yankees will win it all

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe----------. Show -The--Babe----------'s posts

Re: yankees will win it all

In Response to Re: yankees will win it all:
    [QUOTE]It will come down to the same thing it always does. Who has the two pitchers who will pitch better in Money time? Lester and Beckett Sabathia and Colon Lincecum and Cain Halliday and Lee My money is on Halliday and Lee, but the sox have a legit shot if Beckett stays healthy...cross the fingers. Also, the more Colon keeps doing this the more nervous I get, because you know Sabathia will be tough in October.
    Posted by Celtics1986[/QUOTE]

Excellent point.

But after the 2009 postseason with the Yanks winning it all with basically 2 starters, didn't the league change the schedules so teams would have to use 3 starters in the playoffs?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yankees will win it all : LOL....I know the history of the game and the history of red flops' excuses.
    Posted by -The--Babe----------[/QUOTE]

Good come back.  Where is your binky?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]The OP does have a valid point when he says we think we are better than him. I know I do.
    Posted by habsno17[/QUOTE]

While that may be true, habsno, it's nothing to be very proud of.  You're really setting the bar pretty low.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yankees will win it all : my comments were all true facts..the only idiotic thing is you people thinking that your better than us. we won 27 rings. how many you got?
    Posted by ykfan[/QUOTE]

At least most of us have a better command of the language than you. That's "you're" genius.

"true facts" as opposed to untrue facts?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yankees will win it all : Again you missed the point completely,but I am sure you are used to it by now.
    Posted by The--Babe----[/QUOTE]

The only point you've got is on top of your head.
    How's that whole "the red flops should watch out for the Rays" working out?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Babe, we just had the Bruins win the cup ... spent a ton of time watching THAT on NESN.  Not much but Yankee reruns on YES during the Winter... and yet they rake in huge money.  Certainly suggests some type of fan compulsion.  Some sick OCD driving fans to watch Yankee baseball every free second.  Suckers.

If you subscribe to NESN they will show you the first place team, not the second place team ... so it is a much better deal. 

NESN = 1st place team, won 8 of 9 against Yanks.  

YES = 2nd place team, lost 8 of 9 to Sox

Which  station would you rather watch, the winner's or the loser's?     Unless you are OCD and stay up all night watching heart warming stories of why Yogi had bad breath or Martin was a lush. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

A silly OP at this juncture, but in fact the Yankees could win it all.  Right now MLB has never been more balanced in terms of which league or even which division wins the whole darn thing.  Last year the Yankees and Phillies should have been in the WS, but in fact it was Texas and San Francisco.  The Phillies won it all in 2008, a big surprise to me, but they have been back in the playoffs every year since, but can't seem to win another.  With those three golden starters, this could be their year.  But a lot can happen.

If Beckett, Buchholz, and Lester are all three healthy and throwing well, this could also be the Sox year.  But that's a pretty  big "if" in view of lat muscles, back muscles, knees, etc.  Health, the final frontier. 

And so on and so on.  I am fine with this because it's good for MLB.  8 teams get into the playoffs, and the wild cards have as good a shot as anyone. 

As for who gets into the playoffs, it sure looks like the Sox, Yankees, Rangers and almost anyone (except KC) from the AL Central Division for the AL.  In the NL, it looks like Philly, Atlanta, San Francisco, and any one of four teams (St Louis, Cincinatti, Milwaukee, and Pittsburgh) from the NL Central Division. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yankees will win it all : That "More Days in First" trophy must be awesome.
    Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]

He's using NASCAR credits ....

And he can only turn one way, too.

Red Sox sites ....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yankees will win it all : LOL....I know the history of the game and the history of red flops' excuses.

Babe or what ever name you take, atleast Jim Davis and others on this site still refuse to insult the Yankees by name calling like you do when you refers to our team as the Red Flops. We are aware of the successful history of the Yankees and respect it, which issomething you do seem to be capable of, that is respecting the competition. 

Despite my insulting people like you for coming on Boston.com with your idiotic banter, I've never had the need to post to a NY Yankee site insulting your team, so I'm not sure what your issues are that make you need to come on Boston.com to insult the Red Sox and fans.

Hetchinspete.

Hetchinspete  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yankees will win it all : LOL....and since nesn started back in the 1980's the Yanks have been in first a heckuva lot more than the red flops. What did you watch on nesn then? What did you watch last year?
    Posted by The--Babe----[/QUOTE]

Do you have the year by year figures on # of days in first place since 1984? Please post your worksheet and sources so that we can determine your credibility or are you merely trolling?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

This thread is about as sensible as a "who had more players on PED's" thread...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe----. Show The--Babe----'s posts

[QUOTE]Babe, we just had the Bruins win the cup ... spent a ton of time watching THAT on NESN.  Not much but Yankee reruns on YES during the Winter... and yet they rake in huge money.  Certainly suggests some type of fan compulsion.  Some sick OCD driving fans to watch Yankee baseball every free second.  Suckers. If you subscribe to NESN they will show you the first place team, not the second place team ... so it is a much better deal.  NESN = 1st place team, won 8 of 9 against Yanks.   YES = 2nd place team, lost 8 of 9 to Sox Which  station would you rather watch, the winner's or the loser's?     Unless you are OCD and stay up all night watching heart warming stories of why Yogi had bad breath or Martin was a lush. 

Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

LOL....and since nesn started back in the 1980's the Yanks have been in first a heckuva lot more than the red flops. What did you watch on nesn then? What did you watch last year?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

In Response to yankees will win it all:
    [QUOTE]this is our year.  red sux will choke in the end just like they did in the home run durby, and in 78.
    Posted by ykfan[/QUOTE]

Well, technically, everything in your post is OPINION at this point, as nothing can be proven as true or untrue, and is just a belief.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yankees will win it all : So do red flops' fans get NESN for free to not have much history to watch?

Quick question - how many MLB teams have lost a playoff series down 3-0?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]To TheBabe, I'm still waiting for your history lesson on baseball.  Anyone who peofesses to know more than most would be willingly and honored to enlighten us on this board with their knowledge. Maybe just maybe you really know nothing about baseball, just like to riducle others. Put up or shut up.
    Posted by peanutandme[/QUOTE]

He has to check facts with his plastic girlfriend.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dentris. Show dentris's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yankees will win it all : Tell me again about the sawx 12th championship........

I wonder if any sox fan was preening around like a little kid way back in 1920 saying "We've won 5 and NY has none!" How foolish.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from habsno17. Show habsno17's posts

The OP does have a valid point when he says we think we are better than him. I know I do.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]Not this year wont see #28, congrats on 27 though.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

You won't see #7 this year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

[QUOTE]the more nervous I get, because you know Sabathia will be tough in October.
    Posted by Celtics1986[/QUOTE]

7-4 4.66 ERA in the postseason including 0-2 vs. Sox.  He's not scarier than anyone else.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe----. Show The--Babe----'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yankees will win it all : That "More Days in First" trophy must be awesome.

Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]

Again you missed the point completely,but I am sure you are used to it by now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

The Yankees are the favorite, the clear favorite to win the wild card. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

This year's World Series will be the Red Sox vs. Braves.

I have a feeling that Atlantia will make a huge move come July 31st and beat Philly in the NLCS. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yankees will win it all : Well little peter, we can see reading comprehension is not one of your strong points (not sure that you even have one). He clearly said "mid October" in his first sentence. Run along now little peter.

Sorry but I do not run from Trolls like you LITTLE BABE. So run along yourself back to what ever hole you need to climb back into.

Atleast the vast majority of Yankee fans are decent folks just like Red Sox fans and most Yankee fans that post to Boston.com don't feel the need to come on our site to post stupidity like you. It's TROLLS like you who post nothing but garbage that ruin it the rest of us who want to post intelligent conversation even if we disagree.

So you punk, I'm blocking your posts from now on as you're not worth my wasting my time answering. I could continue to banter back and forth and hurl insults back at you, but by doing so I'm bringing myself down to your level which I refuse to do any longer. BYE BYE forever !!  

Hetchinspete.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanthadon508. Show seanthadon508's posts

not really! you have to go through the sox first and last time I checked the yankees have won 1 game against them this season

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yankees will win it all : At least most of us have a better command of the language than you. That's "you're" genius. "true facts" as opposed to untrue facts?
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]hey Mike...is that the same as "true lies"?...Tongue out