1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heff-17. Show Heff-17's posts

Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How

wow, i can see a total of two posts on this thread. the rest are ignored. 

imagine that.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Key Pike's puppet brigade...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Instead of the OPs ceaseless pontificating on the troll matter and personal attempt to "take out the trash", it would be much simpler for him, and others, to use the IGNORE button as they see fit. Having sad that, here's guessing that a popular move is to use this feature for the OP himself. There, I've just convinced myself to take my own advise. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Pike: Make your visit here rewarding:

TALK   BASEBALL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Would my mentioning the history of Babe on this board enlighten anybody?
    If you have an axe to grind toward him, be man enough to fight your own battles.
    Stop hiding behind your desire to create one lynch mob after another.

And like yesterday, your prejudice is again misplaced.
    The Wake threads aren't bumped to mock Softy. It's Moon's way of showing the board how Wake is the forum's sacrificial lamb. He's not targeting any one poster. You are.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : You read the OP and didn't defend the accusation of being the forum's # 1 troll and why do you do it? Can you explain your fetish and why you take such delight in trolling. Why have you been banned over a hundred times and why hasn't Harness mentioned that? Does Harness respect and condone those who were banned that many times. I expected more from the honorable Harness. Harness appears to like your act better than mine. Are you brothers?
    Posted by pike[/QUOTE]

Well, at least you admit your presence here is an act.
    Unlike you Pike, I really don't concern myself with childish Boston/NY back n' forth tit-for-tats. We both know you are trying to deflect your own prejudices on others.
    This board knows that all to well.

I do find it of interest that you create more identities than Sybil, yet you speak to the masses instead of addressing anyone in particular. Who are you trying to win over?

You come to this baseball forum and preach to others about not wasting their time, yet over 90% of your posts are devoted to telling others how to spend their time.
    You are the biggest part of the problem you keep reminding others of.

Keep preaching to ur flock, Pike. 
    I'm sure your other identities will soon join you.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, Harness read that, digested it, and responded in less than one minute. Babe didn't read it or comprehend it.  Harness want a "Quantity Forum" and Babe wants to continue trolling. No big surprise. I do hope that a few will read and understand. I am disappointed in Harness however since it appears that he is content with a fraternity of five on the Realistic Thread. He is content with letting the forum go to he-ll.
    Posted by pike[/QUOTE]

The forum is not that bad.  You just have to be selective where you go and who you converse with, as in most communities. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : The forum is not that bad.  You just have to be selective where you go and who you converse with, as in most communities
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

I tried to get this point across to Pike yesterday. Judging from this thread, I'd say there's better chance of getting through to an automated operator.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : I do talk baseball and Harness says that I do well when I do but I get very annoyed by posters like you who come here to obviously annoy others. Why have you been banned over a hundred times and I have never been banned? Can you answer that? I come here to clean out the trashand you are #1 on my list. Harness must have blinders on not to know that. My posts on baseball are a hundred times more cerebral and sincere than yours and you can ask the forum about that. You are the forum village idiot, ask Dottie and poll the forum if you wish verification. You know why you are banned and ridiculed and you do not care because you enjoy trolling. My problem is why Harness can't have the the honesty and courage that SinceYaz has. You come here to annoy and 99% know that. Amazing that he enables you. It must be a lonely life for the two of you to dilute you character that much.
    Posted by pike[/QUOTE]

That's the janitor's job. Not yours. I can understand getting into it with a poster who is needling you. That's when two posters square off. It's unfortunate but it's life, on or off this board.

If you and Babe wanna get into it, then have at it. Otherwise, let others fend for themselves. Everyone here has the option to ignore one another, or get into it, whichever suits them. I've had Babe on IGGY since last year. I didn't need you or anyone else to influence my decision.

You do yourself a mis-service by not contributing to baseball discussions. I personally think you'd have a lot to offer - beyond quoting articles. Most of your time is spent alienating yourself from the board. It isn't your intention, but that's the result of actions here. I really find it hard to believe you enjoy it more than you would talking baseball.

It's such a waste.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The ignore key gets extra work during a Sox, Yankee game thread.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Who says the forum is going to hell?
    Try setting an example for others: Lighten up &

TALK    BASEBALL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : Pike can't cleanse his own world, so he comes here trying to purity this one. It goes far beyond complaining with him.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]So how did the ponies treat you this year harness?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]The forum is just a joke. Harness and Moonslav know it, the trolls know it and so do the enablers know it.  The worst feature of it is the game threads which are full of trolls. When a newcomer comes in here you feel like saying to them; "What is a nice girl like you doing in a place like this?" The forum is at its low point and I see no way that is will improve. I will be leaving since I don't need or deserve the aggrevation anymore. Good riddance.
    Posted by glumandrew[/QUOTE]

Buh - bye

But as you leave, think about this for a moment. You put the word "glum" in front of your name and you have shown no sense of humor what so ever. Kind of tells you something - don't you think?

I think this forum is going to miss your cheerful approach to baseball.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : If the "rowdies" bothered me as much as much as a few posters here seem to bother you, i would "leave the bar" and find a place that is more to my liking.
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

AB - I know a great bar here in NYC where you can really enjoy the Yankees.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babeinsawxland. Show Babeinsawxland's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : The idea proposed by Dottie was a new sub-forum for those who wished to talk baseball. She obviously would not want you, Garcia, and Softlaw to be part of it after all she has banned you 116 times and Softlaw 87 times. You would be happier in a forum where trolling is permitted since that is why you get banned so much. Is this too complex for you to understand? Please try to keep up.

Posted by pike[/QUOTE]

I'm all for it and don't want to be part of it. It is you who needs to keep up.

And can you answer my baseball question?

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babeinsawxland. Show Babeinsawxland's posts

How many times is it necessary to come here and defend Ellsbury, Lowrie, Drew, Theo, and Tito with baseball talk? Must one do it 100 times, 50 times, or 20 times per year? Must I jump in and act like a loyal fan and repeat my lengthy dissertation every time that a troll, cynic, skeptic, or pot stirrer creates another thread or posts the same garbage as bait?

Again, last I checked this place wasn't put here strictly for your enjoyment. If other posters want to discuss those matters 10,000 times, who are you to decide they can't?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : The paragraph on Babe's bar answers your question. If you went to a bar with 10% rowdies, what would you prefer - that they leave or you leave? Why should a few ruin it for the majority? Banning them over a hundred times here isn't rectifying the problem. It is like streeting them and having them walk in with a new disguise. Banning by IP address would work but BDC doesn't know how to.
    Posted by pike[/QUOTE]
    If the "rowdies" bothered me as much as much as a few posters here seem to bother you, i would "leave the bar" and find a place that is more to my liking.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : Your posts are still readable above and that is a major flaw in the use of the ignore function. The ignore function still shows your drivel when posters hit the respond to key. For all we know, you probably deleted your posts since they are nothing to be proud of, I would. Harness deleted some of his postswhen he read them later and they read like a Fort Jackson drill instructor with KKK stripes chewing out a black recruit in basic training.
    Posted by pike[/QUOTE]

This post is why you are ridiculed on this board. It is a perfect example. You make accusations that are blatantly false. Instead of accusing me of deleting my own posts, why didn't you send an email to Dottie asking them if/why they deleted those posts? That would have kept you from sticking ur foot up ur own a-s-s.

I said to you already that I never would have deleted them. I posted them for a specific reason. Ask the members of this board if I have ever lied to anybody here.
    I am not the one who has to create so many ludicrous identities to voice the same redundant dialog.

You come here - to a baseball forum - but rarely do you engage in baseball discussions. You use this place to voice ur own disturbing deeply-rooted prejudices.
    This board is a haven for labeling a sector of human beings. I honestly think your loyalty to the REdSox stems from ur being able to channel your own sense of hate through the Boston/NY rivalry.
    I've seen you attack numerous posters for not attacking NY fans/team.

I do believe you are quite familiar with KKK tactics, cross burning and white hoods.
    It is continuously earmarked in ur tone.

In this instance, you again made a wrong assumption. My three post simulation was of that of a denouncing authoritative figure. The large type represented how LOUD it was coming across. You immediately assume "boy" meant the reciprient was black, which is a cheap way to play the race card. Now, should I take a page out of ur book and couple you with Softlaw?

In my representation, never did I mention ur name, or anybody's name in it.
    You immediately responded and went of the defensive. Why? Because you saw yourself in that portrayal. And it triggered your  defense mechanism. I didn't have to say it was directed toward you. YOU KNEW IT.

I know all to well of the problems of this board. And you know all to well how hard I've tried to combat it. If I  have an issue with a poster, I deal with him/her head on. I don't start addressing the masses from a hangman's scaffolding to gain support. Nor do I create other voices. Only cowards lead lynch mobs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : Please tell
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]
    Well, maybe only one now that McHale's is gone. I like Jimmy's Corner across from the Hudson Theater. There's always Prof. Thom's in The Village. At least I hope so. It's been way too long since I've been in the city.

Sections
Shortcuts