@ 431, who said the KID can't hit ???????

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Re: @ 431, who said the KID can't hit ???????

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Only 20 years old, he will get stronger and the skills will get better.........  The Sox better hold on to this guy, IGGY is the real deal !!!     What say you ???    >RESPECT

Bill, you were probably the biggest Iggy booster around here, as the motto at Dartmouth states; Vox Clamantis in Deserto. (Voice crying out in the wilderness) You don't have to be Ivy educated to see the kid can play. Last year, his manager Arnie Beyeler commented on how hard Iggy was hitting the ball, and how much he had improved in a short time, also noting his relative inexperience at pro ball in a foreign country. That's something we forget. Arnie's comments were not given much stock, unfortunately.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

The time has come to put Iggy into the starting lineup and let him play. He has earned it!

BTW Bil- he is 23 not 20.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

My answer to the thread's question is; pretty much everyone through 2012. We all knew he has a ++ glove, his hitting in 13 is quite amazing and totally unexpected. I do think Management is handling him well, and he will play more as time goes along.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to youkillus' comment:

Only 20 years old, he will get stronger and the skills will get better.........  The Sox better hold on to this guy, IGGY is the real deal !!!     What say you ???    >RESPECT

Bill, you were probably the biggest Iggy booster around here, as the motto at Dartmouth states; Vox Clamantis in Deserto. (Voice crying out in the wilderness) You don't have to be Ivy educated to see the kid can play. Last year, his manager Arnie Beyeler commented on how hard Iggy was hitting the ball, and how much he had improved in a short time, also noting his relative inexperience at pro ball in a foreign country. That's something we forget. Arnie's comments were not given much stock, unfortunately.

There were plenty of Iggy fans in here, just a lot of them thought he needed another year in AAA after having a .391 OPS last year.  I know Hugh and Moon definitely advocated for him already starting, I think Hugh this year and Moon last year, and there were others.

And, of course, there were several that wanted him traded for a bag of balls, but they are the same ones that want all 25 players traded.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

You had no clue like everyone else.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to sindarin-erebor's comment:

My answer to the thread's question is; pretty much everyone through 2012. We all knew he has a ++ glove, his hitting in 13 is quite amazing and totally unexpected. I do think Management is handling him well, and he will play more as time goes along.

That's a BINGO!!!  & Lil' billy-69 is once again playing master of the obvious (In this ONE CASE!)

We ALL knew the kid was a +++++++++++ glove!  Everyone!

His bat was in question for a REASON!  Generally, the stats don't lie at the plate.  He got a flukish shot, and ALL CREDIT IN THE WORLD to the kid for the CARPE DIEM.

Now......  It's time for the Sox to ride he hot hand!  The kid can play 3rd in his sleep, so play him there.  Keep him there!  Middy needs to be working every day at 1st........  in Pawtuckett or Portland.  We NEED WMB at 1st for the future!

Billy????  Ughhhhh......   Boring at best, but oh so much fun to pick on ;)

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

In response to sindarin-erebor's comment:

That's a BINGO!!!  & Lil' billy-69 is once again playing master of the obvious (In this ONE CASE!)

We ALL knew the kid was a +++++++++++ glove!  Everyone!

His bat was in question for a REASON!  Generally, the stats don't lie at the plate.  He got a flukish shot, and ALL CREDIT IN THE WORLD to the kid for the CARPE DIEM.

Now......  It's time for the Sox to ride he hot hand!  The kid can play 3rd in his sleep, so play him there.  Keep him there!  Middy needs to be working every day at 1st........  in Pawtuckett or Portland.  We NEED WMB at 1st for the future!

Billy????  Ughhhhh......   Boring at best, but oh so much fun to pick on ;)

Thats what BDC tells me every week when they send my check !!!!

LOL ;)

At least you are consistent        ly delusional  :)

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to mjagger's comment:

In response to Leftfielder61's comment:

"he's got the moves like jagger, got the moves like jagger...."   :0

The time has come to put Iggy into the starting lineup and let him play. He has earned it!

BTW Bil- he is 23 not 20.

Thank You,  Where did I get the 20 from ???

The vacuum that is inside your head.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Another inane OP from bill-806, who didn't even know Iglesias is 23 and probably doesn't know that Iglesias has been paid more--four years in a row going back to 2010--that several veterans on the big club.  His salary was and is $2M a year because the Sox actually think he has a lot of potential, potential they saw when the signed him in 2009.  Bill-806, as everyone has already pointed out, seems to think the he alone appreciates Iglesias and that he alone has discovered this diamond in the rough.

The hitting is a bonus as we all except bill-806 know.  His fielding is amazing, gold glove caliber.  And it is obvious he has really worked hard on his hitting, maybe in response to the Sox signing Drew in the offseason, which was a giant clue that Iglesias finally needed to get serious about his hitting. 

As for this year, some espn writer named David Schoenfield wrote a piece 4 days ago explaining why he thinks Iglesias high batting average is a fluke.  Just google Jose Iglesias and you can find the article.  I sort of agree with it, but also think Iglesias has in fact vastly improved his hitting.  Last year he looked like a .200 hitter because that's what he was.  This year he looks a lot better and just might be a .300 hitter. 

But he absolutely is not a .400 hitter which bill-806 would have us believe.  The highest lifetime batting average in MLB history is .367, and the last time anyone hit .400 for a season was 1941, over 70 years ago.  So please, Bill, spare us your hyperbole. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Bill's like a stopped clock...right on something twice a day.

Maybe he confused 20 year old Aruban SS prospect Xander Bogaerts with 23 year old Cuban  phenom Jose Iglesias ?  You know, to the  undiscerning, ALL those "dern furriners" look alike....

However, Iglesias is currently 44 for 102 in the big leagues for 2013, or a .431 hitter. UNTIL that batting average drops enough, he IS , technically , a >400 hitter.

Will it continue ? Probably not, based upon visual evidence, history, statistical probabilities, yada yada yada.  But it IS actually possible......that shortstops & third basemen brain freeze / stumble /misplay seeing eye grounders,,,that line drives find gaps and roll around bouncing off corners....

Instead of argung over legitimacy, or worrying / obsessing / denying regarding details......let's just watch and continue to enjoy an improbable streak as long as it goes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I always said I believe one day he will be a good hitting in MLB. I had no reason to believe after a sub 400OPS last year, that it would be this year. He wasnt handed a job and had to put forth the extra effort this off season, which he more than accomplished.

He has still has a ton of IF hits, but had increased his LD% also. What Im saying is that its obvious he wont be as lucky as the AB's accumulate, but should still have a very good BA as his plate discipline and pitch recognition have improved greatly. I could see around 270ish and a 330OBP over a full season. I wouldnt be surprised if those numbers were even higher. Iggy has EARNED his playing time.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Note to Steven Drew:

Don't be buying any houses in Boston. 

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Wow the attendance down at McCoy has really dropped off since this kid left.  Management is walking around  passing out free tickets once the game starts.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Everyone said he couldn't hit, including you.  everyone on this board, everyone in the Red Sox organization,

I have never heard one person suggest he could be a 300 hitter in MLB.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to S5's comment:

Note to Steven Drew:

Don't be buying any houses in Boston. 

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

note to S5...I dont think he was planning on it ;)

Sections
Shortcuts