1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: Yankees put RHP Hughes on DL with ‘dead arm’

I wish we only had one dead arm to deal with.  We have 25 dead bodies.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

Since when is 'dead arm' a legit reason to be put on the DL?

Not that I am against it in this case...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FRGL27Rings. Show FRGL27Rings's posts

Yankees put RHP Hughes on DL with ‘dead arm’

Associated Press
    N
    EW YORK - The New York Yankees have put struggling starter Phil Hughes on the 15-day disabled list with what the team calls a "dead arm."

The Yankees made the move before Friday night’s game against Texas. Right-hander reliever Lance Pendleton was promoted from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

Hughes has been hit hard in all three of his starts this season and not been able to maintain his velocity. The righty had not gotten through the fifth inning in any of his outings, and there is no timetable for when he might pitch again for the Yankees.

Hughes was 18-8 last season. Bartolo Colon, who won the AL Cy Young Award in 2005 and has been in New York’s bullpen this season, will take Hughes’ spot in the rotation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Dead arm?  I never buy into that crap...  More like sh*i*t arm.  Maybe the Sox can learn something and do the same with Dice-K.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Anybody who has watched Hughes pitch in 2010 and watched him this season knows that something is not right. Pitchers don't wake-up one day and just misplace their abilities.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChrisHouse. Show ChrisHouse's posts

The Yankee forums will be loaded with posters blaming the pitching coach and Girardi for overusing Hughes last year. Remember how this forum was monopolized by the Farrell and Tito bashers last year. For some reason the Yankee regulars here never bad mouth their team but our regulars are always bashing everything Red Sox.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chain-reaction. Show chain-reaction's posts

In Response to Re: Yankees put RHP Hughes on DL with ‘dead arm’:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees put RHP Hughes on DL with ‘dead arm’ : Hows Buchholz look?
    Posted by mikeyinthebronx[/QUOTE]
    better than joba hughes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from justbaseball. Show justbaseball's posts

hey chain-reaction, I haven't seen your friend Mr. Beni, has he been around at all lately.  Seems like since getting swept by Tampa that he is not here.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.