Bummer for Jerry Remy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from den666. Show den666's posts

Bummer for Jerry Remy

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but I really feel for Jerry Remy. He's been with the team for so long, it's as if he were a member. What a bummer for him not being in the broadcast booth for the series and not being a part of the festivities.  Seeing the NESN crew duckboat pic without him makes me feel for the guy. Good luck, Jerry. I wish you all the best.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from den666. Show den666's posts

Re: Bummer for Jerry Remy

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

In response to den666's comment:

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but I really feel for Jerry Remy. He's been with the team for so long, it's as if he were a member. What a bummer for him not being in the broadcast booth for the series and not being a part of the festivities.  Seeing the NESN crew duckboat pic without him makes me feel for the guy. Good luck, Jerry. I wish you all the best.

The bigger question is how did he and his wife end up raising such a thug? 

It's true that in many cases ''The nut never falls far from the tree''. Most of us try to raise our kids as best as we can, but when they're adults, there comes a point when they're in control of their own destiny.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

The bigger question is how did he and his wife end up raising such a thug? 

It's true that in many cases ''The nut never falls far from the tree''. Most of us try to raise our kids as best as we can, but when they're adults, there comes a point when they're in control of their own destiny.  

My heart goes out to Jerry & family.....  The above questions just proove that no matter who you are, the apples sometimes fall way a way from the tree........ And America thinks that marigwana & steroids are OK... That is total  B S......  I think that we have seen the last of Jerry Remy anywhere near Fenway Paaaak & our Red Sox...... My thoughts are with you Jerry !!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Tom Caron was giving credit to all the NESN crew, in front of and behind the camera, and was gald to hear he mention Remy. Reportedly, his son has refused to see him or his wife since he was arrested, charged and jailed. I hope he's able to return, next year. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Tom Caron was giving credit to all the NESN crew, in front of and behind the camera, and was gald to hear he mention Remy. Reportedly, his son has refused to see him or his wife since he was arrested, charged and jailed. I hope he's able to return, next year. 

Me too J-BAY........   Just think that Jerry's heart is broken & his pride will not allow him back....

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Bummer for a girl who was beaten to death after being encouraged not to ask for protection from a guy who had beaten women before.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

It's gotta be INSANELY difficult to be the parent of a kid who just committed such a disgusting act....... but really?  Feeling bad that he wasn't on a duck boat?  The guy probably isn't even thinking about a duck boat.  Put your prayers and energy to the family that had their child ripped away from them at way too young an age....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

It's gotta be INSANELY difficult to be the parent of a kid who just committed such a disgusting act....... but really?  Feeling bad that he wasn't on a duck boat?  The guy probably isn't even thinking about a duck boat.  Put your prayers and energy to the family that had their child ripped away from them at way too young an age....

Your right again ........  We are all soooo conditioned with this "stuff" 24 hours a day in a country that has lost control with "right & wrong" that we root for the wrong people....  We reach out to Jerry & his feelings because we "know him" when the shame of it lies with the death of the beautiful person that the "monster son" killed......  That being said, this continues because of all the "bleeding heart lib/left/rad/soc/moonbats" that have been on a mission of destroying this country for the 40+ years........ I used to say, "nothing good happens after 11:00PM, now I say nothing good happens after DARK" !!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

Bummer for a girl who was beaten to death after being encouraged not to ask for protection from a guy who had beaten women before.

First,she was stabbed to death.Secondly,do you really think an order of protection would have stopped him from murdering her?Really?

I'm sure Jerry and his wife feel terrible beyond words with what happened.They were trying to protect their son from legal entanglements,which is what a lot of parents would do.Nobody wants to believe that their son or daughter was capable of this kind of violence.They were obviously wrong with that misplaced loyalty and realize it now.

I can only believe that's a decision that they truly regret with all their heart.I'm also willing to bet that they think about that decision on almost a daily basis and wonder how it could have been different if they didn't stop her from getting a order of protection.

The Remy's weren't the only ones to drop the ball here by the way.The police could have held him in jail too,as explained in this paragraph from the Globe: 

Even without Jennifer Martel’s cooperation, prosecutors could have asked that Remy be held under the state’s dangerousness law, which was enacted in the early 1990s to give prosecutors a tool in the fight against domestic violence. Middlesex prosecutors did use that law when Remy was charged in 2005 with kicking, punching, and dragging his former girlfriend, which led to his being held for at least 81 days at Middlesex jail, according to court records." 

So anyways,I feel empathy  for Jerry and his wife.This was an outcome neither one wanted or expected.Now they have to live with their decisions both right and wrong involving their son and this young woman.The shame and guilt is probably more of a punishment to them than their son will suffer for commiting the actual murder.

Of course,I feel badly for the parents,child and friends of this poor woman as well.They're innocent victims of Remy's rage. 

By the way,I also hope Jared Remy gets prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. He's an animal and doesn't deserve to ever be free again.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

I feel for Jerry big time. People are responsible for their own actions. Don't blame parents and others. And I also feel for the family of the girl. My heart and sympathy goes out to them. We miss you Jerry.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

People need to be held accountable for their own actions. There is far too much excuse making in today's society. We have no idea what the home life was like, but this kid is a murderer ( allegedly ) and should be thought of as such.  Jerry Remy being a celebrity , does not change things. This is about one young man who committed a terrible crime. And , there is far , far too much of that in today's life in this country, not to mention the rest of the world. With all of the advances in science, technology, medicine, etc. , it is a shame that so much barbarity still exists. Too many people make too many excuses and perpetually look for underlying reasons  and " root causes " for these atrocities. Deal with things as they are. Simply put, there are some bad people in this world. Most people are good, but they should never cater to or capitulate to the bad. Don't blame Jerry Remy. Blame Jared. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

Jerry is not the nicest guy in the world.  Hes admitted that in the past.  And he was worse when he was younger.  He's a curmudgeon - who travels to Japan and only leaves the hotel to go to the game?  I doubt he would have been on the Duck Boats even if his son hadn't killed that girl.

how does a person who is supposedly involved with the Jimmy Fund smoke?  How does someone interact with children fighting for their lives and then turn around and light up?

save your sympathy.  There a lot more people who are more deserving.

I've heard that one of my favorite Red Sox player of all time Rick "The Rooster" Burleson got that nickname because he was a ..........Rooster. Not nice and worse then Jerry.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

Jerry is not the nicest guy in the world.  Hes admitted that in the past.  And he was worse when he was younger.  He's a curmudgeon - who travels to Japan and only leaves the hotel to go to the game?  I doubt he would have been on the Duck Boats even if his son hadn't killed that girl.

how does a person who is supposedly involved with the Jimmy Fund smoke?  How does someone interact with children fighting for their lives and then turn around and light up?

save your sympathy.  There a lot more people who are more deserving.

It's an addiction.  A good friend of mine at work smoked.  She taught me a lot about my trade.  Even after they took part of her lungs out, she smoked.  She'd quit and come back.  She'd get hypnotized, and come back.  She was a much better person than me, but she couldn't kick the addiction, and it killed her.

there but for the grace of God...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

An order of protection is relatively meaningless.  All it means is that the guy that kills you gets life in prison, plus a couple of months.  I don't need and I don't want a gun to protect myself from someone robbing me of $100.  If one of my kids gets involved with a psychopath, I think they need a gun.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

First,she was stabbed to death.Secondly,do you really think an order of protection would have stopped him from murdering her?Really?

I'm sure Jerry and his wife feel terrible beyond words with what happened.They were trying to protect their son from legal entanglements,which is what a lot of parents would do.Nobody wants to believe that their son or daughter was capable of this kind of violence.They were obviously wrong with that misplaced loyalty and realize it now.

I can only believe that's a decision that they truly regret with all their heart.I'm also willing to bet that they think about that decision on almost a daily basis and wonder how it could have been different if they didn't stop her from getting a order of protection.

The Remy's weren't the only ones to drop the ball here by the way.The police could have held him in jail too,as explained in this paragraph from the Globe: 

Even without Jennifer Martel’s cooperation, prosecutors could have asked that Remy be held under the state’s dangerousness law, which was enacted in the early 1990s to give prosecutors a tool in the fight against domestic violence. Middlesex prosecutors did use that law when Remy was charged in 2005 with kicking, punching, and dragging his former girlfriend, which led to his being held for at least 81 days at Middlesex jail, according to court records." 

So anyways,I feel empathy  for Jerry and his wife.This was an outcome neither one wanted or expected.Now they have to live with their decisions both right and wrong involving their son and this young woman.The shame and guilt is probably more of a punishment to them than their son will suffer for commiting the actual murder.

Of course,I feel badly for the parents,child and friends of this poor woman as well.They're innocent victims of Remy's rage. 

By the way,I also hope Jared Remy gets prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. He's an animal and doesn't deserve to ever be free again.

Let's just understand that this guy is in his thirties, is a known steroid abuser, and has beaten women before. Is the answer really to bury it, and have him go on as if nothing happened because he's the son of a celebrity?

You claim to want him punished to the full extent of the law for murder, but you're OK when he was just a GIANT grown man beating up women with the protection of his family. I was beaten by a boyfriend that I broke up with. He followed me, I was cornered, tried to run, was grabbed by the back of my hair, and had my head slammed over and over again against a garage door. He only dropped me when my friend started to cry and said he was going to kill me.

IMO if they wanted to protect their son, they should have gotten him the help he clearly needed long ago. To continue to protect him and cover for him, and let him beat up women as if it's no big deal can't possibly be the answer.

FTR I don't want Remy punished for his involvement. I, honestly, believe he is suffering and will continue to suffer forever. I can't imagine what it must be like for him and his family. But I also can't imagine what it must be like to be stabbed to death, and leave a little child with no parents. I just think this could have been avoided had they taken notice of so many red flags along the way.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to LagunaJose's comment:

Is this the right BDC forum to discuss this in? Poor Jerry might be monitoring this forum. If he was wrong then forgive him.

I doubt Jerry is monitoring this forum. I'm sure he has other things on his mind. And this thread was started in reference to the parade and his absence. Don't know what other forum it would belong on.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Your right again ........  We are all soooo conditioned with this "stuff" 24 hours a day in a country that has lost control with "right & wrong" that we root for the wrong people....  We reach out to Jerry & his feelings because we "know him" when the shame of it lies with the death of the beautiful person that the "monster son" killed......  That being said, this continues because of all the "bleeding heart lib/left/rad/soc/moonbats" that have been on a mission of destroying this country for the 40+ years........ I used to say, "nothing good happens after 11:00PM, now I say nothing good happens after DARK" !!!

HEY 67....WHO TURNED THIS INTO A POLITICAL POST?  RIGHTY? LEFTY? MIDDLE?

Sections
Shortcuts