"This has become a very unlikeable team."

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Re: "This has become a very unlikeable team."

In Response to "This has become a very unlikeable team.":
    [QUOTE] A lot of people in the Red Sox organization from top to bottom need a loud wakeup call.
    Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE]

You are right on that point. This team does need a wakeup call. They have some really good players that want to win like Pedey & Ells. I am sure they can get this turned around next season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I think a new day is coming guys. I think that ownership is gonna bring in a no nonsense take no krap type of seasoned manager and there are gonna be alot of things that will be different come spring time. first memo from John Henry this winter to his returning players should read "don't even come to spring training out of shape"
    especially the starting pitchers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

wants to se empty seats???? That's just stupid... That guy wants to leave his team just after 2 bad years??? Then Pirates, Royals, or O's don't need their ballpark.  They should just play their games at the public park..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

It truly pains me to say this, but the Yankees seem to be a more likable group of individuals.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!...dislike a team full of FAT, PRETENTIOUS  LAZY FRIED CHICKEN EATING, BEER GUZZLING SWINE??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: "This has become a very unlikeable team.":
    [QUOTE]It truly pains me to say this, but the Yankees seem to be a more likable group of individuals.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

the operative word there lloyd is seem. a friend of mine works in a MLB clubhouse. he said if fans knew what actually went on off the field, they wouldnt be.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "This has become a very unlikeable team." : the operative word there lloyd is seem. a friend of mine works in a MLB clubhouse. he said if fans knew what actually went on off the field, they wouldnt be.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    That's why I used "seem." It would be naive of me to claim I know them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]It truly pains me to say this, but the Yankees seem to be a more likable group of individuals.

Lloyd - How much of this perception existed inside of you at the beginning of September?  I ask, because there are guys I have not liked on this current roster:  I have always got a bad vibe from Lackey for instance (though, admittedly, I have no real idea about any of these guys).  But, by and large, I like almost all of these guys.  I ask because, it is easy to find dislike when the Boston media circus is falling over itself revamping its tent show to uncover every piece of dirt and amplify every negative innuendo.  Now, I am really let down by the clubhouse in-game parties.  For sure.  My respect for Beckett and Lester, previously through the roof, is heavily dampened.  Wake has done himself no favors with his comments.  But, I also know better than to be whipped up into too much of a frenzy by the sports media, especially the Boston media.  As a Sox fan, I am prone to wild swings of emotion as it is.  So, I am going to let this current slam fest ebb a little, and wait til I hear some players talk, when they are ready, before I jump on the horror train.

I am sad enough losing Francona without going down the road of finding the Yankees more likeable  Cry

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Sorry for your pain.Go to Yankee or Phillies site and share your pain with them. You can likable to death with all those crying yahoos

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Many teams go about their business in a professional way with respect for the game and showing some class.
    In very recent years, too many Sox players felt entitled, self centered, and a disconnect with the fans.
    There's a very small percentage of athletes that make it to the top of their sport and they need to reflect on how lucky and well paid they are. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I still LOVE my RED SOX

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "This has become a very unlikeable team." : Lloyd - How much of this perception existed inside of you at the beginning of September?  I ask, because there are guys I have not liked on this current roster:  I have always got a bad vibe from Lackey for instance (though, admittedly, I have no real idea about any of these guys).  But, by and large, I like almost all of these guys.  I ask because, it is easy to find dislike when the Boston media circus is falling over itself revamping its tent show to uncover every piece of dirt and amplify every negative innuendo.  Now, I am really let down by the clubhouse in-game parties.  For sure.  My respect for Beckett and Lester, previously through the roof, is heavily dampened.  Wake has done himself no favors with his comments.  But, I also know better than to be whipped up into too much of a frenzy by the sports media, especially the Boston media.  As a Sox fan, I am prone to wild swings of emotion as it is.  So, I am going to let this current slam fest ebb a little, and wait til I hear some players talk, when they are ready, before I jump on the horror train. I am sad enough losing Francona without going down the road of finding the Yankees more likeable  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]
    Fair question. Agree with you on Lackey ... his histrionics on the mound were ridiculous. Youkilis lost style points for publicly criticizing Ellsbury last season. That stuff has to stay indoors. But that was pretty much it, honestly. I didn't know any of this stuff that has come to light in the last few days.

I spoke a little out of frustration earlier. Rest assured, I will remain a Red Sox fan and root for the Yankees to go 0-162 every year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "This has become a very unlikeable team." : Sorry for your pain.Go to Yankee or Phillies site and share your pain with them. You can likable to death with all those crying yahoos
    Posted by donrd4[/QUOTE]
    I'm sorry, and you are ...?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Entitled players.
    Entitled Media.
    Entitled WEEI callers.
    Entitled fans.
    Entitled BDC posters.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "This has become a very unlikeable team." : That's why I used "seem." It would be naive of me to claim I know them.

Unfortunately it seems that we are reading about the Sox clubhouse...I don't think I could actually think of the Yanks as likeable.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Is there anyone here that thinks Lackey acts like a d bag on the mound and then does a 180 behind closed doors?  I do not doubt for a second that he is a jerk all the time.  Who can forget the "my life sucks right now" comment?

His attitude is contagious.

I was mocked in July for bringing up that he looked out of shape as he panted on the mound in between pitches after only 2 innings. I was mocked when I dismissed his personal problems as affecting his performance as the rest here disregarded the fact his career stats blow.

He is a bad person with a bad arm.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Lloyd; Space Ace

Come to the dark side.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Maybe Texas will take Beckett, I'd like to see Nolan Ryan deal with Josh.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe Texas will take Beckett, I'd like to see Nolan Ryan deal with Josh.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]
    +1

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Beckett, Youk, and any prospect Texas wants for Josh Hamilton.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Beckett, Youk, and any prospect Texas wants for Josh Hamilton.

I would love to see Josh Hamilton in a Red Sox uniform.  He is one of my favorite MLB players.  Don't know why Texas would make this deal. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "This has become a very unlikeable team." : Unfortunately it seems that we are reading about the Sox clubhouse...I don't think I could actually think of the Yanks as likeable.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]
    To be clear, I was saying some of the Yankee players (Jeter, Rivera, Posada, etc.) are likable. Though I realize I've committed a cardinal sin on this board by saying something positive about the Evil Empire.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Beckett, Youk, and any prospect Texas wants for Josh Hamilton.
    I'd be all for that, but Nolan Ryan isn't nearly that stupid.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "This has become a very unlikeable team." : To be clear, I was saying some of the Yankee players (Jeter, Rivera, Posada, etc.) are likable. Though I realize I've committed a cardinal sin on this board by saying something positive about the Evil Empire.

I thought that the "cardinal sin" on BDC has always been saying something positive about the Red Sox.

Sections
Shortcuts