"Toxic" Clubhouse? Don't tell that to Marlon Byrd

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

Re: "Toxic" Clubhouse? Don't tell that to Marlon Byrd

In Response to Re: "Toxic" Clubhouse? Don't tell that to Marlon Byrd:
    [QUOTE]If you just got a swirly ...maybe you'd think it was toxic ... But I appreciate Byrd's sentiments and willingness to share it with such excitement.  Puts a shine on things.  Ross and Sweeney, as mentioned, are really happy to be here, too.  Makes a big difference when the new guys want to be with you. Hey, doesn't that sort of snack the heck out of "players don't want to come to Boston"????  I really can't remember the last guys who wasn't happy to come here. VMart was torn up over leaving his life-long affiliation in Cleveland, but he was still happy to come here.
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Yeah, big attitude upgrade over Drew with those two. And I doubt that Francona was very good at managing diverse personalities. He is very "straightline" himself, and I never got the impression he was a good manager of people when you factor in group dynamics, as opposed to just relating to players one on one. He certainly seemed to have no solution when things started to spiral out of control last year. BV a definite upgrade there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

Re: "Toxic" Clubhouse? Don't tell that to Marlon Byrd

In Response to Re: "Toxic" Clubhouse? Don't tell that to Marlon Byrd:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: "Toxic" Clubhouse? Don't tell that to Marlon Byrd : haha.  the rat thing just won't die.  I agree with you that Pedey's anger was misplaced.  I just think it was a good thing for the long haul to have things buble to the surface early, rather than later.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

As usual, Space, I agree with you. Also think that BV is totally OK with Petey, because BV knows that as a manager of players (who can occasionally be prima donnas), you need a thick skin and a short memory.

Sections
Shortcuts