Curt Schilling

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Re: Curt Schilling

In response to ampoule's comment:

In response to JoseLaguna's comment:

Curt Schilling was the epitome of a team player.

Thank you Curt for the gift you gave use and sincerely hope you win this battle.

And, thank you, my left-leaning friends for transgressing personal politics to wish him the best.

NEVER NEVER thought of  his politics until you just mentioned it.  Why was it necessary for to inject politics into a thread about cancer?

Because MANY here have bad-mouthed him in the past because of his conservative views.

Besides, my comment was innocuous.  Your response is the inflammatory one.  Do something which is foreign to you.  That is, don't create dissention that doesn't exist or wasn't remotely intended to.

JoseL up to his usual tricks. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Man, this hit me like a ton of bricks when I heard about "Cy" Curt this morning coming into work on WEEI. They were discussing just how much more krap does this guy need to have on his plate. I got cancer back in 04 diagnosed just as the sox were going to the WS. By the grace of the man upstairs I have been cancer free since early 05. a lot can be said about this guy that probably many fans are not aware of. his tremendous advocacy to battle ALS which he started probably 20 years ago. I'm quoting Jerry C from EEI when I say that during that game with his ankle sutured you could see the letters KALS on his cleat. The one shining hope for him is the fact that if you're going to get cancer, boston is the number one cancer fighting medical area in the country with the best hospitals and doctors to treat this horrible disease. My thoughts and prayers are with you Curt and your whole family during this time of crisis.
    Sincerely,

one of your biggest fans always,

Hammer

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

A good man and a Sox hero forever. There would be no 2004 championship without Schilling. Why not us? 

His heart has always in the right place and wish him all the best. Doesn't say what type of cancer and his prognosis, which is concerning.

When I read it, gale I thought the same thing. No Schilling, no Championship. We may still be waiting. Thanksgiving 2003, tapping on my shoulder. I turned to see and hear my nephew...The Red Sox got Schilling. I jumped up from the table and rushed into the family room to see the TV. I remember thinking, this may finally be our year. And was it ever. Why not us, turned into it was us.

Yeah. Which type of cancer it is makes all the difference in the world.

Absolutely. When you are first diagnosed it hits you like a brick and all you can think about is wrapping up your affairs. I know: I was diagnosed with it a little over two years ago. But as you said, not all cancers are created equal. Some are curable; some do not require any treatment at all (like mine) other than judicious monitoring. Some are sort of chronic, requiring treatment off and on for many many years. And others are much much worse. I have not yet heard what kind of cancer Schilling has.

Sorry to hear that PG, but glad it wasn't worse. Continued good health. Schilling is taking a leave of absence from ESPN, so he may not be as fortunate. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

ok, admittedly never been a fan of Schill, but just like i did for Lester...i'll openly root for him to beat whatever kind it is....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I think it is racist to lesson CS's battle with cancer over others simply because some of us don't "like him". What say you moonslobber

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

FOX 25 News Boston @fox25news 2m

ESPN: Curt Schilling announced today that he has cancer. #fox25

ESPN baseball analyst and former major league pitcher Curt Schilling announced Wednesday that he has cancer.

"I've always believed life is about embracing the gifts and rising up to meet the challenges," Schilling said in a statement released by ESPN. "We've been presented with another challenge, as I've recently been diagnosed with cancer."

In December, ESPN announced that Schilling would be part of its "Sunday Night Baseball" broadcast team for the upcoming season. It also announced a multiyear contract extension with him.

ESPN did not say what Schilling's broadcast plans will be for the upcoming season.

"Our thoughts are with Curt and his family during this challenging time," the network said in a statement. "His ESPN teammates wish him continued strength in his cancer fight and we look forward to welcoming him back to our baseball coverage whenever he's ready."

Schilling, 47, pitched in the majors for 20 seasons with the Baltimore Orioles, Houston Astros, Philadelphia Phillies, Arizona Diamondbacks and Boston Red Sox. The six-time All-Star finished with a record of 216-146 and a 3.46 ERA. His 3,116 strikeouts rank 15th all time.

The right-hander, though, was best known for his performances in the postseason. In 19 playoff starts, he compiled an 11-2 record with four complete games and a 2.23 ERA. He'll forever be a part of Red Sox lore, helping them to World Series titles in 2004 and '07.

Schilling also won a title as a member of the Diamondbacks in 2001, when he shared MVP honors with fellow starter Randy Johnson.

Last year, Schilling told The Boston Globe he had a heart attack in November 2011 and had surgery to place a stent in one of his arteries. He said he experienced chest pains while watching his wife, Shonda, run in the New York City Marathon.

Shonda Schilling also battled cancer after being diagnosed with stage 2 malignant melanoma in 2001.

"Shonda and I want to send a sincere thank you and our appreciation to those who have called and sent prayers, and we ask that if you are so inclined, to keep the Schilling family in your prayers," Schilling said in his statement.

He added: "My father left me with a saying that I've carried my entire life and tried to pass on to our kids: 'Tough times don't last, tough people do.' Over the years in Boston, the kids at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute have shown us what that means.

"With my incredibly talented medical team I'm ready to try and win another big game. I've been so very blessed and I feel grateful for what God has allowed my family to have and experience, and I'll embrace this fight just like the rest of them, with resolute faith and head on."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

I wish Curt and his family the best, the bloody sock WC and outspoken pitcher will always be remembered among our greatest memories.  You have to love a guy who states (I will never play for the Yankees) and take less for a shot at another chapionship.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Thank you Curt for the gift you gave use and sincerely hope you win this battle.

And, thank you, my left-leaning friends for transgressing personal politics to wish him the best.

Amp, humanity over politics, always.  Most of us have it wrong anyway.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

I don't like his politics but I think he's a sweet, generous guy.  My son played on a high school team he was assistant-coaching and blew out his glove webbing during a practice.  Next day Curt showed up with two brand new gloves.

Our prayers go with him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Very saddened by this news...he will have a lot of people pulling for him, however.

Best of luck, Schill.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Sorry to hear the great Curt Schilling has cancer. I hope he can beat it. He changed the culture of the Red Sox to a championship mentality. His attitude, his guts,and his ability helped bring a championship that many fans (myself included) thought we would never see in our lifetime. He is a Red Sox legend. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:

Sorry to hear the great Curt Schilling has cancer. I hope he can beat it. He changed the culture of the Red Sox to a championship mentality. His attitude, his guts,and his ability helped bring a championship that many fans (myself included) thought we would never see in our lifetime. He is a Red Sox legend. 

Well said. Red Sox Nation will never forget the bloody sock. No matter what..he played with heart. That whole team was indeed special.

As far as politics, I think politics are the last thing on anyone's mind when they hear about a cancer diagnosis. Life is precious and nothing puts things in perspective faster than hearing a Dr. say "I'm sorry. You have ______ cancer". Somehow..politics become meaningless by comparison.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Jon Lester         @JLester31 Follow

@gehrig38 NEVER QUIT man!!

9:26 PM - 5 Feb 2014 303 RETWEETS 372 FAVORITES

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to tvfrank's comment:

NEVER NEVER thought of  his politics until you just mentioned it.  Why was it necessary for to inject politics into a thread about cancer?

Because MANY here have bad-mouthed him in the past because of his conservative views.

Besides, my comment was innocuous.  Your response is the inflammatory one.  Do something which is foreign to you.  That is, don't create dissention that doesn't exist or wasn't remotely intended to.

Hey Pike, I normally don't agree with you, but I can stomach you more than the elitist, Amphole.

Best to Curt. Many have beaten this terrible disease, why not him?

Actually, Amp is one of the best posters here. Shouldn't you be busy chasing Bill all over the board with lame one-liners in every thread?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Crushing news. I really don't like the fact that so little information was given as to what type of cancer and how far along. I hope it's just because he wants to keep it private, and not because of anything else. All my best to Curt and his family.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

THIS

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Thoughts go out to CS and his family.  you can beat this.  you are a fighter and competitor.  that, i have no doubt. 

was looking forward to seeing how he did in the booth with Kruk.  wonder if that is still going to happen?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

Thoughts go out to CS and his family.  you can beat this.  you are a fighter and competitor.  that, i have no doubt. 

was looking forward to seeing how he did in the booth with Kruk.  wonder if that is still going to happen?

well slash that really depends on what type of cancer curt has. I pray that it is any type that is treatable with a positive prognosis for a full recovery. this also depends on how quickly they caught it and at what stage it is.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

ok, admittedly never been a fan of Schill, but just like i did for Lester...i'll openly root for him to beat whatever kind it is....

spoken like a true die hard yankee fan. of course your not a fan of schill as a red sox pitcher. I would feel the same towards any other yankee pitcher myself. and just like you my friend, I would root for any baseball player in mlb that was stricken with this dreaded disease team or no team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to JIMMYPROFFER's comment:

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

Man, this hit me like a ton of bricks when I heard about "Cy" Curt this morning coming into work on WEEI. They were discussing just how much more krap does this guy need to have on his plate. I got cancer back in 04 diagnosed just as the sox were going to the WS. By the grace of the man upstairs I have been cancer free since early 05. a lot can be said about this guy that probably many fans are not aware of. his tremendous advocacy to battle ALS which he started probably 20 years ago. I'm quoting Jerry C from EEI when I say that during that game with his ankle sutured you could see the letters KALS on his cleat. The one shining hope for him is the fact that if you're going to get cancer, boston is the number one cancer fighting medical area in the country with the best hospitals and doctors to treat this horrible disease. My thoughts and prayers are with you Curt and your whole family during this time of crisis.
    Sincerely,

Hammer

I don't remember him winning a Cy Young Award.

And I don't think it said KALS on his cleat, I think it said HEINZ.

what a

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

In response to JIMMYPROFFER's comment:

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

Sincerely,

Hammer

I don't remember him winning a Cy Young Award.

And I don't think it said KALS on his cleat, I think it said HEINZ.

what a

BHAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! +10000

Sections
Shortcuts