1. You have chosen to ignore posts from playball01. Show playball01's posts

Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How

In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : I'd probably do what the "Boston Bar" does in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea when you come in and that would be to have the  bartender tell you to go sit in the corner (out of sight) and keep your mouth shut. That bartender would be a moderator of sorts and have the rowdy ones be seperated from the patrons who are there to enjoy the game. There is no reason to have a few bad apples ruin it for everyone else. Many bartenders have the right to street those who are there to annoy the majority, it just makes good business sense. Is the bartender's name Dottie? Many forums become moderated when the use of the ignore button doesn't remedy the situation. Whenever a moderated forum is brought up here, why are you and Garcia the first ones to state your opposition to it? A fair question?? What is your response?
    Posted by pike[/QUOTE]

Are you aware that posting such nonsense threads as this one is considered trolling? Why initiate the same behavior that you apparently condemn when others do it? Is it setting a double standard or merely foolishness on your part to attempt to define what makes this board a rewarding place to visit.

Personally, I think that such behavior as attempting to influence others is nutso but that's only my opinion. Should we set up a message board in the rubber room and accept only those whom exude hypocritical and condescending behavior?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Thank God there is the music forum when this place goes insane.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babeinsawxland. Show Babeinsawxland's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : YES, but this is the third time that I've answered why I don't come here everyday and repeat myself in respect to Jake, Jed, Drew, Theo, Tito, John Henry. Here it is. How many times is it necessary to come here and defend Ellsbury, Lowrie, Drew, Theo, and Tito with baseball talk? Must one do it 100 times, 50 times, or 20 times per year? Must I jump in and act like a loyal fan and repeat my lengthy dissertation every time that a troll, cynic, skeptic, or pot stirrer creates another thread or posts the same garbage as bait?   When Harness goes to the track and is away for four months how does he know who discussed what and how much in his absence. I am not going to fall victim to the troll game to the extent that I have to validate Ellsbury's skillset to 200 threads by Softlaw every year. If you call that not talking baseball then that is fine in my book. I guess that I could store or can my responses somewhere in computer memory and grab them and paste them whenever a troll retrieves and pastes his redundant baits here as threads or posts.   Forgive me for tiring of the game by realizing  that most talk on here is just a regurgitation of things that have already been discussed hundreds of times before. What is unbelievable to me is why so many regulars keep playing the fool and keep responding to the same troll bait over and over again.   Would you be patient with someone at the corner bar who tells you that Drew sucks every night after you have had the same conversation with him on 100 previous nights? You avoid him and he comes over and says " Why don't you ever want to talk baseball?" New post www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumCreatePost&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a3fc713da-4715-4925-b94c-c14bddc7d8f4Discussion%3afab539e5-8516-4a11-8152-3a21fd4f1732&plckPostId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a3fc713da-4715-4925-b94c-c14bddc7d8f4Discussion%3afab539e5-8516-4a11-8152-3a21fd4f1732Post%3a97644635-62c4-4a01-98d2-1557d098715a&plckIsReply=true&plckCurrentPage=1 " class="Discussion_PostReply" /> Reply to this post Report abuse Edit post Delete post

Posted by pike[/QUOTE]

But again you didn't answer the baseball question.

And again, who are you to determine what other posters want to discuss. 

Just because you don't want it discussed it shouldn't be?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Your wasting your time becoming the troll police. They invented this thing called the internet were any jerk can just post what ever they want without anyone knowing who they were. A thread like this just adds to that aspect becuase your doing the same thing. If this is a baseball thread the topics should be about baseball not the trolls. This thread just lets them win.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

To paraphrase Yogi Berra at an old-timer's game, "Thank you for making this thread necessary."

Or not.

This is why I posted something on Dotty's thread. Internecine blah-blah should be moved to another part of the board, IMO, reserving the Front Burner for baseball talk.

Even EdithBunker got into the act with some funny faux interview stories. And they were clever, don't get me wrong, Edith.

But they weren't about baseball, per se. This problem persists and vexes us. Well, me, anyway. 

I am easily vexed.

But I digress...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : Buh - bye But as you leave, think about this for a moment. You put the word "glum" in front of your name and you have shown no sense of humor what so ever. Kind of tells you something - don't you think? I think this forum is going to miss your cheerful approach to baseball.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Who knows, Jess?  Glum may actually be a full-time parody of Pike, all tongue-and-cheek.  Maybe it's just brilliant performance art.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

What Pike wantsais a little tidy place of some new and original baseball only talk,
    that would be a very small and boring place. I can't say I've read all his offerings, but what I associate with him is chronic complaning. It get old real fast dude. There is a medical condition for aging men that makes them grumpy old men. Perhaps he has it. Harness great job, telling it like it is, and Pike, redemption is right around the corner, in your next post.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : If that's the way you feel, why come here? Why not go to another bar?
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]
    You've answered everey post but mine.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : I don't know about brilliant.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Only in that he never breaks character.  Smiley can learn a few lessons from that. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : But can you at least pay the medical bills?
    Posted by losmediasrojas[/QUOTE]

So far, so good. My medical plan is a joke, but it protects against catastrophic occurrences.
    Well, the mods did the politically correct thing: They moved this thread instead of giving it the axe. I figured it's shelf life was on borrowed time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Too bad. I was really starting to enjoy this thread. It certainly is the kiss of death, though. Every other thread in this section has one post. lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

Who determines who is a troll???? You?

In Response to Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How:
    [QUOTE]Don't let the Trolls get under your skin. Many of them do not have sincere, honest opinions but come here pretending that they do. They delight in getting you to argue, debate, and question their "logic". They fall over laughing at their keyboard when their bait is swallowed by those who don't realize what they are up to.   The best recourse is to either leave here for good, put them onto ignore,  or to come here and ridicule and make fun of them. You are not going to score any points in being more logical, reasonable, or realistic than them. Why not, because they have no sincere opinions, honesty, or character. They have nothing to lose. They laugh at you and are thoroughly entertained and gloat at your propensity for being fooled. You are an easy target. Get your kicks by humoring those who are toying with you.  Do what the forum did today concerning BaseballGM / SoftlawRS on the topic of Wakefield, smother him with humor and mocking. Make the whole forum a fun house. It is better to make fun of those who think that they are annoying you than to take them seriously. After all, they don't take themselves seriously so why should you? Don't be their fool. Load up on your humor and come here and smother them with it. There is a saying " Fight fire with fire". Fight the nonsense of trolls with your own nonsense that you throw right back at them. If they get into a bash Wakefield mode then start a dozen bash Wakefield threads yourselves. Do the same when they bash Drew, Tito, Theo, Jake, Jed, Farrell, or John Henry. Extinguish their act with humor - don't waste your time and effort with taking them seriously ( because they are not) but just flood them by acting just like them by mocking them. Believe me - it will be rewarding and much fun. Laughter will extend your lifetime, lower your blood pressure, and make you much happier.   Don't fall for the routine of those who are doing the same things but at your expense. There are many who endorse the act, the enablers, and their apologists - but that doesn't mean that you have to be the sucker that grabs the bait and is laughed at by that group. When they come here - mimick, mock, them, make fun of them but don't debate them. Your dog wants a walk instead of you spending hours debating an azz-hole.
    Posted by pike[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts