_Moved_

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: _Moved_

I just have one question, and I don't care who answers it, since I believe many were involved:

Why was an enthusiastic, die-hard Red Sox who loved to compare his team favorably against his rivals on one thread or less a week -- that he created himself under his own name, which could have easily been avoided if anyone so desired -- banned from his own team's forum?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

harness why didn't you go to the Private Group and stay there?  Admit it - the majority don't want to be in a room with like-minded bore's.  You were shocked it failed so miserably.  Shocked that nobody wants any part of the 24/7 harness show.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Yes their police state actions failed when they realized the vast majority did not want to follow the pied-piper out of the Front Burner to the preordained hallowed grounds of the Private Group.  They were few, and they were alone. 

Instead what should have been a celebration for us (the majority) turned out that we had to still put up with their bull!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Burritto i have to back up harness here. there was/is so much disruption on the board, with the thread bumping and a few posters hell bent on it, BDC suggested a private forum, since they cant ban IP addrress' to keep them out. it's not as user friendly as the main board, but they plan on updating it. they are also doing it for the other forums due to the same issues.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: _Moved_:
    [QUOTE]Poor harness, needs the closed shop. Yet, plays up the "private thread" and finds those will always be elitist ghostown echo chambers. Harness, you are the classic little dictator with a vacuous skull. Go to the private thread and avoid this outrageous idea of an open and uncensored forum. BTW, Varitek looks pitiful, even when he and his Mendoza plate work finds an acorn. He and Wakefield need to go, regardless of whether or not you idolize these tired old MLBPA acts.
    Posted by majorleague[/QUOTE]

Stop whining. You are blaming BDC for UR poor communication skills. Work on UR self-proclaimed social graces and perhaps you won't find a need to constantly alienate yourself.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

The board will be better when the banned stay banned.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Yes their police state actions failed when they realized the vast majority did not want to follow the pied-piper out of the Front Burner to the preordained hallowed grounds of the Private Group.  They were few, and they were alone.  Instead what should have been a celebration for us (the majority) turned out that we had to still put up with their bull!
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

You are licking UR wounds. Poooor baby. You have no clue as to the origin of the Private forum. It was the idea of BDC. Period. Get it? Am I getting through?

It was initiated due to the bumping issues. Anybody can post on any forum they choose. Several posters post on several forums. If you don't like it, tough sh*t.

You are whining because I hold you accountable for your BS. The latest was your cowardliness on Moon's thread. Before that, you continued to make over-blown jokes about my supposed connection to the private forum. You link two sources that expose you and cry about it on a BDC thread.
    This, despite UR  "I (you) never complain to the mods". What a croc.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]There are a few little self-annointed dictators on this Board. Nothing is more pitiful than little dictators and pleas for censorship. That is "vomit".
    Posted by majorleague[/QUOTE]

Or the useless bashing threads on here...Im sure youve read some..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

I'm not blamimg anyone for my superior communication skills. You constantly whine about posts you don't like.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I actually remember last season when I finally had enough of harness and his police-action control of the bored.  Up until then we always had a fair relationship poster to poster - fact.  Enough was enough - even with the jest election of the sheriff there was an underlying point - a few people were trying to control the board and have things the way they wanted it.

The whole point of the Private Group was because their control was failing - and yet in the end when the invitations went out the golden ones found themselves alone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

harness you can field kimsaysthis question (its the only thing you could field)... why don't you explain why you got him banned?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Harness, your friends had a few "Rubber Room" threads going for some time.  They didn't mock players, they mocked posters. You not only found nothing wrong with it, you participated in it. Is that a double-standard? Or did it matter that is was a Yankee fan and his pal?

As far as me being "needled", your friends insult me all the time. Is that needling in your book?  I think if you're a grown man who feels he is getting needled on a rival team's baseball forum, you probably need to be posting on a "Dancing with the Stars" forum.

And any poster that can go "off the deep end" from reading Beni's one thread/week about their baseball team, for whatever reason, is probably "off the deep end" to begin with.

And Beni would never return asking a poster about anything. He would just create a new thread. That sounds alot like someone who HAS HIS PIC (Zac), and is now using it to play him on the board.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

Kim, admirable attempt to help someone who needs help. Harness has serious issues.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from courier. Show courier's posts

[QUOTE]No Kim . Posters should not be allowed to say whatever they want. That's why discussion boards are monitored. The same rules apply to all. Instigators will be banned, sooner or later. Babe needles. He posts everywhere. Beni needles. He posts on his own threads. Both attract attention: A lot of attention. Both create/expose/re-enforce division. However you wish to word it. Beni is not insulting. Babe can be. But Babe will be banned either way. BDC 'quarantined Beni' during the bumping fiasco. Then they allowed him back. He had a much longer leash. Don't you think there's a double-standard there? If they reversed roles, how long would Babe last? Even if he didn't get into the gutter. Do you think it's justified if RedSox fans take advantage of posting on a REDSOX board and say whatever they want, regardless of who gets hurt? KNOWING that the mods will protect them should they become reciprocates from what they dish out? Beni posts with a fetish. Or you could call it an obsession. He gets under the skin. His prey will act accordingly. Are you blaming them for acting the way most would under those conditions? The ones who take it to extremes are simply exhibiting the same type of obsession. Example: Smelly. Example: Pike - going overboard. Example: Posters coming back in different life forms to ridicule Smiley. Example: dialog that continuously gets out of hand and ends up in the gutter. What good does it serve? FWIW: Beni has already returned. He uses a double hyphen now. Otherwise, same handle. If he continues his practice, sooner or later, he's likely to be axed again.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

FWIW: Beni has already returned. He uses a double hyphen now. Otherwise, same handle. If he continues his practice, sooner or later, he's likely to be axed again.

Harness,

Please stop it, Smiley isn`t Law. Smiley isn`t the Babe. Smiely is a very proud
    young man. Smiley is done posting on this forum. Harness, you won`t see his
    posts on this forum anymore... I give you my word.

Harness, I am just a courier, and I guarantee you 100% that Smiley Beni won`t
    start a thread on this Forum anymore.

Harness, please stop picking on a real young Red Sox fan.

Please don`t be cruel.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Where did you go Burrito?

You start a thread asking a question. But it's not in question form.
    You then change the thread title.
    Then you delete the OP.

Anytime you see your own reflection - be it in your posts or mine - you go off the deep end.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I may not have that option?  Why are you the Head Master of the Private Group?  Are you the gold standard?

Just one more statement by you that solidifies an all too common belief your a BDC whip.

Patsy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I actually remember last season when I finally had enough of harness and his police-action control of the bored.  Up until then we always had a fair relationship poster to poster - fact.  Enough was enough - even with the jest election of the sheriff there was an underlying point - a few people were trying to control the board and have things the way they wanted it.

The whole point of the Private Group was because their control was failing - and yet in the end when the invitations went out the golden ones found themselves alone.

Buritto
    I think the private group is a good idea, especially after skimming through this thread.  It has a lot of bugs and is very, very slow.  when things improve I'm looking forward to posting on it.  There are some very good posters in that group.

If you haven't tried it don't knock itWink

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: _Moved_ : FWIW: Beni has already returned. He uses a double hyphen now. Otherwise, same handle. If he continues his practice, sooner or later, he's likely to be axed again . Harness, Please stop it, Smiley isn`t Law. Smiley isn`t the Babe. Smiely is a very proud young man. Smiley is  done posting on this forum.  Harness, you won`t see his posts on this forum anymore... I give you my word. Harness, I am just a courier, and I guarantee you 100% that Smiley Beni won`t start anymore thread on this Forum.  Harness, please stop picking on a real young Red Sox fan. Please don`t be cruel.
    Posted by courier[/QUOTE]

Prey tell, "courier", how am I being cruel? I never said Smiley was Law. I never said he was Babe. In fact, I have repeatedly said he is only himself...unless you know something I don't.

I have never, ever picked on him. I'm only telling the truth about the nature and repercussions of his threads. I happen to like him. You have a few posts, so how the hell would you know either way? If you are returning as a banned poster, man up to it.

How do you know he's a "YOUNG GUY"? If I post a pic of a young kid without a shirt, am I him? Does it mean I'm young? I hope he does return, as many miss him. I hope if he decided to return, he'd approach posting differently. Get involved in other threads. There are never enough loyal fans. I hope "he" seriously considers returning in this fashion.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]The names weren't just screen names. That's why I prefer to discuss this off the board. Beni was not directly responsible. In addition, he was not directly responsible for Smelly bumping all his threads and trying to ruin the board. He is not directly responsible for the insults to you and many others. Would any of it have occurred without his constant needling? Without his fetish to constantly divide the board? Tell me Kim, what good comes out of it? --- Harness ------------------------------------------ How can you "needle" grown men about their baseball team?  Again, my father is a man, and a Yankee fan, you can't "needle" him. They need to grow up. As far as "dividing the board" that's nonsense. There has always been a division here, it's called "DO WHAT THE YANKEE FANS APPROVE, OR YOU'RE NOT ACCEPTABLE HERE". He was in ONE THREAD - his own - per week or less. He didn't even post in other threads. He didn't impose his views on anyone else. If you can't see you're being played to make this board however they see fit, then I don't know what to tell you.  But the dynamic here is "our way or the highway". You can just look at the current posters and see if that's true or not. They like their friends, Sox fans who bash their team and those that are objective. They leave no room for fans who just love their team. Those are the ones they abuse, and keep the "bad press" going across the board. And everything you named is Yankee fans reactions to posts on a Red Sox board. Maybe those posters are the problem. Btw, still no comment on Zac's invasion of privacy. I edited it just after I posted so, I don't know if you saw it or not.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Never saw anything on Zac. Might be better discussed off the board.

Age [i.e."grown men"] has nothing to do with this. You can see for yourself how easy it is to get wrapped up in the circus atmosphere. A regression in communication leads to insults. It's occurrence is far more likely when an issue or a poster serves to create division. Visit a political forum to see it first hand.
    Or wait until Softy goes on one of his political rants. The board divides like land in an earthquake.

People end up getting hurt. Nothing good comes of it. People are people. Personality conflicts  will always be a given. In any circle. It's human nature. Subject matter and how it's presented can create division.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Harness, that's not what I said. I said posters should be allowed to say whatever they want about their rival team here . I've asked so many times now for someone to tell me where there's a Yankee board where posters are not allowed to have fun talking about the Red Sox. No answer yet. You know why?  Because there is no such Yankee board on the Internet. You want to know why that is? Because Yankee fans would tell you to get lost if you told them what to do or say on their own board.  And don't even compare Beni to Babe. Babe is a Yankee troll who hangs out 24/7 just to annoy posters. He also fills the board with his mocking, contradicting, questioning and slamming posts about the Red Sox. Babe is not on a Yankee board, no matter what your description of this board may be. As for your "double-standard" comment, that sounds alot like you believe this is and should be a neutral baseball board. Nonsense. Beni's posts are made with humor, wit and intelligence, and there are many posters who had fun posting there. At least the ones that could take a joke and didn't put on a dress everyday just to sit down in front of a computer and harass posters on their own team's board. And posters should be responsible for their own reactions, they shouldn't be rewarded for thier behavior by getting rid of the person they didn't want here. Btw, what do you mean Beni returned?  Where is his thread?
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

"Fun" can get out of hand. And from what you've told me, you witnessed it several times...first hand. You never addressed why posters took Beni's fetish seriously.
    You only said it's on them. But never on Beni. That's what I mean by a double-standard. If you put yourself in a position to be needled continuously - even if it's meant to be good-hearted - even if it's meant to witty - even if it's meant to be "fun" - how would you react?

Judging from what I've seen in UR retorts, you are getting caught up in the same whirlwind as these "grown-up men". If it's all supposed to be in "fun", why is that?
    If his threads don't bring out the "funny" side of some posters, what can you say about the nature of his threads? Is it that all these NY posters that are to blame?

I've had many exchanges with Jessey and Steve and Jete and Zac - they aren't the kind to go off the deep end without a damn good reason. Others here will tell you the same thing. So, somewhere along the line, this "fun" turned serious.

I didn't ban Beni, Kim. As you know, I've had his back when the forum turned on him. I don't like lynch-mob mentality. I know you don't either. I admire you for having his back. Just don't turn a blind eye to the repercussions of his threads.
    Despite who's fault it is, that is a primary source of origin.

I don't believe Beni is mean-spirited. I also don't believe he much cares about the ripples from his own actions. He should have given it some real thought all the time BDC had him quarantined. But he kept on his same fetish once he returned.

I don't think he wanted you to be hurt by gutter talk. But it happened.
    I don't think he wanted to be banned. But it happened. And for the same reason.
    When you and he and NY posters take this stuff seriously, things get out of hand. And there are hard feelings as a result.

To answer UR question, I saw him post around the end of the first week in May.
    He reverted back to his old Pic. He had one post. He was asking one of the posters who frequents his threads what happened. I told him. Many were glad to see him return.
    Not everybody wants him off this board. They just want to keep the dialog friendly. That's all.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Kim, nice work. Check the part of the  "courier'" post where he said please stop picking on dead young men.

He then changed it to: Please stop picking on a real young RedSox fan.

You just nailed this clown.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

That's right Kim, they mock posters at will - and have for years.  Search out harness and losmediasrojas on their "Rocks" dialogue.... it speaks to this.

Last year they ganged up on poor old EdithBunker - probably the second least harmless poster on the forum. This was actually the tipping point for me, and exactly when I decided to buck their system and call them out.

Every time harness accuses me or others for wasting space on the forum you only need to see how giddy he gets over the losmediasrojas act.  Los perhaps may be the king (not the sheriff) of posting the least about baseball - but thats okay because he gets along with harness.

los is actually a decent asset to the forum as it takes all kinds, as with beni - but los degrades beni over an over again - and yet beni is the one talking baseball.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Kim, I've addressed this once. If you want a definitive answer, ask BDC. They are good about answering e-mails on a whole.

Despite Burrito's infantile attitude, I have never advocated any banning.
    I saw people's privacy being compromised. I saw information that had no business being put on a public forum. I brought it to the attention of BDC. I suggested that a notice be issued as a deterrent. It was just a suggestion.
    I'm sure others probably saw it and did similar.
    Obviously, BDC saw this matter as being quite serious and took alternative action.

Anybody directly or indirectly connected with this flagrant breech was removed.
    I will give you my take on Smiley's part in this off the message board, if you wish. --- Harness

-------------------------------------------

You can give me your take, but Beni had nothing to do with any of this. This is solely to accommodate the Yankee crybabies who can't stand anyone saying anything negative about their favorite baseball team. I've been called alot of names here, and never reported one. And those were personal insults. I can't even wrap my brain around grown men who can't stand their baseball team insulted so much, they need to remove the poster. You can't defend that. 

And again, they were screen names that were used right on this board. Anyone who wanted to could have googled it. Hardly counts as privacy being violated. IMO 

Btw, is privacy being violated when Zac takes Beni's picture off his avatar and make it into different humiliating photos such as him as a sheep with high heels?  Is that cool?  Makes me cringe to think a middle-aged man who says "he's here for the kids" and talks in a weird haiku (when you know he can speak normally), and used to wear a pirate hat on his avatar took a pic of Beni that people thought was indecent with his shirt off, and probably still has it. Keep backing him up though.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

The names weren't just screen names. That's why I prefer to discuss this off the board.

Beni was not directly responsible.
    In addition, he was not directlyresponsible for Smelly bumping all his threads and trying to ruin the board.

He is not directly responsible for the insults to you and many others.

Would any of it have occurred without his constant needling? Without his fetish to constantly divide the board?

Tell me Kim, what good comes out of it?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

No Kim. Posters should not be allowed to say whatever they want. That's why discussion boards are monitored. The same rules apply to all. Instigators will be banned, sooner or later.

Babe needles. He posts everywhere.
    Beni needles. He posts on his own threads. Both attract attention: A lot of attention. Both create/expose/re-enforce division. However you wish to word it.

Beni is not insulting. Babe can be. But Babe will be banned either way.
    BDC 'quarantined Beni' during the bumping fiasco. Then they allowed him back. He had a much longer leash. Don't you think there's a double-standard there? If they reversed roles, how long would Babe last? Even if he didn't get into the gutter.
    Do you think it's justified if RedSox fans take advantage of posting on a REDSOX board and say whatever they want, regardless of who gets hurt? KNOWING that the mods will protect them should they become reciprocates from what they dish out?

Beni posts with a fetish. Or you could call it an obsession. He gets under the skin.
    His prey will act accordingly. Are you blaming them for acting the way most would under those conditions? The ones who take it to extremes are simply exhibiting the same type of obsession.

Example: Smelly.
    Example: Pike - going overboard.
    Example: Posters coming back in different life forms to ridicule Smiley.
    Example: dialog that continuously gets out of hand and ends up in the gutter.

What good does it serve?

FWIW: Beni has already returned. He uses a double hyphen now. Otherwise, same handle. If he continues his practice, sooner or later, he's likely to be axed again.