Discussions for next year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Discussions for next year

We need to discuss next year now. I know there has been some disenchantment with a few issues. So to start the discussion - 

What categories?
    Do we continue head to head or use cumulitive numbers instead?
    What minimums can we institute in the pitching categories? 
    Why are we counting BoB as a pitching category when we already have whip?
    Drafting postitions depending on protected players (This really irks me)?
    Do we institute a franchise cost and transacction fee? If people are investing their money, they may stay engaged in the league up to the time when they know they are out of it. And then they can make trades for future conisderations.

Now is the time to figure it out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Re: Discussions for next year

What categories?

R HR RBI SB BB K AVG OPS | W L SV K HLD ERA WHIP QS

Do we continue head to head or use cumulitive numbers instead?

H2H

What minimums can we institute in the pitching categories?

Why reinvent the wheel?  Why not go with the Yahoo standard of 7 IP? 

Why are we counting BoB as a pitching category when we already have whip?

Same reason we're counting hits when we have AVG.

Drafting postitions depending on protected players (This really irks me)?

I'm fine with removing this for keepers following the 2013 season.

Do we institute a franchise cost and transacction fee? If people are investing their money, they may stay engaged in the league up to the time when they know they are out of it. And then they can make trades for future conisderations.

I'm fine with this as well, but it would most likely mean that we'd need to replace more than 4 managers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Also,

We should add a 2nd DL spot, settle on a max number of keepers and add a 2nd UTIL spot (staying consistent with Yahoo standards).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Definetly head to head.

I actually like draft positions dependent on protected players.

Fine with franchise cost/tramsaction fee.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Ok with Head to head and definitely a 2nd DL spot.

I will once again protest this drafting situation next year. We all protect 4 players, if it is a 21 man roster, then there are 17 official rounds and it goes from last place to first place and it doesn't matter what players you protect. No snaking, and no penalizing if your player was picked early in the draft. Makes no sense to me. That would be like taking the Pats forst 5 round pickss away because they have Tom Brady.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

I think
      1) 2nd DL Spot is a Must
      2) Head to Head
      3) Daily Lineups with same day playing (because you never know who the manager decides to give players a "Rest" Day)
      4) Draft order according to this years finish is fine as long as it's the same type as this season's. That is, flipping positions at the end of each round. Snaking I guess it's called otherwise there is to much disparity in the numbers.
      5) No penalties for protected players
      6) Expand Rosters to 23 Players
      7) I would add Errors or hitting into DP or both to the offensive side and possibly Innings Pitched (40 Max for catagory scoring) and or Pick offs to the pitching side. I'm for any stat that is a positive for pitching and negative for the offense side that makes the balance between them more equal.
      8) With the expanded rosters I'm ok with transaction fees as long as we're talking fees that are reasonable, like maybe a quarter each or 6 a week free and a $1.00 each after that.  I'm not John Henry !! LOL
      9) I'm ok with extra utility guy 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Discussions for next year:
    [QUOTE] I think   1) 2nd DL Spot is a Must   2) Head to Head   3) Daily Lineups with same day playing (because you never know who the manager decides to give players a "Rest" Day)   4) Draft order according to this years finish is fine as long as it's the same type as this season's. That is, flipping positions at the end of each round. Snaking I guess it's called otherwise there is to much disparity in the numbers.   5) No penalties for protected players   6) Expand Rosters to 23 Players   7) I would add Errors or hitting into DP or both to the offensive side and possibly Innings Pitched (40 Max for catagory scoring) and or Pick offs to the pitching side. I'm for any stat that is a positive for pitching and negative for the offense side that makes the balance between them more equal.   8) With the expanded rosters I'm ok with transaction fees as long as we're talking fees that are reasonable, like maybe a quarter each or 6 a week free and a $1.00 each after that.  I'm not John Henry !! LOL   9) I'm ok with extra utility guy 
    Posted by ALaGatorAL[/QUOTE]

I disagree - there should be a disparity in the draft. There is a reason the Sox and NY have not had many high round draft picks these last 10 years. The draft should favor the weaker teams. And weaker teams are based on the previous years standings.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

1.  Keep the league free.  Let's not try and force interest.  You're more likely to see several last minute drop outs.
    2.  Extra DL ad 2 more roster spots. 
    3. League play can be as it was this year, if an extra Util position is added, fine with me.
    4.  Possible to get more RP and/or P slots?  While I enjoy the trick of getting saves and holds with 2 RP slots and 1 P slot, it's not an easy task.  It probably won't help as much as I think, becuase there are only 30 closers at any given week anyway.
    5.  Position slots lost for keepers!  Do I keep Upton or take a 1st round pick?
    6. Min or Max IP is fine.  Drop K and BB for hitters and drop L and BB for pitchers.  Without the negative categories, the advantage of "RP Only" innings is not there.
    7.  Add "Cycles" for hitters and "No-Hitters" for pitchers, just because no one else ever has them.
    8. I would not mind defensive categories.  E and DP?  Assists? PO?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]1.  Keep the league free.  Let's not try and force interest.  You're more likely to see several last minute drop outs. 2.  Extra DL ad 2 more roster spots.  3. League play can be as it was this year, if an extra Util position is added, fine with me. 4.  Possible to get more RP and/or P slots?  While I enjoy the trick of getting saves and holds with 2 RP slots and 1 P slot, it's not an easy task.  It probably won't help as much as I think, becuase there are only 30 closers at any given week anyway. 5.  Position slots lost for keepers!  Do I keep Upton or take a 1st round pick? 6. Min or Max IP is fine.  Drop K and BB for hitters and drop L and BB for pitchers.  Without the negative categories, the advantage of "RP Only" innings is not there. 7.  Add "Cycles" for hitters and "No-Hitters" for pitchers, just because no one else ever has them. 8. I would not mind defensive categories.  E and DP?  Assists? PO?
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

I like all suggestiong except the defensive categories if for no other reason than it makes my head hurt.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

[QUOTE]1.  Keep the league free.  Let's not try and force interest.  You're more likely to see several last minute drop outs. 2.  Extra DL ad 2 more roster spots.  3. League play can be as it was this year, if an extra Util position is added, fine with me. 4.  Possible to get more RP and/or P slots?  While I enjoy the trick of getting saves and holds with 2 RP slots and 1 P slot, it's not an easy task.  It probably won't help as much as I think, becuase there are only 30 closers at any given week anyway. 5.  Position slots lost for keepers!  Do I keep Upton or take a 1st round pick? 6. Min or Max IP is fine.  Drop K and BB for hitters and drop L and BB for pitchers.  Without the negative categories, the advantage of "RP Only" innings is not there. 7.  Add "Cycles" for hitters and "No-Hitters" for pitchers, just because no one else ever has them. 8. I would not mind defensive categories.  E and DP?  Assists? PO?
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

Notin, I agree 100% with keeping the league free.  I play for fun, not money, and I think I would end up leaving if there are transactions fees, etc.  I'm just not interested in doing things that way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Freeeeeee !!!!!  I agree. We need a commissioner first.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In response to jesseyeric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ok with Head to head and definitely a 2nd DL spot.

I will once again protest this drafting situation next year. We all protect 4 players, if it is a 21 man roster, then there are 17 official rounds and it goes from last place to first place and it doesn't matter what players you protect. No snaking, and no penalizing if your player was picked early in the draft. Makes no sense to me. That would be like taking the Pats forst 5 round pickss away because they have Tom Brady.

[/QUOTE]

Poor example, since Brady was a late round pick by the Pats.  That being said, I'm fine with having keepers not cost draft picks going forward (after the 2013 season).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

And I'm on board with keeping it free.