Yankee Fan still Rolling

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Yankee Fan still Rolling

The lone NY fan is still at sitting in 1st place in the BDC league and RSN is on the warpath over this. Tongue Out

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: Yankee Fan still Rolling

In Response to Yankee Fan still Rolling:
    [QUOTE]The lone NY fan is still at sitting in 1st place in the BDC league and RSN is on the warpath over this.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

There are 2 simple reasons why you are in first place.

1. I got a late start.

2. You have not gone up against my team, which is rising to the top faster than Zaeger and Evans in 1968. 

After 2 weeks, I was in a lowly 16th place.  So close to the cellar, I could smell the rats.  3 weeks later, I am in third, and rising fast.  And, like my predecessors, Zaeger and Evans, my tenure at the top will be lengthy and remembered by all.

So back off, oh Worshipper of the Stripes of Pin.  For your meeting with doom is on the schedule, and you will be vanquished...

... in the year 2525.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Yankee Fan still Rolling:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Yankee Fan still Rolling : There are 2 simple reasons why you are in first place. 1. I got a late start. 2. You have not gone up against my team, which is rising to the top faster than Zaeger and Evans in 1968.  After 2 weeks, I was in a lowly 16th place.  So close to the cellar, I could smell the rats.  3 weeks later, I am in third, and rising fast.  And, like my predecessors, Zaeger and Evans, my tenure at the top will be lengthy and remembered by all. So back off, oh Worshipper of the Stripes of Pin.  For your meeting with doom is on the schedule, and you will be vanquished... ... in the year 2525.
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

I am waiting on your Notin - My smoke and mirrors act can go all year.

Come, join the dark side. The power can be great in you.

Now I must go dispatch Bridey of the Joe, my fellow Bronxite who is a traitor to the boro in which he lives.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

As soon as my team receives their shipments of complimentary...vitamins...I should be all set.

I need some tweaking, just not sure where yet. I think I need one more good SP.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Notin, Your rise happened because you played the 16th and 17th place teams.  It looks like a correction is in order.  I'll be happy to send you back down in the standings next week and take my rightful spot atop the standings!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

My fall from Grace was with a big thud. Joey dropped me with body shots and a right cross. Bad week for my team to go into a collective slump (Meaning Kemp) and Weaver picking last night to throw a stinker.

But that's okay, it's never good to be the pace horse in a long race. And now I have Andy - watch out!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Yankee Fan still Rolling:
    [QUOTE]But that's okay, it's never good to be the pace horse in a long race.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

There's probably 16 other people in the league who would agree with you.... I'm not one of them! Wink

This is actually my 2nd time being in 1st place in this league.  The other time coming right after week 1.  Apparently I can never have a bigger lead than a 1/2 game, so I suspect my reign will be just as short as it was the first time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

No Matt Kemp - no first place.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

No Lance Berkman.... ever.  The guy's back for a week, hits his only HR of the season coming off of the bench so he isn't in my lineup, and then tears up his knee.

Terrible.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

And then I get beat on Sunday by the guy that threw the ball that tore up Berkman's knee (ok I still won, but it would have been 11-4 instead of 11-7).