1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoSox1918. Show BoSox1918's posts

Re: yankees will win it all

wait didnt the yankees blow 4 straight alcs games in a row in 2004? something that has never happened before? id have been embarrassed to be a yankees fan that year =D

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

This topic reminds me of the a Celtic forum with Lakers saying that they have been the better team in the past 20+ years despite Celtics having won more championships and more also vs. the Lakers.

However, rather than saying we've had more championships lately than the New Yorkers I cite the topic "Yankees will win it all" infers this year !!!  All those teams that won championships in the past, albeit more than the Red Sox won, ain't around to win it this year.

We are a better team this year, today, currently and athough I'm a senior citizen and appreciate what teams in various sports have done in previous years, decades etc., that is yesterday's newspaper, history etc. So, as a fan wanting to watch our team this year, presently, I'm most interested in winning this year and believe we, not the Yankees, will do so.

Mea Culpa if I beat a dead horse but the Yankee fan may have needed some repetition for my comments to sink in ! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: yankees will win it all:
    [QUOTE]wait didnt the yankees blow 4 straight alcs games in a row in 2004? something that has never happened before? id have been embarrassed to be a yankees fan that year =D
    Posted by BoSox1918[/QUOTE]BS1918, you gotta take the good with the bad, i'll bet you weren't any less a Sox fan after 1978, while it appeared unfathomable, it indeed happened, bottom line..Sox got it done, Yanks didn't...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, but it seems every year if the top two guys come thru big, it takes pressure off the lesser guys and you get a situation like last year when the Baumgartner kid for San Francisco stepped up.
    Posted by Celtics1986[/QUOTE]

Or when a kid with the last name of Beckett helped defeat a certain NY team....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In Response to yankees will win it all:
    [QUOTE]this is our year.  red sux will choke in the end just like they did in the home run durby, and in 78.
    Posted by ykfan[/QUOTE]

Nice spelling "Durby"???? LMAO

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In a previous post responding to us being Red Flops & Red Sux, I brought attention to 2004 which was the epitome of a team choking & flopping as we came back from 0-3 to win 4 in a row which has never been done in baseball.

But I wish to bring to the attention of Babe, ykfan etc. the 2007 playoffs. We beat LA in the first series 3-0, a team the Yankees have had extreme difficulty with in playoffs. Then we were down 1-3 to Cleveland and Sabathia had a chance for the Indians to celebrate on their home field but he choked and Beckett didn't.  We went on to win 3 in a row and then on to beat Colorado 4-0 in the World Series.

I also said previously that Sabathia is the Yankees best pitcher but with Beckett,  Lester performing well again---we'll see tonight and Buchholz returning, I believe we have a better starting pitching staff although the Yankees are still dangerous & very formidable offensively. One big key is to be ahead at game's end so Mariano Rivera doesn't come in to preserve a save. But, regarding fearing Sabathia, we own him !!!

We beat him 3 times this year:  

April 10    4-0
    May14      6-0
    June 9      8-3

So, it is most likely we'll face New York this year in the playoffs and the only thing I fear is based on our 8-1 team record to date and 3-0 vs. Sabathia that the law of averages could kick in a we'd lose a game or two.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe----. Show The--Babe----'s posts

[QUOTE]That just proves the Yanquis are the greatest.    Not only can they count to 27.   But they have the best chokes in history too.    Even though they try to forget ...

Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize it was a choke, I just thought the better team won.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe----------. Show -The--Babe----------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Typical yankmee fan....Ohhhh we have 27 Championships...Wonder how many he was alive for....They have bought everyone since 1978 when free agancy started....What a bunch of losers.....
    Posted by Sox504[/QUOTE]

I must have missed the part where the sawx players in '04 & '07 played for free.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

It will come down to the same thing it always does.

Who has the two pitchers who will pitch better in Money time?

Lester and Beckett
    Sabathia and Colon
    Lincecum and Cain
    Halliday and Lee

My money is on Halliday and Lee, but the sox have a legit shot if Beckett stays healthy...cross the fingers.

Also, the more Colon keeps doing this the more nervous I get, because you know Sabathia will be tough in October.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sox504. Show Sox504's posts

In Response to Re: Typical yankmee fan....Ohhhh we have 27 Championships...Wonder how many he was alive for....They have bought everyone since 1978 when free agancy started....What a bunch of losers.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the MLB Champion is coming out of the NL in Philadelphia. Addition of Pence improved a potent lineup, now add possibly three of the top 10 best pitches in all of baseball and the Phillies are having the next parade.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

Only way Yankees win IS IF THERE ON THERE DRUGS AGAIN 
    So far Boston has played them  9 times BOSTON  NOT ny WON 8 OF THE 9 TIMES

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Babe...Is that you Leon?

Sections
Shortcuts