1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How

Thank God there is the music forum when this place goes insane.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How:
    The forum is just a joke. Harness and Moonslav know it, the trolls know it and so do the enablers know it.  The worst feature of it is the game threads which are full of trolls. When a newcomer comes in here you feel like saying to them; "What is a nice girl like you doing in a place like this?" The forum is at its low point and I see no way that is will improve. I will be leaving since I don't need or deserve the aggrevation anymore. Good riddance.
    Posted by glumandrew

Buh - bye

But as you leave, think about this for a moment. You put the word "glum" in front of your name and you have shown no sense of humor what so ever. Kind of tells you something - don't you think?

I think this forum is going to miss your cheerful approach to baseball.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : If the "rowdies" bothered me as much as much as a few posters here seem to bother you, i would "leave the bar" and find a place that is more to my liking.
    Posted by antibody

AB - I know a great bar here in NYC where you can really enjoy the Yankees.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babeinsawxland. Show Babeinsawxland's posts

In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : The idea proposed by Dottie was a new sub-forum for those who wished to talk baseball. She obviously would not want you, Garcia, and Softlaw to be part of it after all she has banned you 116 times and Softlaw 87 times. You would be happier in a forum where trolling is permitted since that is why you get banned so much. Is this too complex for you to understand? Please try to keep up.

Posted by pike

I'm all for it and don't want to be part of it. It is you who needs to keep up.

And can you answer my baseball question?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babeinsawxland. Show Babeinsawxland's posts

How many times is it necessary to come here and defend Ellsbury, Lowrie, Drew, Theo, and Tito with baseball talk? Must one do it 100 times, 50 times, or 20 times per year? Must I jump in and act like a loyal fan and repeat my lengthy dissertation every time that a troll, cynic, skeptic, or pot stirrer creates another thread or posts the same garbage as bait?

Again, last I checked this place wasn't put here strictly for your enjoyment. If other posters want to discuss those matters 10,000 times, who are you to decide they can't?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : The paragraph on Babe's bar answers your question. If you went to a bar with 10% rowdies, what would you prefer - that they leave or you leave? Why should a few ruin it for the majority? Banning them over a hundred times here isn't rectifying the problem. It is like streeting them and having them walk in with a new disguise. Banning by IP address would work but BDC doesn't know how to.
    Posted by pike

If the "rowdies" bothered me as much as much as a few posters here seem to bother you, i would "leave the bar" and find a place that is more to my liking.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : Your posts are still readable above and that is a major flaw in the use of the ignore function. The ignore function still shows your drivel when posters hit the respond to key. For all we know, you probably deleted your posts since they are nothing to be proud of, I would. Harness deleted some of his postswhen he read them later and they read like a Fort Jackson drill instructor with KKK stripes chewing out a black recruit in basic training.
    Posted by pike

This post is why you are ridiculed on this board. It is a perfect example. You make accusations that are blatantly false. Instead of accusing me of deleting my own posts, why didn't you send an email to Dottie asking them if/why they deleted those posts? That would have kept you from sticking ur foot up ur own a-s-s.

I said to you already that I never would have deleted them. I posted them for a specific reason. Ask the members of this board if I have ever lied to anybody here.
    I am not the one who has to create so many ludicrous identities to voice the same redundant dialog.

You come here - to a baseball forum - but rarely do you engage in baseball discussions. You use this place to voice ur own disturbing deeply-rooted prejudices.
    This board is a haven for labeling a sector of human beings. I honestly think your loyalty to the REdSox stems from ur being able to channel your own sense of hate through the Boston/NY rivalry.
    I've seen you attack numerous posters for not attacking NY fans/team.

I do believe you are quite familiar with KKK tactics, cross burning and white hoods.
    It is continuously earmarked in ur tone.

In this instance, you again made a wrong assumption. My three post simulation was of that of a denouncing authoritative figure. The large type represented how LOUD it was coming across. You immediately assume "boy" meant the reciprient was black, which is a cheap way to play the race card. Now, should I take a page out of ur book and couple you with Softlaw?

In my representation, never did I mention ur name, or anybody's name in it.
    You immediately responded and went of the defensive. Why? Because you saw yourself in that portrayal. And it triggered your  defense mechanism. I didn't have to say it was directed toward you. YOU KNEW IT.

I know all to well of the problems of this board. And you know all to well how hard I've tried to combat it. If I  have an issue with a poster, I deal with him/her head on. I don't start addressing the masses from a hangman's scaffolding to gain support. Nor do I create other voices. Only cowards lead lynch mobs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : Pike can't cleanse his own world, so he comes here trying to purity this one. It goes far beyond complaining with him.
    Posted by harness
    So how did the ponies treat you this year harness?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : I read your the thread yesterday where you and Moon and others say that Softlaw = BaseballGM and how you despisehim. The Wakefield threads that were bumped up today are full of references today that Softlaw / BaseballGM has the new anti-Wake fetish and that his routine has gone from Jake and Jed to Wake. Ask Moon on what he thinks of Babe, Softlaw, Law, Andrewmitch, and other trolls. Moon is a great fan, does a ton of research, is sincere, and honest and yet you seem to name Babe as your forum MVP. Why don't you bump the cream of the crop to the top instead of defending the trolls? For some reason you expect anarchy to bring us a better forum. Do you ever come here from 8-5 and see the peanut gallery? You would be a terrible moderator ( a moderator without a clue).
    Posted by pike

Pike, I never said I despised Softy. Not ever. You are filtering ur own prejudice toward me. Read Moon's (yesterday's posts) realistic thread and you'll see the exacting reason why he's fed up over the Wake threads.

Yes, Softy is anti-Wake. So is JC and plenty of others. That's hardly a reason to despise them. I don't despise anybody here. If you want to couple me with whomever you disdain, that's on you.

Countless posters have tried in vain to get you to stop bringing attention to "the peanut gallery". It only magnifies the issue. They are the ones thinking of the welfare of the board. Are they all on ur sh*t list? I'm aware of the bickering that gets out of hand. I'm aware of those who needle. I can't learn anything from it, so I ignore it. You don't. Why? Are they metaphors for your own personal grudges?

I don't want to contaminate Moon's terrific thread with this stuff, so I'll respond to ur retort here. The BS I was referring to - what you called "truth" - wasn't about yesterday. It was about all the yesterdays: All ur ill-fated attempts to clean up the trash. What you see as a noble endeavor is anything but. You only make matters worse. How many times does this have to be said before you wake up?

You aren't improving the situation at all. You are just adding gasoline to the fires. Let them burn. Seek out what you personally find of interest. Heedur own advise. 

The baseball season for the Sox starts tomorrow. I used a dramatic example yesterday to mirror ur own image. Why? Because I'm trying to do what you think you are trying to do: Clean this place up. You see Wake threads and try to use it against Softlaw, whom is clearly not one of ur favorites. You see the term "boy" and automatically think it's a reference to blacks. It's reference is far more expansive depending on where you've lived.

I don't think you're very happy with what I brought out in you. I don't blame you.
    It's not because I despise you. I don't. I've said several good things about what I think you could mean to this board. Another poster disagreed with me, to the point of offering me $$$ in the form of a wager just to question if you have actually ever posted a baseball post. But he didn't couple me with you. He didn't accuse us of being birds that flock together. Not the way you would have. That's the difference Pike. If you can't come to terms with ur own reflection, then by all means, save yourself and call me whatever you wish. Link me to whomever you want to.

I still think you could be a hell of a good poster if you so choose.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Your wasting your time becoming the troll police. They invented this thing called the internet were any jerk can just post what ever they want without anyone knowing who they were. A thread like this just adds to that aspect becuase your doing the same thing. If this is a baseball thread the topics should be about baseball not the trolls. This thread just lets them win.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

To paraphrase Yogi Berra at an old-timer's game, "Thank you for making this thread necessary."

Or not.

This is why I posted something on Dotty's thread. Internecine blah-blah should be moved to another part of the board, IMO, reserving the Front Burner for baseball talk.

Even EdithBunker got into the act with some funny faux interview stories. And they were clever, don't get me wrong, Edith.

But they weren't about baseball, per se. This problem persists and vexes us. Well, me, anyway. 

I am easily vexed.

But I digress...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

What Pike wantsais a little tidy place of some new and original baseball only talk,
    that would be a very small and boring place. I can't say I've read all his offerings, but what I associate with him is chronic complaning. It get old real fast dude. There is a medical condition for aging men that makes them grumpy old men. Perhaps he has it. Harness great job, telling it like it is, and Pike, redemption is right around the corner, in your next post.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : Please tell
    Posted by jesseyeric

Well, maybe only one now that McHale's is gone. I like Jimmy's Corner across from the Hudson Theater. There's always Prof. Thom's in The Village. At least I hope so. It's been way too long since I've been in the city.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

When I offer statistics that rub pike the wrong way, he/she often launches into a personal attack instead of offering a substantive rebuttal.

I welcome substantive contributions, but personal attacks are not conducive to an informative forum.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I know some of great bars in NYC too. A couple where you can even enjoy The Sox.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from glumandrew. Show glumandrew's posts

The forum is just a joke. Harness and Moonslav know it, the trolls know it and so do the enablers know it.  The worst feature of it is the game threads which are full of trolls. When a newcomer comes in here you feel like saying to them; "What is a nice girl like you doing in a place like this?" The forum is at its low point and I see no way that is will improve. I will be leaving since I don't need or deserve the aggrevation anymore. Good riddance.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : I don't know about brilliant.
    Posted by nhsteven

Only in that he never breaks character.  Smiley can learn a few lessons from that. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : But can you at least pay the medical bills?
    Posted by losmediasrojas

So far, so good. My medical plan is a joke, but it protects against catastrophic occurrences.
    Well, the mods did the politically correct thing: They moved this thread instead of giving it the axe. I figured it's shelf life was on borrowed time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Too bad. I was really starting to enjoy this thread. It certainly is the kiss of death, though. Every other thread in this section has one post. lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

Who determines who is a troll???? You?

In Response to Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How:
    Don't let the Trolls get under your skin. Many of them do not have sincere, honest opinions but come here pretending that they do. They delight in getting you to argue, debate, and question their "logic". They fall over laughing at their keyboard when their bait is swallowed by those who don't realize what they are up to.   The best recourse is to either leave here for good, put them onto ignore,  or to come here and ridicule and make fun of them. You are not going to score any points in being more logical, reasonable, or realistic than them. Why not, because they have no sincere opinions, honesty, or character. They have nothing to lose. They laugh at you and are thoroughly entertained and gloat at your propensity for being fooled. You are an easy target. Get your kicks by humoring those who are toying with you.  Do what the forum did today concerning BaseballGM / SoftlawRS on the topic of Wakefield, smother him with humor and mocking. Make the whole forum a fun house. It is better to make fun of those who think that they are annoying you than to take them seriously. After all, they don't take themselves seriously so why should you? Don't be their fool. Load up on your humor and come here and smother them with it. There is a saying " Fight fire with fire". Fight the nonsense of trolls with your own nonsense that you throw right back at them. If they get into a bash Wakefield mode then start a dozen bash Wakefield threads yourselves. Do the same when they bash Drew, Tito, Theo, Jake, Jed, Farrell, or John Henry. Extinguish their act with humor - don't waste your time and effort with taking them seriously ( because they are not) but just flood them by acting just like them by mocking them. Believe me - it will be rewarding and much fun. Laughter will extend your lifetime, lower your blood pressure, and make you much happier.   Don't fall for the routine of those who are doing the same things but at your expense. There are many who endorse the act, the enablers, and their apologists - but that doesn't mean that you have to be the sucker that grabs the bait and is laughed at by that group. When they come here - mimick, mock, them, make fun of them but don't debate them. Your dog wants a walk instead of you spending hours debating an azz-hole.
    Posted by pike

Sections
Shortcuts