1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How

In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : I read your the thread yesterday where you and Moon and others say that Softlaw = BaseballGM and how you despisehim. The Wakefield threads that were bumped up today are full of references today that Softlaw / BaseballGM has the new anti-Wake fetish and that his routine has gone from Jake and Jed to Wake. Ask Moon on what he thinks of Babe, Softlaw, Law, Andrewmitch, and other trolls. Moon is a great fan, does a ton of research, is sincere, and honest and yet you seem to name Babe as your forum MVP. Why don't you bump the cream of the crop to the top instead of defending the trolls? For some reason you expect anarchy to bring us a better forum. Do you ever come here from 8-5 and see the peanut gallery? You would be a terrible moderator ( a moderator without a clue).
    Posted by pike[/QUOTE]

Pike, I never said I despised Softy. Not ever. You are filtering ur own prejudice toward me. Read Moon's (yesterday's posts) realistic thread and you'll see the exacting reason why he's fed up over the Wake threads.

Yes, Softy is anti-Wake. So is JC and plenty of others. That's hardly a reason to despise them. I don't despise anybody here. If you want to couple me with whomever you disdain, that's on you.

Countless posters have tried in vain to get you to stop bringing attention to "the peanut gallery". It only magnifies the issue. They are the ones thinking of the welfare of the board. Are they all on ur sh*t list? I'm aware of the bickering that gets out of hand. I'm aware of those who needle. I can't learn anything from it, so I ignore it. You don't. Why? Are they metaphors for your own personal grudges?

I don't want to contaminate Moon's terrific thread with this stuff, so I'll respond to ur retort here. The BS I was referring to - what you called "truth" - wasn't about yesterday. It was about all the yesterdays: All ur ill-fated attempts to clean up the trash. What you see as a noble endeavor is anything but. You only make matters worse. How many times does this have to be said before you wake up?

You aren't improving the situation at all. You are just adding gasoline to the fires. Let them burn. Seek out what you personally find of interest. Heedur own advise. 

The baseball season for the Sox starts tomorrow. I used a dramatic example yesterday to mirror ur own image. Why? Because I'm trying to do what you think you are trying to do: Clean this place up. You see Wake threads and try to use it against Softlaw, whom is clearly not one of ur favorites. You see the term "boy" and automatically think it's a reference to blacks. It's reference is far more expansive depending on where you've lived.

I don't think you're very happy with what I brought out in you. I don't blame you.
    It's not because I despise you. I don't. I've said several good things about what I think you could mean to this board. Another poster disagreed with me, to the point of offering me $$$ in the form of a wager just to question if you have actually ever posted a baseball post. But he didn't couple me with you. He didn't accuse us of being birds that flock together. Not the way you would have. That's the difference Pike. If you can't come to terms with ur own reflection, then by all means, save yourself and call me whatever you wish. Link me to whomever you want to.

I still think you could be a hell of a good poster if you so choose.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

When I offer statistics that rub pike the wrong way, he/she often launches into a personal attack instead of offering a substantive rebuttal.

I welcome substantive contributions, but personal attacks are not conducive to an informative forum.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : So how did the ponies treat you this year harness?
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Some peaks. Some valleys. I was on a terrific pace by Christmas. Then my doctor warned me about blood pressure issues. (He had a right. My reading almost blew away that pressure indicator:(

That got into my head after what occurred last year - retina occlusion due to fluctuation of blood pressure - and permanent damage. Messed up my playing for quite a time and cost me my usual goal for each winter meet.

It's a young man's game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I know some of great bars in NYC too. A couple where you can even enjoy The Sox.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from playball01. Show playball01's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : The flaw in your logic is this. Are the police whose mission is to rid the streets of crooks considered to be crooks themselves? That is what you are saying. If BDC decided to block Babe and Garcia permanently by IP address, and thus moderate the forum, would you label BDC as trolls? I fail to grasp your logic here. The OP suggests ways to have fun by not taking the trolls seriously. Have a good time and humor them. That is not trolling. Everyone had a great time in recent days by making little of the Wakefield threads. We need to do more of that. The next time that the Drew bashing starts, do the same - join in on the bashing and mock / mimic the trolls. Trolls hate that.
    Posted by pike[/QUOTE]

For your information many cops are crooks and use their badge to commit crimes that others would be punished for! Do you really believe that all arrests are lawful? PLEEZE!

Secondly, nobody has appointed you to the position of Board Police nor will they and who are you to determine the psychology of others and what readers deem to be serious, or what they take seriously on these forums?

Anyone that lives or dies by what is posted on these forums has bigger issues than I am qualified to get into and assess.

The only reason that I see for the creation of this thread is for a particular writer to attempt to place himself in a position of importance although the importance is only self proclaimed and no one is buying the act.

As Harness stated, contribute something meaningful with regards to Red Sox matters and then maybe you will be taken seriously.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : Some peaks. Some valleys. I was on a terrific pace by Christmas. Then my doctor warned me about blood pressure issues. (He had a right. My reading almost blew away that pressure indicator:( That got into my head after what occurred last year - retina occlusion due to fluctuation of blood pressure - and permanent damage. Messed up my playing for quite a time and cost me my usual goal for each winter meet. It's a young man's game.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

But can you at least pay the medical bills?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from glumandrew. Show glumandrew's posts

The forum is just a joke. Harness and Moonslav know it, the trolls know it and so do the enablers know it.  The worst feature of it is the game threads which are full of trolls. When a newcomer comes in here you feel like saying to them; "What is a nice girl like you doing in a place like this?" The forum is at its low point and I see no way that is will improve. I will be leaving since I don't need or deserve the aggrevation anymore. Good riddance.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]I know some of great bars in NYC too. A couple where you can even enjoy The Sox.
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

Please tell Innocent

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE] What Pike wantsais a little tidy place of some new and original baseball only talk, that would be a very small and boring place. I can't say I've read all his offerings, but what I associate with him is chronic complaning. It get old real fast dude. There is a medical condition for aging men that makes them grumpy old men. Perhaps he has it. Harness great job, telling it like it is, and Pike, redemption is right around the corner, in your next post.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]

Pike can't cleanse his own world, so he comes here trying to purity this one.
    It goes far beyond complaining with him.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In response to Harness, How many times is it necessary to come here and defend Ellsbury, Lowrie, Drew, Theo, and Tito with baseball talk? Must one do it 100 times, 50 times, or 20 times per year? Must I jump in and act like a loyal fan and repeat my lengthy dissertation every time that a troll, cynic, skeptic, or pot stirrer creates another thread or posts the same garbage as bait?   When Harness goes to the track and is away for four months how does he know who discussed what and how much in his absence. I am not going to fall victim to the troll game to the extent that I have to validate Ellsbury's skillset to 200 threads by Softlaw every year. If you call that not talking baseball then that is fine in my book. I guess that I could store or can my responses somewhere in computer memory and grab them and paste them whenever a troll retrieves and pastes his redundant baits here as threads or posts.   Forgive me for tiring of the game by realizing  that most talk on here is just a regurgitation of things that have already been discussed hundreds of times before. What is unbelievable to me is why so many regulars keep playing the fool and keep responding to the same troll bait over and over again.   Would you be patient with someone at the corner bar who tells you that Drew sucks every night after you have had the same conversation with him on 100 previous nights? You avoid him and he comes over and says " Why don't you ever want to talk baseball?"
    Posted by pike[/QUOTE]

Repetition is a part of life. Do you think Moon or I enjoyed repeating  the same damn thing over and over on the catcher relevance thread last year in an effort to try and enlighten minds?

There are many posters on this forum that have little time to spend here. What's repetitive to you and I may in fact be new to them. Do you like hearing the same old TV/Radio ads all the time?

This world is made up of imperfect species. Why would you possibly think cyberspace to be any different? The simple fact is people enjoy interacting on all levels. It bothers you that some regulars like to communicate with those you feel are bad for the forum. Fine. We get it. But ur repeating this fact in several ways/guises is no different than Law b*tching about Theo.

Wake up!

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Should traffic signs be put on the road for stangers and the less astuteto be made aware of hazards ahead? If you came to the forum without being aware of those who are here to waste your time and annoy you, wouldn't you appreciate someone who gave you advice? Must one read a hundred posts by Softlaw to finally become aware that he is toying with you in respect to Lowrie and Ellsbury? Same with Andrewmitch on Drew and BaseballDr and Georom on Tito. Why should posters waste months and hours of debate to find out that the trolls are toying with them. Isn't it a public service to save them that effort and time? Can you easily move around in your basement or garage when it is full of trash? Wouldn't a moderated forum be a better forum?
    Posted by pike[/QUOTE]

Less astute can be easily seen as a derogatory remark. Shall I parade you as a bigot? You said the forum is dying. That entails a forum not able to draw new members. Which leaves the regulars. Who among the regulars is "less astute"?

Those coming here from other forums will know who will be wasting their time soon enough. They don't need your patronization. Believe it or not, people can actually think for themselves. They don't like decisions made for them. The regulars are tired of hearing ur same old line. Others read the board and know what interests them. Stop making excuses for your own need to target someone.
    You aren't doing this for anybody but yourself.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babeinsawxland. Show Babeinsawxland's posts

[QUOTE]During the last two years I have discussed my baseball position many times and in detail on Jake, Jed, Drew, Theo, and Tito. That is my answer. I don't understand why you couldn't isolate that from the above. I don't have the specific posts in computer memory so that I can paste it every day. If everyone did that, the board would be spammed.

Posted by pike[/QUOTE]

That's great, but what does that have to do with what I asked you?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In response to Harness, How many times is it necessary to come here and defend Ellsbury, Lowrie, Drew, Theo, and Tito with baseball talk? Must one do it 100 times, 50 times, or 20 times per year? Must I jump in and act like a loyal fan and repeat my lengthy dissertation every time that a troll, cynic, skeptic, or pot stirrer creates another thread or posts the same garbage as bait?   When Harness goes to the track and is away for four months how does he know who discussed what and how much in his absence. I am not going to fall victim to the troll game to the extent that I have to validate Ellsbury's skillset to 200 threads by Softlaw every year. If you call that not talking baseball then that is fine in my book. I guess that I could store or can my responses somewhere in computer memory and grab them and paste them whenever a troll retrieves and pastes his redundant baits here as threads or posts.   Forgive me for tiring of the game by realizing  that most talk on here is just a regurgitation of things that have already been discussed hundreds of times before. What is unbelievable to me is why so many regulars keep playing the fool and keep responding to the same troll bait over and over again.   Would you be patient with someone at the corner bar who tells you that Drew sucks every night after you have had the same conversation with him on 100 previous nights? You avoid him and he comes over and says " Why don't you ever want to talk baseball?"
    Posted by pike[/QUOTE]

If that's the way you feel, why come here? Why not go to another bar?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Make your Visit here Rewarding - Here's How : Who knows, Jess?  Glum may actually be a full-time parody of Pike, all tongue-and-cheek.  Maybe it's just brilliant performance art.   
    Posted by losmediasrojas[/QUOTE]

I don't know about brilliant.