"There certainly wasn't any sense of urgency tonight. The Red Sox were rather desultory, seemingly content to let another game drift away".

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeftyGrove. Show LeftyGrove's posts

Re: "There certainly wasn't any sense of urgency tonight. The Red Sox were rather desultory, seemingly content to let an...

Last night was another example of bad baseball: Overthrowing the cut off man, twice!!!!! Bard looked continually lousy. Not the guy from the past.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: "There certainly wasn't any sense of urgency tonight. The Red Sox were rather desultory, seemingly content to let an...

In Response to Re: "There certainly wasn't any sense of urgency tonight. The Red Sox were rather desultory, seemingly content to let another game drift away".:
    [QUOTE]Last night was another example of bad baseball: Overthrowing the cut off man, twice!!!!! Bard looked continually lousy. Not the guy from the past.
    Posted by LeftyGrove[/QUOTE]

Looks like hes trying to throw more offspeed stuff and not challenging/attacking the hitters as well like he used to...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: "There certainly wasn't any sense of urgency tonight. The Red Sox were rather desultory, seemingly content to let another game drift away".:
    [QUOTE]Last night was another example of bad baseball: Overthrowing the cut off man, twice!!!!! Bard looked continually lousy. Not the guy from the past.
    Posted by LeftyGrove[/QUOTE]
    Bard looks like a tired pitcher. Fastball has flattened out and become quite hittable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to "There certainly wasn't any sense of urgency tonight. The Red Sox were rather desultory, seemingly content to let another game drift away".:
    [QUOTE]This quote is from Peter Abraham's storyline after tonight's debacle. I've been talking mismanagement and lack of accountability breeding mediocrity for several days now. Are we ALL now starting to understand the problem. PLEASE: No more slow thinkers or Coma Ditto-Heads anymore. Would appreciate comments on how the Sox can save themselves. Thanks.
    Posted by PetesCall[/QUOTE]
    So you can call out Tito for "mismanagement," but no one is allowed to defend him? Nice rules you set.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "There certainly wasn't any sense of urgency tonight. The Red Sox were rather desultory, seemingly content to let another game drift away". : Bard looks like a tired pitcher. Fastball has flattened out and become quite hittable.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing.

I'm surprised that the Tito-bashers haven't jumped on this and accused Tito of over-using the players instead of resting them.  And that he has shown too much sense of urgency instead of properly resting players.

All seriousness aside, Bard could probably do with a few days off.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Myles-Standish. Show Myles-Standish's posts

Scott and Pete have much in common. They both fail to think before they post.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Bard looks tired out there.  Perhaps he needs to take a day or two off? 

Or Bard should stop hanging out with Lackey and hang out more with Lester and Beckett.  lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "There certainly wasn't any sense of urgency tonight. The Red Sox were rather desultory, seemingly content to let another game drift away". : Neither is blaming him for EVERY SINGLE THING and call him childish names..I dont agree with everything he does, but when I do I say it in a grown up way, not like some little girl whining like all the "Coma-Haters" such as yourself...
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

Ouch, that's going to leave a mark.

Anyway, you're spot on.  You can tell a lot about the sophistication of another poster by the way they argue.  When they revert to insults, and when they insist that x is always right or always wrong, it's a low level of sophistication.

It's like that in the real world as well.  Even within my own political spectrum, when I hear someone saying that we're always right, and 'they're' always wrong, I know they aren't really thinking through all the issues.