"LET ME BE CLEAR", THE SOX NEED TO TAKE 3 IN PHILLY.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

"LET ME BE CLEAR", THE SOX NEED TO TAKE 3 IN PHILLY.......

THAT MY T-BALL FRIENDS IS A TALL ORDER FOR SURE !!!  WHAT SAY YOU ????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Re: "LET ME BE CLEAR", THE SOX NEED TO TAKE 3 IN PHILLY.......

Easier said than done. Since Sox will be facing Lee and Hamels on the opposite ends of the series. The Phillies do have the best pitching staff in baseball, although not a great hitting team. I would be happy with winning 2 out of 3.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Tall order indeed. Probably won't happen. I would be thrilled with 2, and then 3 at Houston. 6-3 road trip then, which would be wonderful considering how it started.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Anytime you can take 2 out of 3 in any Road Series you should be happy.....2 out of 3 against one of the best teams in baseball at their park would be outstanding. I guarantee you that the Sox would have signed up for 6-3 if not even 5-4 on these 9 games, considering the DH issue....so 2 out of 3 in Philly....and then at least 2 out of 3 in Houston and you go home a little better and hopefully a lot healthier(Crawford, Buchholz, Jenks) than you were when you left.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Bill-806 is, as always, clear but not very smart.  He appears to think that,  because the Sox lost 2 of 3 to the Padres then 2 of 3 to the Pirates, taking 3 of 3 from the Phillies is a piece of cake.  Wrong. 

I predicted losing 2 of 3 to the Pirates because they have good pitching and the Sox hitting is not that strong on this road trip with Ortiz not DH'ing, Crawford out, etc.  I'm very worried about the Phillies series because they have both the best pitching and the best record in MLB. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

We're dead (in terms of this particular series) - thats my prediction.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I predicted (The Danger) the Sox would lose all three in Philly, but I sure hope I'm wrong.  Once again Francona is going to be tempted to shift AGon to RF and Ortiz to 1B. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In Response to Re: "LET ME BE CLEAR", THE SOX NEED TO TAKE 3 IN PHILLY.......:
    [QUOTE]Bill-806 is, as always, clear but not very smart.  He appears to think that,  because the Sox lost 2 of 3 to the Padres then 2 of 3 to the Pirates, taking 3 of 3 from the Phillies is a piece of cake.  Wrong.  I predicted losing 2 of 3 to the Pirates because they have good pitching and the Sox hitting is not that strong on this road trip with Ortiz not DH'ing, Crawford out, etc.  I'm very worried about the Phillies series because they have both the best pitching and the best record in MLB. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]
    I agree that they have the best pitching in baseball , but I am optomistic we can take 2 of 3 based on a few things....one, we luckily miss Doc this series....two, we have been relatrively successful against Cliff lee in the past....three, the Phillies are hitting .246 as a team and other than Ryan Howard do not hit with a lot of Power and all 16 of his hrs have come vs Righties this year, so hopefully Lester keeps that up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

all i hope for is that they rally to win AFTER you guys rake Cliff Lee for 8-9 runs...Tongue out

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Setting the bar awfully high there, taking three from the best team in baseball. Wouldn't expect that in my wildest dreams. Two of three would be beautiful. I could live with one of three.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Tough to take even one unless Beckett is fully recovered from the flu.   Keep your fingers crossed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

This club has played well against the heavy hitters.  They are 20-13 against clubs with 40 or more wins.  Line-up sans Papi is an issue of course against pitching of Phillie's calibre.  But, my feeling is that the Pirates series actually has some good take away.  Playing a club like that, with great young guys playing with serious attitude, on the road, is good for the mojo.  A reminder of how you gotta do your business before you have to go toe to toe with a true juggernaut.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc25. Show tc25's posts

In Response to "LET ME BE CLEAR", THE SOX NEED TO TAKE 3 IN PHILLY.......:
    [QUOTE]  THAT MY T-BALL FRIENDS IS A TALL ORDER FOR SURE !!!  WHAT SAY YOU ????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]
    If Philly start 2 lefties, & we play McDonald & Cameron, plus Tek we could be in trouble

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]This club has played well against the heavy hitters.  They are 20-13 against clubs with 40 or more wins.  Line-up sans Papi is an issue of course against pitching of Phillie's calibre.  But, my feeling is that the Pirates series actually has some good take away.  Playing a club like that, with great young guys playing with serious attitude, on the road, is good for the mojo.  A reminder of how you gotta do your business before you have to go toe to toe with a true juggernaut.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Agreed, Space. This seems to be one of those teams that plays up to or down to its competition. Which could serve us well in the postseason ... assuming we get there!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "LET ME BE CLEAR", THE SOX NEED TO TAKE 3 IN PHILLY....... : Agreed, Space. This seems to be one of those teams that plays up to or down to its competition. Which could serve us well in the postseason ... assuming we get there!
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

no doubt lloyd, but lets not make azzes of ourselves by azzuming.  I, personally, am not thinking, saying or writing anything about the P word until August.  Long road ahead with many twists and turns ... that being said, would be good to stick it to Everyones-NL-WS-Pick Phillies huh?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Phillys have decided to push Kendricks back to Friday and pitch Hamels Thursday against Lester. Hamels will be on normal rest

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

against Hamels and Lee I'd be very happy with 2 out of 3. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

The Sox just need to play well.  They have historically been able to take 2-3 in Philly but this is a new season.  I have been to many of the games at "The Bank" and it is always fun.  We tailgate in the parking lot with thousands of Sox fans and enjoy hoagies from Wawa!  That's right, Wawa!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Sweep....Phillies.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

No they don't.  It would be nice if they took 3, but I'd be happy with taking 2 of 3.

And at this point in the season, they don't have to do anything.  They could get swept and win the division.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Bill-806 is, as always, clear but not very smart.  He appears to think that,  because the Sox lost 2 of 3 to the Padres then 2 of 3 to the Pirates, taking 3 of 3 from the Phillies is a piece of cake.  Wrong.  I predicted losing 2 of 3 to the Pirates because they have good pitching and the Sox hitting is not that strong on this road trip with Ortiz not DH'ing, Crawford out, etc.  I'm very worried about the Phillies series because they have both the best pitching and the best record in MLB. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]  I BEG YOUR PARDON !!  I NEVER SAID WE WOULD TAKE 3 IN A ROW.....WHAT I DID SAY IS THAT WE NEED TO WIN ALL 3 BUT IT WILL BE A TOUGH TASK FOR SURE !!   NOW THEN, NO ICE CREAM FOR YOU TONIGHT.  MAY I SUGGEST THAT YOU RE-READ THE ASIGNMENT !!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

"Need" to sweep?  Of course they don't, there are about 85 games left.  What are you smoking, Bill?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

This is June not September, in reality they do not "need" to take any in Phila.  Be satisfied if they take one game.  Phila is an excellent team and no push-over.  In the long run Phila is certainly as good as the RS and perhaps better...  Months over time will tell.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]"Need" to sweep?  Of course they don't, there are about 85 games left.  What are you smoking, Bill?
    Posted by SonicsMonksLyresVicars[/QUOTE]  SON, IT'S LATER THAN YOU THINK !!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

[QUOTE]The Sox just need to play well.  They have historically been able to take 2-3 in Philly but this is a new season.  I have been to many of the games at "The Bank" and it is always fun.  We tailgate in the parking lot with thousands of Sox fans and enjoy hoagies from Wawa!  That's right, Wawa!
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

Jim I will be there Wednesday night. I work 6-3 that day so I will be there early at McFadden's at the Ball Park. I tried to get you two tickets from my co-workers neighbor. He or she was offering 34.00 tickets for 100.00 a piece. No thanks. You'll do better on stub-hub. Let me know if you're going Wednesday. Between 6 and 6:30, I will be standing at the Mike Schmidt statue with my Ted Williams 1951 jersey and my Crawford red shirt and blue hat. Stop by please or anyone else Wed. I will be sitting in section 113 row 24 seat 5(It's my friend's partial season ticket plan) I may go Tuesday but I may have to sneak out of work early. So if you're going Tuesday I might be there. Oh well I hope some of you stop by at the statue so I can meet some of you. Thursday afternoon I can't go. Go Sox!

Sections
Shortcuts