" It wasn't in God's plan" Really? Adrian Gonzalez

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Re: " It wasn't in God's plan" Really? Adrian Gonzalez

Adrian was RIGHT! From the movie, Oh God!

God: The last miracle I did was the 1969 Mets. Before that, I think you have to go back to the Red Sea.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In Response to Re: " It wasn't in God's plan" Really? Adrian Gonzalez:
    [QUOTE]Athletes chalking anything up to God is always just stupid. I know this sentiment has been shared before but IF there is a God, I sure as h e l l hope he/she/it isn't wasting 1 second on worrying about which millionaires win a game. 
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]
    how true.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Adrian Gonzalez speaks postgame and people hear but do they listen?

Carl Crawford said, "I know what kind of season I had. I know what I did," he said. "I have to go back home and live with that. It's going to be a tough offseason for me. I have to come back and prove myself."

Adrian Gonzalez said, "I'm a firm believer that God has a plan and it wasn't in his plan for us to move forward..."

Welcome to Boston Adrian. Stay as long as you'd like.

Simply, one man followed our cultural model: men are victors or failures.
    The other man is free of your judgement.

Few of you listened to what Adrian said.

God is real.
    One man knows of God.
    The other knows Him, do you?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Funny Youk.

I think there needs to be a distinction made between God and baseball Gods.
    One involves a very personal spiritual relationship. The other alludes to superstitious baseball divinity.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gopats1976. Show gopats1976's posts

He did better in Red Sox uniform than Moneyball player Carlos Pena, Wes Chamberlain and a bunch of other former first basemen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

[QUOTE]Adrian Gonzalez speaks postgame and people hear but do they listen? Carl Crawford said, "I know what kind of season I had. I know what I did," he said. "I have to go back home and live with that. It's going to be a tough offseason for me. I have to come back and prove myself." Adrian Gonzalez said, "I'm a firm believer that God has a plan and it wasn't in his plan for us to move forward..." Welcome to Boston Adrian. Stay as long as you'd like. Simply, one man followed our cultural model: men are victors or failures. The other man is free of your judgement. Few of you listened to what Adrian said. God is real. One man knows of God. The other knows Him, do you?
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]
    God/god is real. that's your opinion. and how do you know it's a him !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from phantom. Show phantom's posts

Maybe Adrian Gonzalez had better face the obvious that if indeed God routed for a team it'd probablly be the Angels.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

I think that the timeless perspective is bunk

I think your perspective is popular bunk!

Any peaceful soul who publicly declares faith will be attacked for doing so. Contemporary culture behavior disdains personal behavior being denounced as undesirable vice. It is nothing new for mankind. Mankind does not have the answer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]I beleive God has a plan, it just isnt about baseball. I like it when players point to the sky when they hit homeruns and cross the plate, that is a way of saying thank you to god for giving me the talent, not thanking god for making sure the fast ball went right down the middle and the wind was blowing out to left and thats why it was a homerun. These players develope their god given talents and they should be respected for that. Hopefully with their successes they will improve the lives of others, wether in their own family or the community, maybe thats why god gives them talent. It is disrespectful for soemeone to blame god for their OWN failures. They lost, they were beaten by a terrible team. I remember the commercial where Michael Jordan says he has missed the final shot many many times, and he says I have failed over and over again, that is why I succeed. If you don't recognize your own role in your failures you will never grow from it. Never. I saw a player that did not want to accept the fact that he contributed to the overall failure, its a team effort, win or lose.
    Posted by cc4eea542e5e3dce2921d77edfa2c706[/QUOTE]

It is really surprising to me that people keep on talking about Adrian Gonzalez blaming God, not taking responsibility for his own part and passing the buck somehow.

1)  We seem to forget that - whether his talents are God given or not, and he credits God for them  - that in the non-metaphysical part of the world, Adrian has taken those PHYSICAL TALENTS FROM POTENTIAL TO REALITY.  He has worked hard enough to garner the highest respect of many in baseball for his skills.

Thus, Adrian needs to be taken off this list of slackers that folks on this thread especially seem to put him on. 

HIS CREDIT TO GOD is so very much more than lip service, with the EVIDENCE of that being he worked hard enough to become the excellent fielder and the feared hitter he is.

2)  Adrian said, within the last month of the season, "We are not playing good baseball.  We have to start playing better."

Did he blame God for not playing well?
         Did he blame God for the need to turn around their play?

NO!

He fully accepted the part THEY  had to play in the course of things....

3)   Folks are being so terribly stupid by jumping on his last remarks when his whole life and the excellence developed there is somehow thrown out the window by some comments he made.

THE EVIDENCE OF HIS WILLINGNESS TO PAY THE PRICE TO PLAY WELL AND FULFILL HIS POTENTIAL THAT WAS IN HIS BEING/GENETIC MAKE UP/GOD GIVEN TALENT .... IS SO VERY CLEAR.

PASSING THE BUCK?  HE'S ALWAYS BEEN WILLING TO PAY THE PRICE TO BE AN EXCELLENT PLAYER.

HE HAS BEEN WILLING TO GO THE EXTRA EFFORT TO BECOME THE MASTERFUL PLAYER HE IS ....

and you're STILL saying he doesn't accept responsibility?

REALLY?

Show me if YOU have been willing to accept that same degree of effort to develop excellence?

BTW, if you (open, general, plural you) DARE say he did not have an excellent season, you are forever crossed off my list of having ANY baseball sense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

"the god i believe in isnt short on cash, mister" U2.

I think Gonzalez ought to be quiet. guy hit .340 with the least clutch ive ever witnessed, only 27 dingers and lost 20 full pts shaved off his BA in August and September. didnt meet expectations for the dollars...

Perhaps GOD wants Gonzalez to go with theO??? WE (the fans) expected YOU, Adrian Gonzalez, to carry US or own the failure when you didnt.

IMHO Crawford has more potential here than Gonzalez, though Adrian might have better luck as Rick Perrys #2 (VP choice). The religious right will love him for that platitude, i would be more impressed if AGONE blamed his late season choke out on himself, not god, Puleeeeze!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

If Gonzalez had performed poorly, you might have heard a more Crawford-like reaction.  Being arguably the best hitter on the team, I don't know how you can compare the two - he'd look foolish and insincere pointing the finger at himself.  So he can either blame his team-mates, his manager, his boss, or fate.  He chose the latter, I think wisely.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE] Adrian was RIGHT! From the movie, Oh God! God : The last miracle I did was the 1969 Mets. Before that, I think you have to go back to the Red Sea.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]
    At 5:50:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W0Z2uksgd8&feature=related

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Is there anybody aside from the Muddy Chicken this fanbase isn't going to rip on?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]Is there anybody aside from the Muddy Chicken this fanbase isn't going to rip on?
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

The funny part? We could trade teams with TB and they would somehow complain next year! Sigh.... another year.... hopefully I make a few more so I can complain more!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Tris Speaker  ....

Jimmie Foxx ...

Remarkable names in the lore of baseball at large and Red Sox in particular ...I happen to have both of the legends cards from Strat-0-Matic, which I purchased in 1971 ...

Tied for 31st best BA of all time in a single season.

Three way tie.

That schlum that failed us this year, according to the nimrods taking after him on this thread.

Yep, ancient greats and Adrian Gonzalez ... at .338 .... what a bunch of bums....

Just imagine what Adrian had done if he prepared for the season.

Now, wait .... didn't he have shoulder surgery?  Didn't he come back WEEKS EARLIER than planned?  Didn't he carry the Sox on that reconstructed shoulder (ok, no reconstructed but still surgically cut and put back together...)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I'm apologize but I've seen some really really really dumb posts here against Adrian Gonzalez.

Tragedy brings out the worst in people and some of you really show that.

Lets look at what happened....did it ever occur to some of you that in the midst of everything that happened the players were more shocked than anyone???? because ummm..yeah.. they are the ones who make up the team.

I highly doubt and you are likely a moron if you do think so, that Gonzo thought it was in gods plan every single time he struck out.  Or if he hit into a double play I'm sure he didn't go back to the dugout and think...."well it wasn't in gods plan"

What is 10000000% more plausible and likely is that in the midst of that horrible lost Adrian Gonzalez didn't know what to think, was confused, and shocked like everyone else and was trying to find answers.

And it's very natural for a religious person to turn to god when they can't find answers......why this had to be broken down, analyzed and used to criticise the man is beyond me....but It is absolutely disgusting, and some of you have showed a complete lack of class and comprehension over this issue. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Adrian I trust, though whenever Ortiz leaves the team is going to need a 35 homer guy to pair up with AGon. To count on him to be the only big bat won't be enough.  Very happy he is here.

Sections
Shortcuts