1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

Yankees at -31 in run differential. Yankees, Toronto and Baltimore have shaky pitching. 
    Looks like it's going to come down to the Rays and the Sox.  

Okay, I'm half kidding, but I don't think it's crazy to think 85 wins will take the division. 
    And in all seriousness...What is holding the Yankees up? A minus 31 is ridiculous. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: -31

If someone projected the AL East to finish like this:

1) Tampa

2) Boston

3) NYY

4) Totonto

5) Baltimore

nobody who blink an eye. Well, the division is upside down at the moment, but the bottom two teams are making some rumblings, and the top two teams are starting to show signs of wear and tear.

Sox4ever

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If someone projected the AL East to finish like this:

1) Tampa

2) Boston

3) NYY

4) Totonto

5) Baltimore

nobody who blink an eye. Well, the division is upside down at the moment, but the bottom two teams are making some rumblings, and the top two teams are starting to show signs of wear and tear.

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

The Enemy always amazes me ... they get beaten up and sewn together year after year and still somehow have the winning record.

TB has looked uncharacteristically weak but then they do this so often we should expect it.  Look bad, flare toward the end and make a statement.

I'm was ready to post "Oh Oh Look Who Is Waking Up?"  The bats are finally coming into the game.  Lookin' good!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to patrickford's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yankees at -31 in run differential. Yankees, Toronto and Baltimore have shaky pitching. 

Okay, I'm half kidding, but I don't think it's crazy to think 85 wins will take the division. 
    And in all seriousness...What is holding the Yankees up? A minus 31 is ridiculous. 

[/QUOTE]

It will come down to the Red Sox and the Orioles.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    it's a good question.  their pythagreom is 46-52, so it is remarkable that they are 2 games over at this point.
    very similar to last season.  i thought the "luck" would disappear with Mo retiring but (gasp) i may have been wrong......

other names i have posted under:  none

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

Yankees pose no threat, they are done.  Toronto's done too, or at least until they get Lawrie and Encarnacion back. Even then, they're likely done.  So that leaves Baltimore, Tampa Bay, and OUR SOX.  Depending on what TAMPA BAY does with Price - that will likely determine alot.  If Price stays, they could be there in the end with OUR SOX and the O's.  If they trade Price, they are done.

So that would leave the SOX and the O's.  Not sold on the O's pitching staff and they are chokers too. I'll take THE SOX down the stretch.

Yup, SOX 2015 AL EAST CHAMPS.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

I like these predictions for Sox to win the Division, I am unbiased too 

But seriously, I still believe Sox have always had the team to win the division.  They could have had as good or better record by now if not for some inexplicable half a season long swoon with the bats to start the season, and if you count all those one-run losses.  If they can play as they can the rest of the way, they can get to 88 wins, that would be 14 games over 0.500 from where they are now, 5 games under.  So they need to go 19 games over for the rest of the season with 63 games to go.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

we should hold on this discussion after the trade deadline.  who know orioles or yankees or bluejays make a huge blockbuster trade with someone.  Same with Boston.

Right now I can foreseeing that Boston over taking the Orioles.  But Boston cant afford to fall backward at any time in the second half.  More they fall backward at the same time the Orioles happen to get hot just for a couple weeks, that will put a damage on Boston on winning the divisional title.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Just one guy talking, but imo Baltimore is not going to finish last in the division. 

Yankees' pitching is thin, thin, thin right now. They're going to lose some ground soon.

Rays will fade, but not before Price takes another cheap shot this Friday in Tampa.  Gonna be another bench clearer this weekend.  Hope the umps get it right this time.  

Sox are 19-20 in one run games this season.  If last night is even remotely true of this Sox offense, they're going to start to cover some ground quickly.

Lester and Lackey at the top of the rotation?  Filthy.  Just wish this team hadn't spotted the AL East an 8 game lead...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

it's a good question.  their pythagreom is 46-52, so it is remarkable that they are 2 games over at this point.
    very similar to last season.  i thought the "luck" would disappear with Mo retiring but (gasp) i may have been wrong......

other names i have posted under:  none

[/QUOTE]

Did you just call the Yankees lucky?  

They are the only team above .500 with a negative run differential, much less a -31 run differential.  Look at the standings and run differentials of all of the teams.   One of these things is not like the others.....

Sections
Shortcuts