1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NegativeTrollsAbound. Show NegativeTrollsAbound's posts

Re: yankees will win it all

all you have to say to Yankee fans is:

AJ Burnett
    Colon
    Garcia
    Hughes

How's it look after CC if/when you make the playoffs?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

To The Babe, I wasn't the first to bring up the past history of anything or team, only responding to the thread,  but if you or anyone brings up the fact of 27 rings or a historical event that happened, then you must also acknowledge the history for and against your team.
    You seem to me a person who just wants to riducle other's and their choice of teams to root for.
    Sports and baseball should be a way for each one of us to relax and enjoy the team of our choice, not to make fun[unless good natured] of those who don't root for your team. That to me is foolish and childless which you appear to be, as I have read your posts for a while now, and most seem to be bent on puffing yourself up while trying to tear down other's. If you or any Yankee fan wanted[s] to talk about any subject and want to disagree, that's fine with me, but we should always do  most of our bantering back and forth in good nature. Of course a little gloating is good for anyone, but to be abusive is going a little to far. 
    I always try to treat others the way I woulf want them to treat me. You should try to do the same.  If you are a adult, try growing up on the keyboard, if you are still a child, then today would be a good day to start the growing process. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

What a bunch of foolishness, no facts behind this post, just a Yankee fan realizing that just possibly his team may not be good enough to win it all, so let's bring out the fact of 27 rings and the times the Yankee's beat the Sox to give us that warm fuzzy feeling. Guess the Yankee collaspe of 2004 doesn't mean anything[still the only team in ML history to lose after having a 3to 0 lead.]
    C ome on folks let's enjoy the season and root for our teams like the mature adults we are suppose to be.

We all know the history of our teams, how many times they have won or lost, but to keep throwing up the line of 27 rings is riduculus.  I's 71 years old and while I have lived thru many of those championships and admired those Yankee's teams, it in no way has anything to do with the pennant race of 2011. Golly a few of these Yankee fans get on this board and are just down right foolish.  Thanks to the true Yankee fans on this board who can good naturely kid us Sox fans and still be objective in their thought's.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Go to threadTampa Bay is not going away

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3a8944dcb9-be32-44f5-9cb5-6c4f80c1a4d1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

unrelated but strange nugget...just looked at the standings, while 12.5 games out, the Jays are the only team in our division that have played over 100 games...due to some rainouts(and their dome) i guess...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpanther98. Show bigpanther98's posts

Please, all people here, stop saying "we" as if you played third base on the team and won the championships and have a ring at home. The Yankees, Sox, whomever won their rings with nothing having to do with you. So, brash "we have this many versus yours" is stupid because you have zero. You have zero.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/24/sports/baseball/kei-igawa-the-lost-yankee.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpanther98. Show bigpanther98's posts

There's plenty of footage I'd love to watch. Air the game when Clemens mouthed "%$#& you" to the home plate umpire, that was Clemens at his worst (almost) behavior, Pedro's stellar outings, including the run-in with the Rays, any games from the 80s (I'd love to watch at-bats of Evans, Boggs, Rice, Greenwell, Reed, Barrett, etc.), games featuring Oil Can's antics, just cool stuff that I would watch in a heartbeat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

In Response to Re: yankees will win it all:
    the more nervous I get, because you know Sabathia will be tough in October.
    Posted by Celtics1986

7-4 4.66 ERA in the postseason including 0-2 vs. Sox.  He's not scarier than anyone else.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

In Response to Re: yankees will win it all : Quick question - how many MLB teams have lost a playoff series down 3-0?
    Posted by qball369

Awww, SNAP!  Money mouth

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe----. Show The--Babe----'s posts

In Response to Re: yankees will win it all : That "More Days in First" trophy must be awesome.

Posted by niz-58

Again you missed the point completely,but I am sure you are used to it by now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Re: yankees will win it all : Well little peter, we can see reading comprehension is not one of your strong points (not sure that you even have one). He clearly said "mid October" in his first sentence. Run along now little peter.
    Posted by -The--Babe----------

Sorry but I do not run from Trolls like you LITTLE BABE. So run along yourself back to what ever hole you need to climb back into.

Atleast the vast majority of Yankee fans are decent folks just like Red Sox fans and most Yankee fans that post to Boston.com don't feel the need to come on our site to post stupidity like you. It's TROLLS like you who post nothing but garbage that ruin it the rest of us who want to post intelligent conversation even if we disagree.

So you punk, I'm blocking your posts from now on as you're not worth my wasting my time answering. I could continue to banter back and forth and hurl insults back at you, but by doing so I'm bringing myself down to your level which I refuse to do any longer. BYE BYE forever !!  

Hetchinspete.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: yankees will win it all : At least most of us have a better command of the language than you. That's "you're" genius. "true facts" as opposed to untrue facts?
    Posted by MikeNagy
    hey Mike...is that the same as "true lies"?...Tongue out

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe----. Show The--Babe----'s posts

That just proves the Yanquis are the greatest.    Not only can they count to 27.   But they have the best chokes in history too.    Even though they try to forget ...

Posted by SinceYaz

I didn't realize it was a choke, I just thought the better team won.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe----------. Show -The--Babe----------'s posts

In Response to Re: Typical yankmee fan....Ohhhh we have 27 Championships...Wonder how many he was alive for....They have bought everyone since 1978 when free agancy started....What a bunch of losers.....
    Posted by Sox504

I must have missed the part where the sawx players in '04 & '07 played for free.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

wait didnt the yankees blow 4 straight alcs games in a row in 2004? something that has never happened before? id have been embarrassed to be a yankees fan that year =D
    Posted by BoSox1918
    BS1918, you gotta take the good with the bad, i'll bet you weren't any less a Sox fan after 1978, while it appeared unfathomable, it indeed happened, bottom line..Sox got it done, Yanks didn't...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Re: Typical yankmee fan....Ohhhh we have 27 Championships...Wonder how many he was alive for....They have bought everyone since 1978 when free agancy started....What a bunch of losers.....
    Posted by Sox504

Hi Sox404, 

I understand your point about the Yankees buying their team but the Red Sox budget is usually the second highest in MLB and if John Henry had the fiscal rescources that the Yankees have he'd probably match them dollar for dollar. Just my hunch !!

Hetchinspete.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Yeah, but it seems every year if the top two guys come thru big, it takes pressure off the lesser guys and you get a situation like last year when the Baumgartner kid for San Francisco stepped up.
    Posted by Celtics1986

Or when a kid with the last name of Beckett helped defeat a certain NY team....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

In Response to Re: yankees will win it all : hey Mike...is that the same as "true lies"?...
    Posted by jete02fan

Hey Jete, I guess so. Undecided

That was a pretty good movie with Arnie.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In Response to yankees will win it all:
    this is our year.  red sux will choke in the end just like they did in the home run durby, and in 78.
    Posted by ykfan

Nice spelling "Durby"???? LMAO

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

To TheBabe, I'm still waiting for your history lesson on baseball.  Anyone who peofesses to know more than most would be willingly and honored to enlighten us on this board with their knowledge. Maybe just maybe you really know nothing about baseball, just like to riducle others. Put up or shut up.
    Posted by peanutandme

He has to check facts with his plastic girlfriend.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Three games out and fading fast, the elderly in the line-up are only hitting one thing this season and that is the DL. Bye Yankees, bye.
    Posted by BurritoT

If you say so, then it must be true.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dentris. Show dentris's posts

In Response to Re: yankees will win it all : Tell me again about the sawx 12th championship........
    Posted by -The--Babe----------

I wonder if any sox fan was preening around like a little kid way back in 1920 saying "We've won 5 and NY has none!" How foolish.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

Not this year wont see #28, congrats on 27 though.
    Posted by bobbysu

You won't see #7 this year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

In Response to Re: yankees will win it all : my comments were all true facts..the only idiotic thing is you people thinking that your better than us. we won 27 rings. how many you got?
    Posted by ykfan

What an absolutely ridiculous argument.  It seems to me this is about THIS year, and not all the others.  It's not like the Yanks get to claim any more victories because they have the most championships.  What would they do?  "We want to upgrade this year, so we will use four of our trophies and convert them, so we can take that and claim victory this year!"

I can tell my son I am better than him at baseball because I have 27 homeruns in my life, and he only has a couple in his first years of playing.  What difference does it make what is in the past?

Look at who's in first.  Look at the records since May.  Look at a lot of things.  The Sox are better than the Yanks right now.  Might be the rest of the year.  Head-to-head:  who is better?  Stats mean nothing, just look at the W-L record for THIS year.

Sections
Shortcuts