1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How

The ignore key gets extra work during a Sox, Yankee game thread.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How:
    In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : The forum is not that bad.  You just have to be selective where you go and who you converse with, as in most communities
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

I tried to get this point across to Pike yesterday. Judging from this thread, I'd say there's better chance of getting through to an automated operator.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heff-17. Show Heff-17's posts

wow, i can see a total of two posts on this thread. the rest are ignored. 

imagine that.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Key Pike's puppet brigade...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Instead of the OPs ceaseless pontificating on the troll matter and personal attempt to "take out the trash", it would be much simpler for him, and others, to use the IGNORE button as they see fit. Having sad that, here's guessing that a popular move is to use this feature for the OP himself. There, I've just convinced myself to take my own advise. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Pike: Make your visit here rewarding:

TALK   BASEBALL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Would my mentioning the history of Babe on this board enlighten anybody?
    If you have an axe to grind toward him, be man enough to fight your own battles.
    Stop hiding behind your desire to create one lynch mob after another.

And like yesterday, your prejudice is again misplaced.
    The Wake threads aren't bumped to mock Softy. It's Moon's way of showing the board how Wake is the forum's sacrificial lamb. He's not targeting any one poster. You are.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : You read the OP and didn't defend the accusation of being the forum's # 1 troll and why do you do it? Can you explain your fetish and why you take such delight in trolling. Why have you been banned over a hundred times and why hasn't Harness mentioned that? Does Harness respect and condone those who were banned that many times. I expected more from the honorable Harness. Harness appears to like your act better than mine. Are you brothers?
    Posted by pike

Well, at least you admit your presence here is an act.
    Unlike you Pike, I really don't concern myself with childish Boston/NY back n' forth tit-for-tats. We both know you are trying to deflect your own prejudices on others.
    This board knows that all to well.

I do find it of interest that you create more identities than Sybil, yet you speak to the masses instead of addressing anyone in particular. Who are you trying to win over?

You come to this baseball forum and preach to others about not wasting their time, yet over 90% of your posts are devoted to telling others how to spend their time.
    You are the biggest part of the problem you keep reminding others of.

Keep preaching to ur flock, Pike. 
    I'm sure your other identities will soon join you.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Wow, Harness read that, digested it, and responded in less than one minute. Babe didn't read it or comprehend it.  Harness want a "Quantity Forum" and Babe wants to continue trolling. No big surprise. I do hope that a few will read and understand. I am disappointed in Harness however since it appears that he is content with a fraternity of five on the Realistic Thread. He is content with letting the forum go to he-ll.
    Posted by pike

The forum is not that bad.  You just have to be selective where you go and who you converse with, as in most communities. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : I do talk baseball and Harness says that I do well when I do but I get very annoyed by posters like you who come here to obviously annoy others. Why have you been banned over a hundred times and I have never been banned? Can you answer that? I come here to clean out the trashand you are #1 on my list. Harness must have blinders on not to know that. My posts on baseball are a hundred times more cerebral and sincere than yours and you can ask the forum about that. You are the forum village idiot, ask Dottie and poll the forum if you wish verification. You know why you are banned and ridiculed and you do not care because you enjoy trolling. My problem is why Harness can't have the the honesty and courage that SinceYaz has. You come here to annoy and 99% know that. Amazing that he enables you. It must be a lonely life for the two of you to dilute you character that much.
    Posted by pike

That's the janitor's job. Not yours. I can understand getting into it with a poster who is needling you. That's when two posters square off. It's unfortunate but it's life, on or off this board.

If you and Babe wanna get into it, then have at it. Otherwise, let others fend for themselves. Everyone here has the option to ignore one another, or get into it, whichever suits them. I've had Babe on IGGY since last year. I didn't need you or anyone else to influence my decision.

You do yourself a mis-service by not contributing to baseball discussions. I personally think you'd have a lot to offer - beyond quoting articles. Most of your time is spent alienating yourself from the board. It isn't your intention, but that's the result of actions here. I really find it hard to believe you enjoy it more than you would talking baseball.

It's such a waste.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Who says the forum is going to hell?
    Try setting an example for others: Lighten up &

TALK    BASEBALL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babeinsawxland. Show Babeinsawxland's posts

In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : YES, but this is the third time that I've answered why I don't come here everyday and repeat myself in respect to Jake, Jed, Drew, Theo, Tito, John Henry. Here it is. How many times is it necessary to come here and defend Ellsbury, Lowrie, Drew, Theo, and Tito with baseball talk? Must one do it 100 times, 50 times, or 20 times per year? Must I jump in and act like a loyal fan and repeat my lengthy dissertation every time that a troll, cynic, skeptic, or pot stirrer creates another thread or posts the same garbage as bait?   When Harness goes to the track and is away for four months how does he know who discussed what and how much in his absence. I am not going to fall victim to the troll game to the extent that I have to validate Ellsbury's skillset to 200 threads by Softlaw every year. If you call that not talking baseball then that is fine in my book. I guess that I could store or can my responses somewhere in computer memory and grab them and paste them whenever a troll retrieves and pastes his redundant baits here as threads or posts.   Forgive me for tiring of the game by realizing  that most talk on here is just a regurgitation of things that have already been discussed hundreds of times before. What is unbelievable to me is why so many regulars keep playing the fool and keep responding to the same troll bait over and over again.   Would you be patient with someone at the corner bar who tells you that Drew sucks every night after you have had the same conversation with him on 100 previous nights? You avoid him and he comes over and says " Why don't you ever want to talk baseball?" New post www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumCreatePost&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a3fc713da-4715-4925-b94c-c14bddc7d8f4Discussion%3afab539e5-8516-4a11-8152-3a21fd4f1732&plckPostId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a3fc713da-4715-4925-b94c-c14bddc7d8f4Discussion%3afab539e5-8516-4a11-8152-3a21fd4f1732Post%3a97644635-62c4-4a01-98d2-1557d098715a&plckIsReply=true&plckCurrentPage=1 " class="Discussion_PostReply" /> Reply to this post Report abuse Edit post Delete post

Posted by pike

But again you didn't answer the baseball question.

And again, who are you to determine what other posters want to discuss. 

Just because you don't want it discussed it shouldn't be?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

What Pike wantsais a little tidy place of some new and original baseball only talk, that would be a very small and boring place. I can't say I've read all his offerings, but what I associate with him is chronic complaning. It get old real fast dude. There is a medical condition for aging men that makes them grumpy old men. Perhaps he has it. Harness great job, telling it like it is, and Pike, redemption is right around the corner, in your next post.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20

Pike can't cleanse his own world, so he comes here trying to purity this one.
    It goes far beyond complaining with him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In response to Harness, How many times is it necessary to come here and defend Ellsbury, Lowrie, Drew, Theo, and Tito with baseball talk? Must one do it 100 times, 50 times, or 20 times per year? Must I jump in and act like a loyal fan and repeat my lengthy dissertation every time that a troll, cynic, skeptic, or pot stirrer creates another thread or posts the same garbage as bait?   When Harness goes to the track and is away for four months how does he know who discussed what and how much in his absence. I am not going to fall victim to the troll game to the extent that I have to validate Ellsbury's skillset to 200 threads by Softlaw every year. If you call that not talking baseball then that is fine in my book. I guess that I could store or can my responses somewhere in computer memory and grab them and paste them whenever a troll retrieves and pastes his redundant baits here as threads or posts.   Forgive me for tiring of the game by realizing  that most talk on here is just a regurgitation of things that have already been discussed hundreds of times before. What is unbelievable to me is why so many regulars keep playing the fool and keep responding to the same troll bait over and over again.   Would you be patient with someone at the corner bar who tells you that Drew sucks every night after you have had the same conversation with him on 100 previous nights? You avoid him and he comes over and says " Why don't you ever want to talk baseball?"
    Posted by pike

Repetition is a part of life. Do you think Moon or I enjoyed repeating  the same damn thing over and over on the catcher relevance thread last year in an effort to try and enlighten minds?

There are many posters on this forum that have little time to spend here. What's repetitive to you and I may in fact be new to them. Do you like hearing the same old TV/Radio ads all the time?

This world is made up of imperfect species. Why would you possibly think cyberspace to be any different? The simple fact is people enjoy interacting on all levels. It bothers you that some regulars like to communicate with those you feel are bad for the forum. Fine. We get it. But ur repeating this fact in several ways/guises is no different than Law b*tching about Theo.

Wake up!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Should traffic signs be put on the road for stangers and the less astuteto be made aware of hazards ahead? If you came to the forum without being aware of those who are here to waste your time and annoy you, wouldn't you appreciate someone who gave you advice? Must one read a hundred posts by Softlaw to finally become aware that he is toying with you in respect to Lowrie and Ellsbury? Same with Andrewmitch on Drew and BaseballDr and Georom on Tito. Why should posters waste months and hours of debate to find out that the trolls are toying with them. Isn't it a public service to save them that effort and time? Can you easily move around in your basement or garage when it is full of trash? Wouldn't a moderated forum be a better forum?
    Posted by pike

Less astute can be easily seen as a derogatory remark. Shall I parade you as a bigot? You said the forum is dying. That entails a forum not able to draw new members. Which leaves the regulars. Who among the regulars is "less astute"?

Those coming here from other forums will know who will be wasting their time soon enough. They don't need your patronization. Believe it or not, people can actually think for themselves. They don't like decisions made for them. The regulars are tired of hearing ur same old line. Others read the board and know what interests them. Stop making excuses for your own need to target someone.
    You aren't doing this for anybody but yourself.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from playball01. Show playball01's posts

In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : I'd probably do what the "Boston Bar" does in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea when you come in and that would be to have the  bartender tell you to go sit in the corner (out of sight) and keep your mouth shut. That bartender would be a moderator of sorts and have the rowdy ones be seperated from the patrons who are there to enjoy the game. There is no reason to have a few bad apples ruin it for everyone else. Many bartenders have the right to street those who are there to annoy the majority, it just makes good business sense. Is the bartender's name Dottie? Many forums become moderated when the use of the ignore button doesn't remedy the situation. Whenever a moderated forum is brought up here, why are you and Garcia the first ones to state your opposition to it? A fair question?? What is your response?
    Posted by pike

Are you aware that posting such nonsense threads as this one is considered trolling? Why initiate the same behavior that you apparently condemn when others do it? Is it setting a double standard or merely foolishness on your part to attempt to define what makes this board a rewarding place to visit.

Personally, I think that such behavior as attempting to influence others is nutso but that's only my opinion. Should we set up a message board in the rubber room and accept only those whom exude hypocritical and condescending behavior?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : Buh - bye But as you leave, think about this for a moment. You put the word "glum" in front of your name and you have shown no sense of humor what so ever. Kind of tells you something - don't you think? I think this forum is going to miss your cheerful approach to baseball.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Who knows, Jess?  Glum may actually be a full-time parody of Pike, all tongue-and-cheek.  Maybe it's just brilliant performance art.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : If that's the way you feel, why come here? Why not go to another bar?
    Posted by antibody

You've answered everey post but mine.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts