"Resting" Yankees Will Be No Pushover...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChifferBrane. Show ChifferBrane's posts

"Resting" Yankees Will Be No Pushover...

Yankees didn't have a full lineup for most (if not all) of the Tampa series...
    Last night, no Jeter/Swisher/ARod...

And uh, Yankees swept TB - and Tampa Bay was trying on all cylinders....

And that aside, do you really think a 'resting' Yankee team is worse than the Orioles..?

Would be just like this team to think the weekend might provide some relief.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: "Resting" Yankees Will Be No Pushover...

But the pitching staffs for the Yankees were not resting!!  They all pitched. Also the Yankees top two pitchers, Nova/Sabathia did pitched against Tampa at the same time Tampa were all worn out spending so much time pounding the Sox's staffs except Beckett.   

Remember Boston best pitcher, Beckett won a game for Boston while he missed the Tampa/Boston series in Tampa.  

Boston still can beat Tampa if Beckett was pitching and rest few regulars.  

So therefore, pitching win games more than offense!!!  You should know that

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Especially in the first game yesterday when not one pitcher went more 2.2 IP. That was a bullpen game from start to finish.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Remember Yankees bullpen are one of the better bullpen in MLB.  That was why they saved off alot of close games this year!!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I agree they won't roll over....

Does anyone really care we didn't win the division with the real plum being home field advantage where we really haven’t had one lately with opponents putting more dents in the Green Monster than us.  I think going on the road for our last 6 games may be a blessing !!!   Let’s be positive going into NY.  We have beaten them 11-4 this year and the last series in Fenway when they won 2 out of 3, we could have swept but lacked clutch hits !  And, Sabathia whom we had beaten in 4 previous games this year did not dominate in his victory in the last game.  If we can win 2 out of 3 in NY, and you know they can’t be as motivated as us having clinched the division, they could be questioning themselves if, when, hopefully we meet in the playoffs.  And, ya know, 2 out of 3…don’t want to be greedy and say a sweep by us…would bring the fans back aboard when, according to numerous posts, feel we don’t deserve to be in the playoffs. And, if Yankees sweep us or even win 2 or of 3, I’ll be in the same camp “we don’t deserve to be in the playoffs, backing in especially, if the Rays & Angels can’t win the majority of their games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In Response to Re: "Resting" Yankees Will Be No Pushover...:
    Especially in the first game yesterday when not one pitcher went more 2.2 IP. That was a bullpen game from start to finish.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Hey Jesse,
    My take after watching both games yesterday was that Maddon overmanaged both and for the life of me I don't know why he pulled Hellickson last night the kid was dealin and had only throw 97 pitches...what the last few days did was expose the Rays for what they are and that is a team that has a suspect offesne with a suspect bullpen...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

I agree they won't roll over.... Does anyone really care we didn't win the division with the real plum being home field advantage where we really haven’t had one lately with opponents putting more dents in the Green Monster than us.  I think going on the road for our last 6 games may be a blessing !!!   Let’s be positive going into NY.  We have beaten them 11-4 this year and the last series in Fenway when they won 2 out of 3, we could have swept but lacked clutch hits !  And, Sabathia whom we had beaten in 4 previous games this year did not dominate in his victory in the last game.  If we can win 2 out of 3 in NY, and you know they can’t be as motivated as us having clinched the division, they could be questioning themselves if, when, hopefully we meet in the playoffs.  And, ya know, 2 out of 3…don’t want to be greedy and say a sweep by us…would bring the fans back aboard when, according to numerous posts, feel we don’t deserve to be in the playoffs. And, if Yankees sweep us or even win 2 or of 3, I’ll be in the same camp “we don’t deserve to be in the playoffs, backing in especially, if the Rays & Angels can’t win the majority of their games.
    Posted by mandobello

though it's unlikely...if we win 5 of 6 it doesn't matter what the Rays or Angels do...if we win 4 of 6 we're garanteed a one game playoff if either of them win out...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Agreed Beantowne.

The truth is that there are no 100% correct answers in baseball.  Whether it is an on the field move, a F.O. trade or a G.M. Free Agent signing. And everyone is open to second guessing.

mandobello - I don't know that going on the road is the remedy. Perhaps it is, but the Sox always struck me as a team that thrives off it's home crowd.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexWrecks. Show TexWrecks's posts

I agree they won't roll over.... Does anyone really care we didn't win the division with the real plum being home field advantage where we really haven’t had one lately with opponents putting more dents in the Green Monster than us.  I think going on the road for our last 6 games may be a blessing !!!   Let’s be positive going into NY.  We have beaten them 11-4 this year and the last series in Fenway when they won 2 out of 3, we could have swept but lacked clutch hits !  And, Sabathia whom we had beaten in 4 previous games this year did not dominate in his victory in the last game.  If we can win 2 out of 3 in NY, and you know they can’t be as motivated as us having clinched the division, they could be questioning themselves if, when, hopefully we meet in the playoffs.  And, ya know, 2 out of 3…don’t want to be greedy and say a sweep by us…would bring the fans back aboard when, according to numerous posts, feel we don’t deserve to be in the playoffs. And, if Yankees sweep us or even win 2 or of 3, I’ll be in the same camp “we don’t deserve to be in the playoffs, backing in especially, if the Rays & Angels can’t win the majority of their games.
    Posted by mandobello

You don't care that this team didn't win the division? This was probably one of the most hyped teams in the history of baseball: the Herald dubbed them one of the greatest teams ever before a single game had been played. Everybody was drinking that Kool-aid. As a yankee fan I find this collapse particularly hilarious because the Yankees were supposedly the old rickety team who couldn't pitch. Things aren't over yet and baseball is unpredictable so we'll obviously have to wait and see what happens. Still, to see a media-hyped Goliath fold like a cheap suit si more than a little funny.

Sections
Shortcuts