1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Yankees Enter Their "Bridge Year,"

The Yankees are getting coal in the stockings - this I know.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

"I disagree, I think Crawford WAS the Yank's Plan B. Gardner is no way close to the player CC is. Theo's move was in part a strategic one to block the Yankees."--javaukti
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I love the way Crawford plays and goes about his business, but I remember a Yankee FO guy saying in early December, " Crawford's a better guy than Gardner, but at $500K, he's not 40 times better". I agree. Gardner is a special guy and at the money, who can argue that logic?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

True dat - it was smiley.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

St Louis isn't letting Pujols walk.  NYY are not done.  The other shoe(s) will drop

They NYY have bridged before, they all bridge, sometimes to a WS..what do you think Swisher is? What do you think Brosius was?  SF had bridges longer than the Golden Gate.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Thanks for bumping this thread jack-azz.... good to see that while the rest of us were looking forward to the season opener for obvious reasons you were only waiting for it to play your own game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

The Yankees exercising restraint (granted after losing out on Lee) is something to be worried about.  If they are becoming more careful about who they sign and who they don't trade, all the while retaining the largest purse in baseball, they are merely becoming even more competitive than they already were.

2011 may not be an 'easy' year for the Yankees.

2012 and beyond may have just gained momentum for them however.

I just don't see them as having 'lost' in the long run.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jb12bb. Show jb12bb's posts

Im sorry who ever started this thread should be kicked off this board.  How is a $200 plus payrool team considered in a "bridge year"?  The Yankees will be there in the end and as a true RS fan and true baseball fan, I have watched their young pitchers and I have to say I am impressed so far.  They are going to need them in a couple years because they have so much money locked up into position players.

Those empty seats in the lower bowl of Yankee Staduim is a bad sign for the financial side of the NY Yanks.  Luckily they have the YES nextwork and that is one of the only reasons they can spend like they do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Now that Hughes is down, Burnett will eventually implode - and the Yankmee's will finish in last.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

BUMP

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Sox take 2 out of 3...Beckett and BV show fire from the dugout...Miller laughs and Hershiser says inappropriate time to joke..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Gotta give the Yankees credit.  I disagree their injuries have been as severe as ours, but do agree they have played winning baseball this year.  The trade for Ichiro was smart and should help them, plus he is always fun to watch, just a classy all around player. 

The Sox just took 2 of 3 at Yankee Stadium, but got whipped badly in the one loss and really had to fight (and come back) to win the other two, 8-6 and 3-2.  When the Yankees came to Fenway right before the all star break, they took 3 of 4 by and large by bludgeoning the Sox pitching. 

Sections
Shortcuts