1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Friday Night Game Thread

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This season cannot end soon enough. I would guess the same will be true of next season come June.

[/QUOTE]

Where is the improvement in pitching going to come from next year? That is THE issue. We need practically a whole new staff.

Think you're being to harsh, pumpsie...this is hardly a strong line up. More AAA players than major leaguers. no papi, middlebrooks, Padroia, gonzo gone, Youk gone....and who can win without Punto;)

[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Still no edit button...hmmm..come on BDC. Its time to replace that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

This season cannot end soon enough. I would guess the same will be true of next season come June.

[/QUOTE]

Where is the improvement in pitching going to come from next year? That is THE issue. We need practically a whole new staff.

Think you're being to harsh, pumpsie...this is hardly a strong line up. More AAA players than major leaguers. no papi, middlebrooks, Padroia, gonzo gone, Youk gone....and who can win without Punto;)

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm going to go on the premise Lester had an off year and will return to form. Buch, Doubrant and Lackey, who was hurt for two years, hopefully will be back strong. 

Be that as it may, I think this team, as presently constructed, should be cut some slack. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm going to go on the premise Lester had an off year and will return to form. Buch, Doubrant and Lackey, who was hurt for two years, hopefully will be back strong. 

Be that as it may, I think this team, as presently constructed, should be cut some slack. 

[/QUOTE]

Well, they do stink, but with a reason. Half of them are AAA players. I realize that. That doesn't make them any easier to watch. I don't see next year being a lot different than this season, taken as a whole (they will obviously be better than they are now).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

They CAN be competitive next year but they need to add an ACE, another top quality starter, and another top reliever plus they need to retain Ross and Ortiz........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They CAN be competitive next year but they need to add an ACE, another top quality starter, and another top reliever plus they need to retain Ross and Ortiz........

[/QUOTE]

and another bat - Napoli would be perfect

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, they do stink, but with a reason. Half of them are AAA players. I realize that. That doesn't make them any easier to watch. I don't see next year being a lot different than this season, taken as a whole (they will obviously be better than they are now).

[/QUOTE]

I'll bet the Orioles didnt think they'd be much better this season than. last. Just never know, which makes sports so great. 

Rays 3 NYY 2 6th.  Sabathia not sharp again. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

This one's for you Pumspie.... Lucchino signed an extension yesterday. Hope that doesn't mean BV is coming back. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thats just it: who is the ace who will ride in on his white horse? I heard Matt Cain may be moved by SF because they are having trouble reaching a long term deal, but that was based on a single paper article out here near SF.  He might be that kind of player, but he would cost a fortune in prospects, and thats probably not the way to go.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

This one's for you Pumspie.... Lucchino signed an extension yesterday. Hope that doesn't mean BV is coming back. 

[/QUOTE]

Gotta visit the Sanitary Vomitorium......................................ugggggggggh.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Here is the good news: Rays 5, Bankees 2. Bottom of the 8th. If the Bankees lose and the O's win the Bankees are in sole possession of SECOND place.

Darn those LUCKY O's.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to wallyisdead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thought u were not watching you fool.

[/QUOTE]

Whatever gave you the idea that I am watching?............you fool

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

Here is the good news: Rays 5, Bankees 2. Bottom of the 8th. If the Bankees lose and the O's win the Bankees are in sole possession of SECOND place.

Darn those LUCKY O's.

[/QUOTE]

at leasr for a few hours. O's play Oakland on the West Coast. Regardless, the bigger news is Sabathia still not pitching well. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Padilla is another mediocrity who should be cut loose.   We have so many of them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Hell of a catch by Nava, btw.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Padilla is another mediocrity who should be cut loose.   We have so many of them.

[/QUOTE]

IDK, gale. Think it may be he's just been used and abused. He was good for a most of the season. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to joel49's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hell of a catch by Nava, btw.

[/QUOTE]

Hey joel. Didn't think he had a chance.. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

If we don't score here , this will surely become yet another walk-off loss.  Anyway , at least the Yankees lost.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Gomez looks like a pretty good hitter. I think he should have been the every day D.H. when Ortiz went down.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

IDK, gale. Think it may be he's just been used and abused. He was good for a most of the season. 

[/QUOTE]

Padilla has only pitched 46 innings this year.  He should be able to handle that.  His overall stats are not very good.