1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Re: Yankees Enter Their "Bridge Year,"

In Response to Re: Yankees Enter Their "Bridge Year,":
    [QUOTE]Burrito - when did you become so annoying and why? Your attempts to be like Smiley are sad. At least he is somewhat original in his insanity. This crowning of the Sox which is taking place now better actually happen come Nov., 2011. If not, I fear that the Tobin Bridge will not be able to handle the weight of all the would-be jumpers.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Jess:

As you know, I have the ultimate respect for the Yanks.  I want them to lose every game, but realize that beating them will not be easy.  There will be moments that are nail biting no matter which team is better.  That's just the way it is.  Will I be surprised if the Yanks win the division?  Nope.  I THINK the Sox will be better, but there are a ton of variables.  I have anointed no one.  I'm just ready to get started and let it unfold.  The journey is the fun part.  Most disagree, but I really enjoyed 2010 as a Sox fan.  It was rough and frustrating.  But the team competed and that is what I demand.  The titles will come once the mindset is right.  I think the 2011 Sox will have that.  But, who knows.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

The Yankees are getting coal in the stockings - this I know.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RoadWarrior-eatsworms. Show RoadWarrior-eatsworms's posts

In Response to Re: Yankees Enter Their "Bridge Year,":
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees Enter Their "Bridge Year," : The original poster who came up with this dumb thread should be embarrassed. Oh wait a minute.....
    Posted by Road-Warrior[/QUOTE]

Idiot, imbecile

I am the road warrior. Iam like don rickles only not funny.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

"I disagree, I think Crawford WAS the Yank's Plan B. Gardner is no way close to the player CC is. Theo's move was in part a strategic one to block the Yankees."--javaukti
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I love the way Crawford plays and goes about his business, but I remember a Yankee FO guy saying in early December, " Crawford's a better guy than Gardner, but at $500K, he's not 40 times better". I agree. Gardner is a special guy and at the money, who can argue that logic?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response; to Yankees Enter Their "Bridge Year,":
    [QUOTE]Here we have it folks, the money train has come to a grinding halt.  Not that management is unwilling to spend but that an entirely unexpected new development has occurred - players don't want any part of the Apple. Andy Petite is doing his best Rocket impersonation and could likely retire. Even if he does not, he is a year older and damaged goods.  Cashman even has gone public that Petite is likely gone. Cliff Lee?  Well we know what happened here. Kerry Wood?  AKA "Lights Out" walked without hesitation.  I am not even sure the Yankees were bright enough to try and keep him around. Carl Crawford?  We can assume here the Yankees never expected the Red Sox to anti up for a second helping of top dollar additions for the 2011 season. Quite certain here the Yankees figured in the end they would just sign a big check (besting Art Moreno) to ink Carl, and were in no rush to do so. Complete blind side here.  it is a Yankee tactic to never make the first offer, they find it more sporting to top offers - letting the other teams do all the work. Rivera was an obvious choice to bring back - and the perfect gentleman not to get into the mud pit over the last dollar.  Otherwise the Yankees would have messed this up too. Derek Jeter will forever have a bruised ego, and I have seen more than enough Yankee fans hold it against him for his stance in the negotiations. In all the Yankees can make all the trade deadline moves their hearts desire as they will already be 18.5 games out of the race. A bridge to nowhere?  I doubt it.  Albert Pujols will be their target for the winter of 2011-12.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

St Louis isn't letting Pujols walk.  NYY are not done.  The other shoe(s) will drop

They NYY have bridged before, they all bridge, sometimes to a WS..what do you think Swisher is? What do you think Brosius was?  SF had bridges longer than the Golden Gate.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response; to Yankees Enter Their "Bridge Year,":
    [QUOTE]Here we have it folks, the money train has come to a grinding halt.  Not that management is unwilling to spend but that an entirely unexpected new development has occurred - players don't want any part of the Apple. Andy Petite is doing his best Rocket impersonation and could likely retire. Even if he does not, he is a year older and damaged goods.  Cashman even has gone public that Petite is likely gone. Cliff Lee?  Well we know what happened here. Kerry Wood?  AKA "Lights Out" walked without hesitation.  I am not even sure the Yankees were bright enough to try and keep him around. Carl Crawford?  We can assume here the Yankees never expected the Red Sox to anti up for a second helping of top dollar additions for the 2011 season. Quite certain here the Yankees figured in the end they would just sign a big check (besting Art Moreno) to ink Carl, and were in no rush to do so. Complete blind side here.  it is a Yankee tactic to never make the first offer, they find it more sporting to top offers - letting the other teams do all the work. Rivera was an obvious choice to bring back - and the perfect gentleman not to get into the mud pit over the last dollar.  Otherwise the Yankees would have messed this up too. Derek Jeter will forever have a bruised ego, and I have seen more than enough Yankee fans hold it against him for his stance in the negotiations. In all the Yankees can make all the trade deadline moves their hearts desire as they will already be 18.5 games out of the race. A bridge to nowhere?  I doubt it.  Albert Pujols will be their target for the winter of 2011-12.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Thanks for bumping this thread jack-azz.... good to see that while the rest of us were looking forward to the season opener for obvious reasons you were only waiting for it to play your own game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

The Yankees exercising restraint (granted after losing out on Lee) is something to be worried about.  If they are becoming more careful about who they sign and who they don't trade, all the while retaining the largest purse in baseball, they are merely becoming even more competitive than they already were.

2011 may not be an 'easy' year for the Yankees.

2012 and beyond may have just gained momentum for them however.

I just don't see them as having 'lost' in the long run.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Now that Hughes is down, Burnett will eventually implode - and the Yankmee's will finish in last.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

BUMP

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Sox take 2 out of 3...Beckett and BV show fire from the dugout...Miller laughs and Hershiser says inappropriate time to joke..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Gotta give the Yankees credit.  I disagree their injuries have been as severe as ours, but do agree they have played winning baseball this year.  The trade for Ichiro was smart and should help them, plus he is always fun to watch, just a classy all around player. 

The Sox just took 2 of 3 at Yankee Stadium, but got whipped badly in the one loss and really had to fight (and come back) to win the other two, 8-6 and 3-2.  When the Yankees came to Fenway right before the all star break, they took 3 of 4 by and large by bludgeoning the Sox pitching.