Red Sox To Sign Rusney Castillo- 6 yrs/$72M.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Red Sox To Sign Rusney Castillo- 6 yrs/$72M.

Ken Rosenthal: Castillo will sign with #RedSox. Report  Jesse SanchezMLB says 6 yrs/$72M.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Re: Red Sox To Sign Rusney Castillo- 6 yrs/$72M.

Jesse Sanchez/MLB

Source: Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo on track for record-setting 6-year, $72 million deal with Red Sox.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duffie33. Show Duffie33's posts

Nice we were willing to spend $12M-$24M more than anyone else - hope he is worth it 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

This move is very encouraging and all of Red Sox Nation should be pleased. He's not the stud quality player like some other recent Cuban immigrant signings, but he's an excellent baseball player well worth the $72 million contract. It is a superb "bang for the buck" acquisition that strengthens us going into 2015. We're almost assured to have either Cespedes or Castillo in the OF along with a stud signing power bat to compliment Ortiz in the line up. If we trade for Stanton, Castillo or Cespedes will be the centerpiece along with probably Owens/Renaudo and maybe Holt. If we can't nail down Stanton, (I give our chances about 50%), then we should add a power hitting 3rd baseman and think about possibly upgrading SS for a couple of years while Xander developes. Then it's on to looking for a true number one starter, because we presently have none. If we could ever get Lester to agree to a 5/$125 I'd wet me pants with glee! But I give that a 20% chance of happening. There's a lot to do yet, but our front office seems to be awake and alert, and actively looking to rebuild our beloved Red Sox to it's former greatness. I for one applaud their efforts.

Teakus-Carpe Veritatem!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Born in Cuba, defected to Haiti.  He's now the highest paid Haitian since Papa Doc.  

Why are they wasting their money again?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In response to soups' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Born in Cuba, defected to Haiti.  He's now the highest paid Haitian since Papa Doc.  

Why are they wasting their money again?

[/QUOTE]

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/red-sox-sign-rusney-castillo/

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Risky signing, idiot FO. Very bitter how they screwed Lester and give a total unknown money.