I think we Redsox fans are not in the strongest position to complain about Yankee PED users right now. There is no reason to think that Martin or Granderson are PED users. We should give them their due. Granderson has been a class act since he came in the league and Russell Martin has shown the ability to hit for a long time now.
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]

You make a rational point. This whole post by Silly Betty  (oops, I mean his alias Dumb Obsession) is typical of his Yankee obsession. I don't think that either Martin or Granderson are on PED's anymore than Ellsbury who has hit a few home runs for us this month. Both Martin & Granderson will cool off soon.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

The Federal Investigation and trial of Bonds cost more than the 9/11 Commission. Really!

If they want to juice, who really cares. It is their testicles, not mine.

As to the OP - the conversation is so off base, it is not even funny.

Oh wait - Beckett and Dice -K have pitched excellent games back-back. They are definitely on the juice. Tongue out

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

The Yankees have a history of guys finding the fountain of youth and putting up career numbers in the last year of their contracts.  In 2007, AROD put up numbers comparable to what he did when he was in Texas (admitted he was on the juice in Texas).  And Posada puts up his best power numbers in the final year of his contract and hasn't done anything since.

This is why PEDS became a problem in the MLB to begin with - people put their head in the sand.  Mysteriously discovering (or rediscovering) power is a sign of PEDs.  And since this isn't a court of law and because of the league's history with PEDS, suspicion is warranted.

I don't blame anyone for taking PEDs.  I's take them for a 4 year $70 million contract.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chain-reaction. Show chain-reaction's posts

• Arod has been sharing the popcorn

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

So lets look at every plausible scenario that could lead to a possible Yankee allegation over PED usage, and ignore any other possible players that could possibly be using PED's by prorating their entire season based off of the first few weeks.........because if someone like Lowrie or Beckett is performing well, it can only mean they have recovered from injuries and are playing at their potential but if other people are playing well they MUST be using PED's????

this makes the most sense out of anything I have heard in here in a long time. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pkaczor. Show pkaczor's posts

Even the inmates at Guantanamo Bay wonder why Smiley has to use all these screen names.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

The Yanks were so confident that Martin would pan out that they offered him a 1 year contract.

With pitchers, PEDs add mph to the fastball and help with recovery (for relievers).  They don't help with pitch location and they don't cause a hanging curve ball to start curving.

Lowry's performance is suspect, but less so because of his age.  He isn't an aging veteran who is putting up career numbers.  And he isn't huge.

AGON is suspect because of his size - the dude is huge.  Pujols and Texeira are also on the list for the same reasons.  Pujols is also on the list because he's Dominican and so many of the really good players from the Dominican have been on the juice.

Pedroia isn't on the list because he's played like this since he was in high school.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

I think we Redsox fans are not in the strongest position to complain about Yankee PED users right now. There is no reason to think that Martin or Granderson are PED users. We should give them their due. Granderson has been a class act since he came in the league and Russell Martin has shown the ability to hit for a long time now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Martin has dealt with some injuries for a while hasn't he?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Russell Martin will not continue to hit .333 and Jed Lowrie will not be hitting .435 either.  

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Beni - those are beautiful words.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I forgot serious-work. Any more?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOU-KILL-US20. Show YOU-KILL-US20's posts

[QUOTE]dumbazz thread
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

huge sox fan here but i have to agree with you Jess. this is pretty stupid..Yell

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

SB logic 

RS perform well ---- RS are good, trust me!
    NYA perform well --- NYA are cheaters and umpires are paid to throw games
    NYA don't perform well -- Here come the title thread one-liners/slogans. 
    RS don't perform well -- Silence.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]SB logic  RS perform well ---- RS are good, trust me! NYA perform well --- NYA are cheaters and umpires are paid to throw games NYA don't perform well -- Here come the title thread one-liners/slogans.  RS don't perform well -- Silence.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

You are 100% correct.

On the other hand, I am sure that Silly or whatever name he is posting under will deny that this is true.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

hi J, it's just a comment on Lack of Perception's post on Martin, all the guys in my group of names are roughly the same age, give or take months....i was thinking since when do 27-28 year olds need to find the fountain of youth?...