"LET ME BE CLEAR", YOUR NEXT RED SOX MANAGER WILL HAVE MORE STRINGS THAN.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingOSmakk. Show KingOSmakk's posts

Re: "LET ME BE CLEAR", YOUR NEXT RED SOX MANAGER WILL HAVE MORE STRINGS THAN.....

Don't foget about me and my irrelevant stats!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Re: "LET ME BE CLEAR", YOUR NEXT RED SOX MANAGER WILL HAVE MORE STRINGS THAN.....

After Francona and Epstein left, Lucchino became the power authority he's wanted to be since the gorilla suit incident.      John Henry has said that Lucchino runs the Red Sox.      Anything that requires real decision making will go through Lucchino.

Cherington will make minor decisions and the new manager will work closely with Carmine.    

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

In Response to Re: "LET ME BE CLEAR", YOUR NEXT RED SOX MANAGER WILL HAVE MORE STRINGS THAN.....:
    [QUOTE]Howdy Doody is NOT my idea of a winning manager. IS IT going to be another 75+ years before we achieve the ultimate like we had under Francona, I certainly pray yall are wrong about this...Francona was not a full marionette.
    Posted by DeweyCBoston[/QUOTE]

LOL...  Francona was the Poster Boy for "This Type" of Manager !! No Wonder he looked lost most of the time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

So... you're going eith Howdy Doody here?

Is that really the only pop culture puppet reference you can make for a puppet?  Or really for control, which was the underlying point?

I'm just saying.. that show has been off the air for like half a century.  Can we get a more recent reference just once around here?!?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: "LET ME BE CLEAR", YOUR NEXT RED SOX MANAGER WILL HAVE MORE STRINGS THAN.....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to "LET ME BE CLEAR", YOUR NEXT RED SOX MANAGER WILL HAVE MORE STRINGS THAN..... : Sadly I am getting the same inclination based on everything I am hearing recently...if that's the case then the manager is already in place they just need the 'Yes man' puppet in place to envoke their wishes... Now with that said and if it is truly the case, then what difference does it make whom they bring in...Dale Sveum seems to be the favorite and my guess is that he has shown the most capability of following FO instructions during the interview process...if that's there approach to hiring a manager then we will all suffer watching Bill James and Carmine drive this team into the ground! It could get really ugly boys and girls if BILL and I are at all accurate with our beliefs today!
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

i said/posted that after the firing. some didnt get it.

seems that way only moreso. rather than a manager who can compete for a championship they rather have a pushover. ditto for the gm spot. cherington a pushover for lucky. they seem to only care about what guy in each position will allow them to be comfortable, not feel insecure or threatened, and will take whatever "coaching" they get from the top.

weak. very weak.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "LET ME BE CLEAR", YOUR NEXT RED SOX MANAGER WILL HAVE MORE STRINGS THAN..... : LOL...  Francona was the Poster Boy for "This Type" of Manager !! No Wonder he looked lost most of the time.
    Posted by ALaGatorAL[/QUOTE]

now they want someone who knows less that tito, who will be more of a wet noodle for them. yuk.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "LET ME BE CLEAR", YOUR NEXT RED SOX MANAGER WILL HAVE MORE STRINGS THAN..... : The pitching already needs more than "tweaking" and may need a lot more if the Big Three ( or one or two ) don't stay healthy or pitch sub-par. And as notin says, absent Papelbon this team at the moment  is less equipped to compete than before he skipped town, happily, I suspect, for the contract and, perhaps, for lesser reasons, but reasons nonetheless. 
    Posted by expitch[/QUOTE]

Definitely agree that acquiring pitching should be the top priority for the Red Sox next season.  They need both starting pitching and bullpen help.  They either need to sign a closer or maybe give Bard the opportunity to close, (not sure that he is ready).  I hope that they sign a veteran closer to a one year contract and also give Bard the opportunity to close some games.  If he proves to be a reliable closer than he should become the permanent future closer.  Whoever else they sign can replace him in the bullpen.   Not sure who they are going to sign as a starter, but they definitely need at least one or maybe two starters. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

NOTHING YET......  NO BIG RUSH !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

FIRST THE RS WILL HIRE A GUY WHO AGREES WITH THEIR PHILOSOPHY. IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE YOU ARE LIVING IN YOUR OWN WORLD. EVERY TEAM HIRES A GUY WHO AGREES WITH THE TEAM'S PHILOSOPHY IF THEY DON'T WHAT THE FO IS DOING WILL NOT WORK WITH HOW THE MANAGER MANAGES.

AS FOR BILL JAMES HIS WORK AND SYSTEM GOT US THE 2 WS. FOR WITH OUT BILL MUELLAR, MILLAR, pAPI AND SEVERAL OTHERS WE WOULD NOT HAVE HAD 2 WS.
    l believe that his system got all of our recent acquistions including CC and Lackey. As with any system some times it does not work because you are dealing with humans and not machines

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]FIRST THE RS WILL HIRE A GUY WHO AGREES WITH THEIR PHILOSOPHY. IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE YOU ARE LIVING IN YOUR OWN WORLD. EVERY TEAM HIRES A GUY WHO AGREES WITH THE TEAM'S PHILOSOPHY IF THEY DON'T WHAT THE FO IS DOING WILL NOT WORK WITH HOW THE MANAGER MANAGES. AS FOR BILL JAMES HIS WORK AND SYSTEM GOT US THE 2 WS. FOR WITH OUT BILL MUELLAR, MILLAR, pAPI AND SEVERAL OTHERS WE WOULD NOT HAVE HAD 2 WS. l believe that his system got all of our recent acquistions including CC and Lackey. As with any system some times it does not work because you are dealing with humans and not machines
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]THANKS JIM...... BASEBALL STILL IS PLAYED WITH A "PULSE" AT THE OLD BALL YARD, BETWEEN THE LINES !!!  AND THAT IS WHAT MUELLAR & MILLAR BROUGHT TO THE FIELD EVERY DAY/NIGHT !!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

THATS IF WE EVER HIRE ONE !!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Seems the same could be said of the GM, too!

Lucchino is definitely the man in charge again.  I'm not too thrilled by that.  And I give Cherington two years, if he even lasts that long.  Personally, I would be contemplating my exit right now, after the Sveum/Valentine developments of today.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

AS DAD WOULD SAY....... "SON, THIS MIGHT BE THE 1ST TIME WE HAVE EVER BEEN WRONG, WOW, IF BOBBY V. COMES IN, NO STRINGS THERE" !!!!

Sections
Shortcuts