"SON, HOW DO YOU LIKE OUR RED SOX NOW"!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

"SON, HOW DO YOU LIKE OUR RED SOX NOW"!!!!!!!

GEE DAD, I WAS CONCERNED GOING INTO TEXAS WITH THE 106 TEMP'S..... BUT THE BOYS MET THE TASK...... WE CAN LEAVE THE ALAMO 3-1 OR 2-2 AT WORSE.......  3-1 WOULD BE GREAT !!  GOOOOOD JOB THEO, TITO, AND SOX TOO !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: "SON, HOW DO YOU LIKE OUR RED SOX NOW"!!!!!!!

In Response to "SON, HOW DO YOU LIKE OUR RED SOX NOW"!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]   GEE DAD, I WAS CONCERNED GOING INTO TEXAS WITH THE 106 TEMP'S..... BUT THE BOYS MET THE TASK...... WE CAN LEAVE THE ALAMO 3-1 OR 2-2 AT WORSE.......  3-1 WOULD BE GREAT !!  GOOOOOD JOB THEO, TITO, AND SOX TOO !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Throw strikes Andrew.  A couple/few solo shots are childsplay for this offense to overcome.  But, get those bases chucked and there is no tellin' ...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I'll 2nd that. pound the strike zone and keep em off the bases with unnecessary walks. our D is right where it has to be right now. please lord above just let our boys stay healthy and not get hurt. sticks are smokin right now space, another good feeling about tonite. tell ya, the only guy last nite that had a bigger smile on their face besides me was crawdaddy! it looks like he's closed his stance just a slight amount and has gotten his mechanics straightened out. like he's getting the bat barrel around just a mite quicker is how I see it. A W tonite would be sweeeeet!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In Response to Re: "SON, HOW DO YOU LIKE OUR RED SOX NOW"!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to "SON, HOW DO YOU LIKE OUR RED SOX NOW"!!!!!!! : Throw strikes Andrew.  A couple/few solo shots are childsplay for this offense to overcome.  But, get those bases chucked and there is no tellin' ...
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

That is great advice Space, not just for Miller but for all our pitchers...they have agreat defense behind them, as you said they have an offense that will get them runs....pound the Zone...stop the walks and high pitch counts...get a little deper into the game....help the Bullpen out....if you give up a few solo shots....so be it....better than getting dinked and walking it runs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "SON, HOW DO YOU LIKE OUR RED SOX NOW"!!!!!!! : That is great advice Space, not just for Miller but for all our pitchers...they have agreat defense behind them, as you said they have an offense that will get them runs....pound the Zone...stop the walks and high pitch counts...get a little deper into the game....help the Bullpen out....if you give up a few solo shots....so be it....better than getting dinked and walking it runs.
    Posted by tomnev[/QUOTE]

Miller has been an interesting case study in this regard.  Came up as a flame thrower, but couldn't find the plate with a telescope.  So the Marlins tried, and the Sox organization succeeded, in getting him to forget about velocity and just pound the zone, trust his stuff.  In his early outings with the sox, he was definitely erring on the side of throwing meatballs to achieve this control.  He looked pretty good a couple times out, but then got hammered.  After that, he seemed to lose trust in the throw-strikes-at-all-costs plan and went back to blazing and nibbling, which got him absolutely nowhere.  Now he seems to be finding a comfy middle ground, and it seems to me to be stimulated by his newfound get-it-and-throw work-pace.  Interesting test for him tonight.  I mean, for sure, you throw anyone in this Ranger line-up a cookie, he is gonna get professional with it.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "SON, HOW DO YOU LIKE OUR RED SOX NOW"!!!!!!! : Miller has been an interesting case study in this regards.  Came up as a flame thrower, but couldn't find the plate with a telescope.  So the Marlins tried, and the Sox organization succeeded, in getting him to forget about velocity and just pound the zone, trust his stuff.  In his early outings with the sox, he was definitely erring on the side of throwing meatballs to achieve this control.  He looked pretty good a couple times out, but then got hammered.  After that, he seemed to lose trust in the throw-strikes-at-all-costs plan and went back to blazing and nibbling, which got him absolutely nowhere.  Now he seems to be finding a comfy middle ground, and it seems to me to be stimulated by his newfound get-it-and-throw work-pace.  Interesting test for him tonight.  I mean, for sure, you throw anyone in this Ranger line-up a cookie, he is gonna get professional with it.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]SPOT ON SPACEMAN !!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to "SON, HOW DO YOU LIKE OUR RED SOX NOW"!!!!!!! : Throw strikes Andrew.  A couple/few solo shots are childsplay for this offense to overcome.  But, get those bases chucked and there is no tellin' ...
    this is key. hes gotta calm down and throw solid strikes. 4 and 5 walks a game is way to much. especially for lineups like texas, ours and the yankees. They jump on mistakes

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Everyone should always listen to their Dad.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Everyone should always listen to their Dad.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]3 OUT OF 4 IN THE TEXAS HEAT WAS NOT BAD AT ALL !!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Bill, it sure wasn't I believe the Red Sox were not sitting back on pitches and got more aggressive at the plate. The Sox have to take care of business with the A's and not look ahead to the Yankee series on Tuesday.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Bill, it sure wasn't I believe the Red Sox were not sitting back on pitches and got more aggressive at the plate. The Sox have to take care of business with the A's and not look ahead to the Yankee series on Tuesday.
    Posted by ANONMD08[/QUOTE] SPOT ON, SON !!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc25. Show tc25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "SON, HOW DO YOU LIKE OUR RED SOX NOW"!!!!!!! : Miller has been an interesting case study in this regard.  Came up as a flame thrower, but couldn't find the plate with a telescope.  So the Marlins tried, and the Sox organization succeeded, in getting him to forget about velocity and just pound the zone, trust his stuff.  In his early outings with the sox, he was definitely erring on the side of throwing meatballs to achieve this control.  He looked pretty good a couple times out, but then got hammered.  After that, he seemed to lose trust in the throw-strikes-at-all-costs plan and went back to blazing and nibbling, which got him absolutely nowhere.  Now he seems to be finding a comfy middle ground, and it seems to me to be stimulated by his newfound get-it-and-throw work-pace.  Interesting test for him tonight.  I mean, for sure, you throw anyone in this Ranger line-up a cookie, he is gonna get professional with it.  
    Space, good game last night  didn't get to watch it busy, tell me why Tito took out Miller after he gave up one hit in the 7th

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "SON, HOW DO YOU LIKE OUR RED SOX NOW"!!!!!!! : Space, good game last night  didn't get to watch it busy, tell me why Tito took out Miller after he gave up one hit in the 7th
    Posted by tc25[/QUOTE]

Yeah, not sure TC.  he was still pitching well and didn't look like he was laboring at all.  i think they are just giving him the usual Sox kid-glove treatment in terms of stretching him out after his stint in the pen.  Would have been a good night to let the kid take it home.  i mean he looked easy breezy and was dealing.  83 pitches.  But, no dice.  The Sox org. really errs on the side of caution with the arms.  Dunno.  ironic since the staff has been riddled with injuries anyway.  But, I am ok with it.  I know it eats old-skoolers like Alibi and Dannycater up though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

space, like I tried to say before. why push the envelope with this kid pitching in 103 degrees? tito had a good plan. alfredo came in and was money. followed by more money and a W in the end. miller came outta that game probably feeling pretty damn good about himself...even only after 83 pitches. I'm looking at the big picture here space. no need to push with this kid. too much good ball left to play. in all, a happy ending and no complaints from me.

not sure who gets the ball tonite space. if it's timmy I hope he can get to atleast the 5th with a lead. are you getting ready to batten down the hatches old friend. storms a coming!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]space, like I tried to say before. why push the envelope with this kid pitching in 103 degrees? tito had a good plan. alfredo came in and was money. followed by more money and a W in the end. miller came outta that game probably feeling pretty damn good about himself...even only after 83 pitches. I'm looking at the big picture here space. no need to push with this kid. too much good ball left to play. in all, a happy ending and no complaints from me. not sure who gets the ball tonite space. if it's timmy I hope he can get to atleast the 5th with a lead. are you getting ready to batten down the hatches old friend. storms a coming!
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

I am with you hammah.  I don't really take issue with kid-gloving Andrew last night.  At some point, they gotta stretch him out and see what he can do, but i don;t see any reason to rush either.  I did kind of want to see him finsish the 7th though.  Whateva.  A non-issue really.  As for Wakem, man I'd love to see him get this 200th out of the way tonight.  Both because I love Timmy and want him to get his milestone, but also because then there is no sentimental/personal issues clouding how Tito lines up his rotation for the stretch.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

what do they say? great minds think alike...........lol....hey, how cool will it be to get buch back sept 1st healthy,strong and ready to go eh space?
    ya gotta think that the A's are shell shocked after their visit to the bronx space. let's keep it going tonight. bet you a large pepperoni and a pitcher of suds that Agon goes yard tonight....lol...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

NOT TONIGHT AS WAKIE HAS GIVEN UP 8 RUNS !!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WC5842. Show WC5842's posts

In Response to "SON, HOW DO YOU LIKE OUR RED SOX NOW"!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]   GEE DAD, I WAS CONCERNED GOING INTO TEXAS WITH THE 106 TEMP'S..... BUT THE BOYS MET THE TASK...... WE CAN LEAVE THE ALAMO 3-1 OR 2-2 AT WORSE.......  3-1 WOULD BE GREAT !!  GOOOOOD JOB THEO, TITO, AND SOX TOO !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]
    How is that working out for you now, an Butt kicking at home against the lowly A's.. And I am sure when it was 8-4 you actually thought " Hey the Yankees came back from 7-1 against them yesterday",  then you realized your not the Yankees.