Boston Red Sox Trade Rumors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Boston Red Sox Trade Rumors

In response to illinoisredsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We should also remember to cut these kids some slack and give them a long enough learning curve. We're already hearing rumbles from some fans about Betts. Give the kids some room to fail and learn from their mistakes.

[/QUOTE]

Oh no, moon. Not permitted.  Kids coming up must start off like Ted Cox and then at worst morph in to Lynn and Rice. Anything less is not acceptable.

Note to self, remove tongue from cheek now>

[/QUOTE]

LOL

Remember this?

"It's time to bench Pedroia and start Alex Cora"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to illinoisredsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We should also remember to cut these kids some slack and give them a long enough learning curve. We're already hearing rumbles from some fans about Betts. Give the kids some room to fail and learn from their mistakes.

[/QUOTE]

Oh no, moon. Not permitted.  Kids coming up must start off like Ted Cox and then at worst morph in to Lynn and Rice. Anything less is not acceptable.

Note to self, remove tongue from cheek now>

[/QUOTE]

LOL

Remember this?

"It's time to bench Pedroia and start Alex Cora"

[/QUOTE]

I also remember Pedro Ciriaco being the 3B of the future, and Nick Green being our new SS.  I also remember DFAing Buchholz to make room for Michael Bowden.

Many of us see players through small windows and have short memories. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I also remember Pedro Ciriaco being the 3B of the future, and Nick Green being our new SS. I also remember DFAing Buchholz to make room for Michael Bowden.

Many of us see players through small windows and have short memories.

How many of us whined when we gave up on Brandon Moss?

How many of us moaned about trading Reddick after his half season of greatness in Oakland?

We still read from some here rant about the hurtful loss of Masterson. We made a strong run with VMart, and what baseball GM would trade Owens and Barnes for Masterson? Those are the two guys we got when VMart bolted to free agency.

"Some can't see the forest for the trees."

Sox4ever

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to billge's comment:

Good just about time to face reality and play the kids .  And if these kids arent all good, we got more in the pipeline

QUOTE:
    Playing the kids is the right move but we still need to trade a few to improve our ball club moving forward.  We have good and bad fits so the sooner the FO figures out who to package for a big bat or two the better off our future will look.  We can't just sit back and keep collecting/prospects who may or may not work out at certain positions.  We have too many holes to fill with little to no power/low OBP's and/or weak defense.

I agree, but now is the time to collect prospects. Next winter is probably a better time to trade prospects for a young stud with several years of team control or the willingness to extend as part of a 4 or 5 for 1 deal. We have to pull the trigger at some point... very soon!

I agree we will be collecting more prospects moon.  The problem is they will probably be lower level prospects because guys like Peavy, Doubront, Carp, Gomes, Nava, Middy and others simply have little value.  We need to deal a SP and I'm thinking Clay even with his history, or Lackey would draw more interest than Peavy or Doubront.  Packaged correctly around a few prospects could bring us a nice return.  The problem again lies with our FO's inability to extend Lester.  Trading Lester now won't help much and losing him could be devastating.  Jon has been our most durable and best PS pitcher by far.  Trading Shane is also an option because I doubt we get much out of him before his contract expires.  Everyone wants to keep their favorite youngsters but in all reality they have the most trade value, we have a lot of needs I personally don't see many of them filling. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I agree we will be collecting more prospects moon. The problem is they will probably be lower level prospects because guys like Peavy, Doubront, Carp, Gomes, Nava, Middy and others simply have little value. We need to deal a SP and I'm thinking Clay even with his history, or Lackey would draw more interest than Peavy or Doubront. Packaged correctly around a few prospects could bring us a nice return. The problem again lies with our FO's inability to extend Lester. Trading Lester now won't help much and losing him could be devastating. Jon has been our most durable and best PS pitcher by far. Trading Shane is also an option because I doubt we get much out of him before his contract expires. Everyone wants to keep their favorite youngsters but in all reality they have the most trade value, we have a lot of needs I personally don't see many of them filling.

We already have plenty of prospects to make offers for guys like Stanton. Trading Peavy, Gomes, Badenhop, and Miller will help replenish the farm for such a trade.

If we can't extend Lester or Uehara, they would get us some very fine prospects that we can either keep to replenish the farm after the mentioned trade or to make a further trade for an established young player with several years of team control.

We agree that the trigger will have to be pulled at some point, and I feel that adding prospects to our farm this deadline can only help us decide to make a 4 or 5 for 1 deal this winter much easier to make.

Keeping players that are going to walk this winter is pointless.

BTW, I wouldn't trade Middy, Carp or Doubront. They still have some years left of team control at a low cost, and trading them now is selling low. Keep them around and give them a chance to prove themselves again. If they don't, we can tarde them later for the same thing we'd get now: close to nothing.

Sox4ever

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

I agree we will be collecting more prospects moon. The problem is they will probably be lower level prospects because guys like Peavy, Doubront, Carp, Gomes, Nava, Middy and others simply have little value. We need to deal a SP and I'm thinking Clay even with his history, or Lackey would draw more interest than Peavy or Doubront. Packaged correctly around a few prospects could bring us a nice return. The problem again lies with our FO's inability to extend Lester. Trading Lester now won't help much and losing him could be devastating. Jon has been our most durable and best PS pitcher by far. Trading Shane is also an option because I doubt we get much out of him before his contract expires. Everyone wants to keep their favorite youngsters but in all reality they have the most trade value, we have a lot of needs I personally don't see many of them filling.

We already have plenty of prospects to make offers for guys like Stanton. Trading Peavy, Gomes, Badenhop, and Miller will help replenish the farm for such a trade.

If we can't extend Lester or Uehara, they would get us some very fine prospects that we can either keep to replenish the farm after the mentioned trade or to make a further trade for an established young player with several years of team control.

We agree that the trigger will have to be pulled at some point, and I feel that adding prospects to our farm this deadline can only help us decide to make a 4 or 5 for 1 deal this winter much easier to make.

BTW, I wouldn't trade Middy, Carp or Doubront. They still have some years left of team control at a low cost, and trading them now is selling low. Keep them around and give them a chance to prove themselves again. If they don't, we can tarde them later for the same thing we'd get now: close to nothing.

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

Doubront stinks. He has already had numerous opportunities to prove himself. He needs to go. Middlebrooks too. Look at the number of PAs and his stats. How much more time does he get? If we get an offer for him, I would trade him too.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Mookie had a solid game tonight. Loved the speed he showed to first on the infield "double". And the ability to score from 1st on Nava's double. That kid has a lot going for him including bat speed and running speed. Two very important aspects of any hitter's game.

JBJ has been coming around also. Let's just play the kids and see what we have. Move more vets please!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

The thing is....I really think we could be buyers and sellers at the same time.  We can sell of pieces that aren't part of the nucleus here.  Gomes/Peavy/Drew/....should be traded....if the deal is right in the maybe pile Lakey/Doubront/Koji/Miller....should not be traded but if you know he can't be resigned the Lester would be one of the biggest chips.

But regardless we can buy and sell at the same time. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Rookies can go either way.

No one expected Fisk to be the player he became on D and O

Red Sox had two guys come up in the 66 and 67 seasons both were supposed to be GREAT players

Joe Foy even supplanted George Scott from 3rd base and George moved to first

Foy played 5 years total in MLB Boomer played 11 neither ever full filled the expectations of the MVP awards they both rec'd at AAA and AA

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rookies can go either way.

No one expected Fisk to be the player he became on D and O

Red Sox had two guys come up in the 66 and 67 seasons both were supposed to be GREAT players

Joe Foy even supplanted George Scott from 3rd base and George moved to first

Foy played 5 years total in MLB Boomer played 11 neither ever full filled the expectations of the MVP awards they both rec'd at AAA and AA

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

[/QUOTE]

The M's never expected VTek to do that well either!

Hey, the Jays don't have a 1Bman anymore. Maybe they'll kick the tires on Carp or Nava.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Ken Rosenthal

If RedSox make RPs available, expect #Dodgers to show interest. Uehara, Miller, Badenhop potential FAs. Breslow $100K buyout on $4M option.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

moon,

Guys like Middy who can't stay off the DL are considered fragile players.  He has also been ineffective offensively and a player I see just getting older, not much better.  I say we keep Middy in the minors and hope he stays healthy and somewhat effective offensively in hopes some team considers him a solid "throw in' in a package for a long term fit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Play the kids but lower tickets prices said no Red Sox official! But I am glad to see the rookies up and running.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

moon,

Guys like Middy who can't stay off the DL are considered fragile players. He has also been ineffective offensively and a player I see just getting older, not much better. I say we keep Middy in the minors and hope he stays healthy and somewhat effective offensively in hopes some team considers him a solid "throw in' in a package for a long term fit.

Fine with me. I just don't see trading him anytime soon as his stock is at an alltime low right now.

Sox4ever

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

What concerns me about Middlebrooks is he is not hitting in Pawtucket. With a .167 BA against Lefties. Sox will make him a centerpiece for Stanton. OH OK. Maybe Drug testing should be for Front Office, don't worry about Papi.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

What concerns me about Middlebrooks is he is not hitting in Pawtucket. With a .167 BA against Lefties.\

The small sample size in Pawtucket should not influence our opinions too much.

Look, I do not have much hope in Middy and never did. I was for trading him right after his "big year", however, trading any player when their stock is at their all time low makes no sense to me. I will say that if we can get a better prospect for him, I'd trade him, but I just don't see any team offering us a promising prospect for Middy or demanding he be a throw-in to a larger package. If I am wrong on this, and there are teams out there who really want Middy and will give us something useful for him- then yes- trade him now.

Sox4ever

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Davidap@MLBRumors · 3h Sources say #redsox are fielding offers on Mike Napoli.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to davidap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow!

Maybe a slot will open up for Carp, Holt, Nava, Middy or Cecchini to play some there this year and see where it goes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Nick Cafardo/Boston Globe‏

things learned: Red Sox would prefer to keep Bogearts at 3rd. They also want to keep Uehara for next season. Can deal Drew if he hits.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Red sox will not trade him.  If they do, they will not have any guy next year hitting over 20 HR's except Papi.   

Napoli is going to be the future DH guy

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I doubt we see Napoli go anywhere, though I admit I'm curious who might be interested and what the return might be.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Nick Cafardo
    ‏@nickcafardo
    3 things learned: Red Sox would prefer to keep Bogearts at 3rd. They also want to keep Uehara for next season. Can deal Drew if he hits.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Red Sox SHOULD be fielding offers for anyone not in their plans for 2016 and beyond. That includes Napoli whose contract will expire at the end of next year. They would be remiss not to consider offers for players who are not part of the rebuilding process.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Red Sox SHOULD be fielding offers for anyone not in their plans for 2016 and beyond. That includes Napoli whose contract will expire at the end of next year. They would be remiss not to consider offers for players who are not part of the rebuilding process.

[/QUOTE]

The plan of 2016 and beyond makes some sense, but I'm not willing to give up on 2015 just yet. Our kids will be a year older and experienced, and we have a lot of money to spend on the open market.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Give up on 2015?  That's just silly.  Did we learn nothing last year about quick turnarounds?