As DAD would say...... "SON, tell Jon Lester to develop the ...........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

As DAD would say...... "SON, tell Jon Lester to develop the ...........

Brush-back pitch, and your results and pitch count will look much better !!!!!  Really, when was the last time that he had batters "dancing" in the batters box ????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: As DAD would say......

You want him to throw more balls to reduce his pitch count. That seems counter productive no?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

You want him to throw more balls to reduce his pitch count. That seems counter productive no?

You have to "give to get"......   Meaning, the strike zone gets bigger when you keep the batter off balance !!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Is this thread meant to be a self-interaction thread? I don't see anyone else interested.

Thats because most of the posters are saying to themselves, "why didn't I think of that" !!!!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

No they are not

OK Mr B.    Have a nice day !!!Cool

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Shut it loser.

>RESPECT   !!!!!    (BDC is watching)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

[QUOTE]

You have to "give to get"......   Meaning, the strike zone gets bigger when you keep the batter off balance !!!

[/QUOTE]

No brush back pitches are to keep hitters off the point not to expand the strike zone. You expand the strike zone by changing location. Come on Bill Lester threw 114 in 6.1 because he throw a lot of balls wasting a pitch so the hitter won't clawber the ball isn't going to help that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

No brush back pitches are to keep hitters off the point not to expand the strike zone. You expand the strike zone by changing location. Come on Bill Lester threw 114 in 6.1 because he throw a lot of balls wasting a pitch so the hitter won't clawber the ball isn't going to help that.

I hear what your saying, I just think that batters look to darn comfortable against him....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Why didn't I think of that?

"Here we are trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why.- Kurt Vonnegut

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lester has been throwing a lot of pitches lately, true. But the Sox haven't exactly been playing defense well behind him. 

He had a miserable June, but he's been really good since July 3rd with a 3.65 ERA. His W/L record has as much to do with unearned runs and poor run support. 

I do, always, think getting into the hitter's kitchen is a good idea. But I love old-school pitching. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Brush-back pitch, and your results and pitch count will look much better !!!!!  Really, when was the last time that he had batters "dancing" in the batters box ????

Ithink the real problem is that Lester has an issue with himself... Does that guy ever smile or does he even enjoy pitching? Watch this guy , He looks like he's mad at the world. He beat cancer ,has a great job, but never does he just relax and what happens ,happens.  He seems to me he's lost the fun of the game and he  lets it get the best of him. It's ok to want to do your best but not to a point where you lose control of what your doing. Heck, if he smiled ,it just might scare the batter.  Sometimes he sweats so  much it could fill a bucket.Relax dude, take a step back and enjoy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

EVEN DAD KNOWS......you miss in and you get taken.  JL hasnt exactly been hitting his spots this season.  best for him to live on the outer half.

LOL @ Zilla.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Now wait a minute here, Lester hit Lawrie with a pitch. Doesn't that count?

"Hold it fellows, that don't move me. Let's get real, real gone for a change."

-Elvis Presley

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.